Changes within the last 3322 days...
- 2013-14 players are now available
- 2012-13 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- Due to some missing player records, the entire season of players for 2000-01 has been updated. Any player records already drafted or in league play will continue to use the data from the time of drafting.
- 2012-13 players are now available
- Re-imported all player records from 2001-02 after being alerted to some missing partial-season records.
- Adjusted 3pt% in the engine for guys with very low attempts and high percentage
- Reduced chances of a making the shot on a 3pt shooting foul.
- Adjusted shot distribution when in 3pt offense to give a small chance to shoot for guys without any 3pt attempts. Would only be noticeable if a team has 4 guys with no 3pt attempts and one guy with just a few.
- 2011-12 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- Players on the 2010-11 All-Defensive team have had Def Rating and Salary adjusted.
- Made a change to allow custom salary cap levels (between 20 and 200) for theme leagues. It's no longer necessary to contact support to get a specific salary cap set.
- We've finally released the player update. Details below:
Teams in the draft center have been updated to use the new player records (with updated salaries). Completed teams in leagues that haven't been schedule yet were sent back to the draft center.
- 2009-10 players
- New position effectiveness for all players
- Some corrected positions
- Updated defensive ratings for all players (although you won't notice much difference for most players)
- New salaries for all players, intended to better balance offense and defense
- Improved All-Star team selection logic to create better balance by position.
- Added Sixth Man to the awards listed on the League Leaders.
- 2008-09 teams added to SimMatchup and players added to SimLeagues.
- Waiving injured players is no longer allowed.
- Odds of injury have been adjusted so that as a player gets significantly fatigued his odds of injury increase greatly.
- Removed technical fouls related to players arguing. There will still be technicals assessed if a player exceeds 6 fouls due to no available replacement players.
- Added fatigue status to the popup of eligible players when activating a player from the IL.
- Added a link in the header to recent notices
- Made a change to the SimEngine that should result in fewer cases of players fouling out of games
- Changed the RL/82 column next to the depth chart to Recommended MPG and added an adjusted Recommended MPG. The adjusted value takes into account minutes/games that have already been played.
- Added playoff stats to the player profile
- Added a Playoffs view and Totals view to the League Leaders page
- Added a Playoffs view to the Team Rankings page
- Offensive fouls have been reduced in SimEngine version 2.2.
- Added all the stat views (including advanced) to the Draft Center that were previously available in the league coach's office.
- Offensive rebound percentages for players from the 50's, 60's, and part of the 70's should now be more accurate as we acquired some new team data to replace numbers that were previously estimated.
- Added 2pt%# and 3pt%# to all stats listings for players. These numbers are the normalized shooting percentages for the player assuming he's facing a historically average defensive team.
- Improved assist distribution within the SimEngine. Players that had high Usage% along with high assists should now get their fair share, whereas before they may have been getting less than they should.
- Replaced the offensive range system with a more sophisticated system that breaks down FGAs into Perimeter, Midrange, and Paint percentages.
- Update defensive ratings for all players. Instead of providing a boost to the rating for All-Defensive team players, they now have a "floor" value that they can't drop below. We also changed the distribution of ratings so that there are fewer really good and really bad ratings, but more closer to the average.
- Fixed a bug in the Coach's office which prevented setting defensive positioning for any opponent other than the next one.
- Fixed an issue in the SimEngine where lineups with low possessions were not getting properly penalized.
- The draft search interface has been streamlined and also some of your requests have been added. You'll be able to search by up to 3 teams at a time. Also, you'll now have two new stats views: Per 48 minutes and Advanced. The Advanced view will show you some of the numbers that are used by the SimEngine directly such as Usage%, Reb%, etc. We've also changed how the stat criteria sections work, so now you'll just select up to 9 categories to filter by instead of having every category on the screen.
- Slight tweak to improve Offensive Reb%, Defensive Reb%, Steal%, and Block%
- Improved calculation for a player's possession%, which we're now calling Usage%
- Improved method for generating Defensive Ratings
- Log5 Normalization of FG%, which means that we look at how a player's shooting numbers compare to the league average from his season and adjust sim performance.
- SimLeague teams will now have the depth chart set up automatically when they join a league. This should alleviate fatigue issues from a team accidentally playing a game or two without a depth chart set.
- Added a league realigment tool to allow theme league founders to realign divisions without needing help from WIS Support.
- The basic components of determining a foul are the offensive player's FTA's per possession, the defensive player's fouls per minute, and a composite of the fouls per minute of the other 4 defenders. The weight of the individual defender component has been reduced and the weight of the help defenders has been increased.
