Changes within the last 3003 days...
- The 2015-16 players are now available for SimLeagues!
- The 2015-16 teams & players are now available for SimMatchUp! Players will be available for SimLeagues when the playoffs are completed.
- The 2014-15 players are now available for SimLeagues. Enjoy!
- The complete downloadable player database has been updated with the 2013-14 players.
- 2013-14 Players and teams are ready! We apologize for the delay. Strength of division is a factor, so due to the NHL realignments, we had to rework some of our defensive and goalie formulas. Enjoy and thanks for your patience!
- 2012-13 players are now available for SimLeagues! The downloadable player database has also been updated.
- 2012-13 SimMatchUp teams and players are available! Give us just a little longer to finalize the SimLeague players. Thanks!
- Added an option to mute owners in hockey league forums. This can be found in the User Preferences page or by clicking the "Mute Owners" link at the bottom of each league's forum.
- The 2011-12 players and teams are now available for SimLeagues and SimMatchUp!
- Fixed a bug in the All-Star goalie selection process. (thanks sidder)
- 2010-11 players are now available for SimLeagues & SimMatchUp!
- Fixed issues with records not being saved. If you are in an open league, you break a record and you do not see the records updated within 24 hours of the Stanley Cup playoffs ending, please send us a support ticket. Thanks to all who reported these issues and we apologize for the time it took us to finally isolate the problems!
- Fixed some long overdue issues with draft centre blacklisting.
- Blacklists can now contain more than 255 items
- Blacklists are no longer deleted when exiting and re-entering the same league
- Blacklists are no longer deleted when changing league types while drafting (i.e. changing from starting a new theme league to starting a new dynasty league)
- Improved player search performance in leagues with large blacklists
- When a team already containing drafted players enters a league with a blacklist, any ineligible players will automatically be removed from the team
- Fixed formatting on blacklist-related pages
- Fixed a minor issue with OT losses not always being correctly factored into the "Last 10" record on both the standings and team profile pages (thanks m_christophe).
- Added 2009-10 Players
- Several player database corrections, including:
- Red Kelly is now a defender for the correct seasons
- The Steve Smiths playing for Edmonton and Philly in the 80s are now correctly separated
- A combined version of the 1978-79 Bob Murdoch is now available
- Dit Clapper is now a defender for the correct seasons
- Ebbie Goodfellow is now a defender for the correct seasons
- Updated the downloadable player DB, found here
- Added a ton of new and missing arena data (thanks SAKABAKBRG)
- Minor update for progressive/chain league players -- when building your team in the draft centre, the player search can now be sorted by season, in addition to the stat categories that have been previously available. (Thanks aurum)
- Attention stat-o-holics! We've added a new feature to SimLeague Hockey that easily allows you to convert stats tables into comma separated value (CSV) format for exporting and saving. In the upper-right corner of stats tables, click the green and white CSV icon to switch the table to CSV format. Then highlight the stats portion, copy and paste it into a CSV file. Check it out in any team's profile or the team rankings page once your league has started!
- We have a few minor changes to report. First, we've fixed the bug where finished teams in chained leagues would always show on the My Locker page, no matter how long ago they finished. We've also cleaned up Hockey Dream Teams, showing better stats for hockey players. A bug that didn't clear out the draft board between dynasty league seasons has been fixed. Some style fixes for older browsers have also been added.
- Players of the Month! As you may have noticed recently, your leagues might have headlines about "This Month's Best". We've added a new feature to SimLeague Hockey that will post an article in your league each "month" with the top players (skater, goalie and rookie). We say "month" with quotations because we're equating 8 real life days (16 games) to a month in SimLeague time. So you will see these articles posted every 8 days. Enjoy and as always, thanks for your continued support!
- SimMatchUp Update -- The free NHL SimMatchUp is now using SimEngine 4.0 for its games! This also means you'll see shootouts instead of ties, unless you simulate a game in playoff mode. We've also fixed the page crashes when trying to simulate games with user-created SimLeague teams. This feature should now be working unless the SimLeague team has an invalid roster.
Try the new SimMatchUp now!