When distributing a foul call to a defender, the old logic gave a heavy weight to the man guarding the ball. Now that weight has been reduced.
The overall effect is that players should pick up fouls at a rate closer to real life and less reliant on who they're guarding.
- Added a new coaching option: Defensive Positioning. You may direct your defensive players to focus on the Perimeter, Paint, or somewhere in between. The effects for each opposing offensive player are based on that player's Offensive Range (Paint, Midrange, or Perimeter).
Only leagues starting games on or after 3/20/08 will be able to change this setting from the default setting of Balanced.
- Added new Offensive Range designation for each player that categorizes them as Paint, Midrange, or Perimeter. This is used to determine play-by-play and also is a key component of the new Defensive Positioning setting.
- Double teams are now taken into account by the SimEngine for exhibition leagues.
- Activated "My Team Stats", "Team Rankings", "Injury Report", and "League Leaders" links for exhibition leagues.
- Modified League Leaders to show top 25 by category and also display all categories together.
- In the Draft Center, you can now load historical teams along with SimLeague and Dream teams. For example, you can quickly load the roster from the 98-99 Bulls. It will pull the top 12 players by total minutes played.
- Added a note to drafting teams. It appears on the team center page as well as the draft center (where it can be edited). If you pick a theme league, the theme name will automatically be copied into the note as long as the note hadn't been set before. Also, that note will carry over to your team note when join a league.
- Added a totals line to the Totals view in the Draft Center and also to the Actual Stats - Totals view in the player stats in the team popup.
- Re-added an improved depth chart recommendation feature to the coach's office as well as the draft center. NOTE: no player will be slotted in a position where they're less than 80% effective.
- On the Player Stats popup page, added an opponents' stats line under your team totals.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get 3 points + a foul shot on a breakaway layup.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get 3 points + a foul shot on a tip in.
- Extended the player possession pace penalty to review a player’s average possessions per game. The strength of this penalty in general has not changed, yet this will account for situations in which a short-minute-per-game player (like the 1992-93 Eddie Lee Wilkins) saves up minutes and then attempts to play a full game at full strength.
- Corrected the logic involving offensive fouls. Previously, offensive foul generation was not adequately considering a player’s personal fouls.
- Improved logic for distribution of all stats. The processes of assigning steals, blocks, assists, fouls and free throw attempts were thoroughly reviewed and several minor updates were made.
- Added in-game fatigue. This uses the exact same logic as the previous fatigue formula, but is evaluated at the end of every quarter. This will now be reflected in the boxscore as the percentage value under a player’s name.
- Changed minimum requirements for player draft eligibility to at least 200 minutes. For short seasons, players' minutes are pro-rated to 82 games. There is no longer a minimum on games played.
- Added table to the Projected Depths tab on the Draft Center roster page based on the currently selected that lists total Target Minutes for each player next to their Minutes/82.
- Changed M/82 (minutes per 82) column back to MPG (minutes per game) on the Averages tab in the Draft Center.
- Changed Min/82 (minutes per 82) back to Min/Gm (minutes per game) on the draft player search page in the Sort By list, the Averages Stat Criteria box, and in the results when viewing by Averages.
- Changed MPG (minutes per game) to Min/82 (minutes per 82) on the draft player search page in the Sort By list, the Averages Stat Criteria box, and in the results when viewing by Averages.
- Changed MPG (minutes per game) column to M/82 (minutes per 82) on the Averages tab in the Draft Center. M/82 is the number of minutes a player can play per SimLeague game without becoming fatigued.
- Added a tab to the Draft Center roster page to show a projected depth chart based on the currently selected roster (must have selected at least 8 players).
- Added a "Show Recs" button at the bottom of the depth chart that will display a recommended depth chart setup including target minutes.
- Added icon links to the Team Center page that allows you to rename a team or send your team back to the Draft Center if the league has not yet been scheduled.
- Added 3 different views to the Draft Center roster: Averages, Totals, and Effectiveness. The player's name now links to the draft profile popup page. Also, each view is now sortable.
- Adjusted possessions in the last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime to give high possession players (i.e. "stars") a much greater chance of taking shots than low possession players.
- Reduced injury chances across the board.
- Fixed a bug where in certain circumstances, the player showing up as delivering an assist in the play-by-play was the incorrect player.
- Tweaked the determination of odds that a foul will be called on a given possession based on the offensive player, defensive player, and help defenders.
- Tweaked distribution logic for fouls, blocks, steals, and assists
- New playoff fatigue system, which will bring an end to players playing 48 minutes per game with no effect and will not allow coaches to "save" minutes during the regular season to overplay in the playoffs.
- Added defensive matchup settings and logic. Check the FAQ for more information.
- Promotional code teams are no longer eligible for the top 25
- Owner ratings and won/loss records will no longer be updated for teams purchased using a promo code
- Engine version 2.0.56 released.
- New fatigue system (based now only on SimLeague total minute page compared to total real life minutes)
- Changed the assist effect on FG% by limiting the boost for extremely high assist teams.
- Added a link to player names on waiver wire that pops up a page containing complete stats/info
- Fixed substitution issue that was causing players to play well out of position if substitutions took place while that player is shooting free throws (takes effect with 4/3 pm games).
- Fixed several play-by-play issues including showing updated score before free throws and showing injuries after players were substituted out (takes effect with 4/3 pm games).
- Changed the draft player search results to include a direct Draft link that works the same as clicking on the player name used to work. Now when you click on the player name a page pops up with complete information for that player, including average and total stats and a listing of all eligible seasons.
- All players who played for multiple teams in one season should now be listed with two records for each team (assuming they're eligible to be drafted): a partial season record representing time spent on that team, as well as a cumulative record with combined numbers from all teams.
- Substitution logic has been tweaked to put more weight on target minutes setting, which should lead to backups playing closer to target.
- Many stats have been corrected.
- All stats that were not historically tracked have been estimated using new formulas that compare a player to statistically similar players in seasons where that stat was tracked.
- Salaries were recalculated with a new formula that incorporates defensive rating and was constructed using analysis from multiple test leagues using the new SimEngine.
- Adjustments were made to the tempo logic so that teams can emulate a wider range of tempos.
- Much of the core SimEngine logic was redone to put more emphasis on individual matchups while still valuing teammates.
- Added a new position effectiveness system, where a percentage is listed for every player at each position that specifies the level of performance to expect whenever the player is playing that position.
- Added defensive ratings for every players, which affect opponent FG%
- Fixed a bug with determining which player got a rebound on a team. This did not affect game results, only the distribution of rebounds on teams.
- Fixed a bug where waiver claims were not processed if only one player on your team was eligible to be released.
- Added a new page listing your player's salaries and also the upcoming defensive ratings and position ratings. It is accessible through a link at the top of the player stats page.
- Changed Target Minute settings to allow an exact number instead of a 5 minute range.
- Fixed an issue in the SimEngine where players were not being taken out as quickly as they should be for foul trouble.
- Changed opponent lineup to show injured and inactive players.
- Made various fixes to address browser specific issues.
- Changed the Theme Options link in the header to My Team Stats. Theme league founders can edit theme options by using the link in the theme information box.
- Added a line indicating the playoff teams to the standings on the conference view.
- Fixed a bug in the matchup page which displayed head to head record incorrectly.
- Added Player of the Game back to the boxscore.
- Added total target minutes under each position in the depth chart and added approximate total target minutes to the status report.
- Added new search option to sort results in an ascending (low to high) or descending (high to low) manner.
- New substitution logic to evaluate nearly every possible lineup to determine the best one at each stoppage of play.
- New improved depth chart allowing coaches to set target minutes by position.
- Complete visual redesign including the addition of a new Team Center to help better organize teams.
- Fixed a bug where time was not correctly elapsing on a rebound that was followed by a timeout
- Fixed a bug involving an offensive rebound putback in a 3 point only situation.
- Fixed a bug where a player would attempt a 2 point shot in a 3 point situation
- Added logic to limit game to game variance of FGA
- Fixed a bug where a converted shot plus a foul was not counting the field goal
- Fixed a play-by-play issue where a 3 point shot was generating play-by-play for a 2 pt shot
- Fixed several bugs and made improvements to late game situations.
- New SimEngine version released including these changes:
- New logic that should make single game results more realistic, with fewer extremes
- Some new play-by-play such as tip-ins and new violations
- New and improved rebounding logic
- More realistic sequences following offensive rebounds
- Penalty for players shooting the ball significantly more than real life
- Better assessment of whether a team is good or bad in a certain area (e.g. passing, shotblocking)
- The better 3 pt shooters should take shots in 3 pt situations
- The option to make teams available for SimMatchup games is now checked by default.
Please note: Release notes can become stale. Please rely on the product's Rules, FAQ and Player Guide for official details and information.