- By request, we've made some changes to the restrictions on the waiver wire. Previously, clones were not allowed to be claimed in any league -- even if it was a theme league which allowed them. So in order to make waiver wire claims more convenient for our theme league users, we've removed that restriction for theme leagues only. Now it will be up to the owners to make sure they follow the rules and the league commish to monitor owner activity. Instead of having to submit a support ticket to allow a clone to be added, now the commish will only need to notify us if someone did not follow the rules.
Also fixed today was a bug where even if your user settings were set to hide completed teams, they still showed up in the team dropdown box which appears on the menu bar. (thanks gooner)
As always, we appreciate your feedback!
- We have released a small update to address some issues. The main part of the update was to enabled the SimLeague Hockey 4.0 feature that allows your fantasy (rookie) players to gain experience while in the minor leagues. This allows them to show improvement even if not on your NHL roster. For every game your team plays, your players in the minors will also play a "minor league game." Two "minor league games" are roughly equal to one NHL game in terms of experience. Another way to look at it would be that fantasy players playing full time at the NHL level will improve twice as fast as they would playing in the minors. However, if you can't find room for them on your NHL roster, it's good to know that they will still gain something out of being in the minors. This change is now in affect for both version 3 and version 4 leagues.
Also noteworthy in today's update was a correction on the font styles in the game summary section of the boxscore page allowing for goals to once again be displayed in bold. Thanks to everyone who submitted tickets about this. Unfortunately a global site font style was changed which unknowingly had an effect on our hockey game's smaller fonts.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support and feedback!
- We wanted to give you an update on some of the issues we've addressed over the past week.
- Shootout: We've corrected the issue where if the home team is winning in the final round of the shoot, they do not have to take their final shot. Updated 7/1: Fixed a bug related to this causing some teams to skip their turn in round 2.
- Shootout: Penalized players at the end of OT are now released from the penalty box and will be able to participate in the shootout unless they are serving a ten-minute misconduct or have been assessed a game misconduct or match penalty (as stated in NHL Official Rule 84.4).
- Fixed a small bug preventing the arena name from appearing on top of the scoreboard (on the boxscore page).
- Fixed some issues with minor league players and the new Match-Up page.
- The "Last 10" record on the league standings should be correcting itself over the next few days.
- We've added a new Playoff Bracket page replacing the old Series and Results page. Enjoy!
- We have added a User Preferences page. It is accessible from the SLH menu on all hockey pages. It is the one-stop place for you to specify how you want certain features of the interface to behave. Your settings will be saved on our system, so no matter where you log in from, they will not change. Previously, some of these settings were stored in cookies which were reset back to their defaults whenever you deleted your cookies or logged into a different computer. Enjoy!
- In the past week since SLH 4.0 has been released, we've been addressing little bugs and style glitches based on your feedback that are common with an update of this magnitude. Today, we updated the Prospect Draft with a few noteworthy changes:
- To address confusion with the draft board, now players you claim will remain on the board and will be highlighted in green. Players on your draft board claimed by another team will change to red as they have been doing since the release of SLH4.
- In Dynasty Leagues, the "Swap" function in the Coach's Office during the draft previously took a player from the draft pool and signed him to your team. Then took a player from your team and put him in the draft pool. This does not make sense because that player was never part of the draft. Now, removed players no long end up in the draft pool, they are removed as they would be if you released them mid-season.
- SimLeague Hockey version 4.0 has been released! Click here for the full scoop!
- We have released an update to the hockey simulator that fixes a bug with line matching (advanced line option). In some games, line matching was happening regardless of the specified settings. Beginning with the 11/4 PM games, this bug is fixed for all leagues using simulator 3.2. Leagues using the older versions of the simulator may still experience this bug. Please note that this update does not affect the way any of your players will perform, it only addresses the line matching bug. Thanks to all who have reported this bug!
- We have released an update to the hockey simulator that fixes a major bug with player shadowing (advanced defensive option). In some games, player shadowing would not have been working correctly -- i.e. shadowing happening before the time frame set or possibly happening even when deactivated in the Coach's Office. Beginning with the 10/21 PM games, this bug is fixed for all leagues using simulator 3.2. Leagues using the older versions of the simulator may still experience this bug. Please note that this update does not affect the way any of your players will perform, it only addresses the player shadowing bug. Thanks to all who have reported this bug over the past months -- it was not easy to track down but we finally got it!
- We've released two updates for SimLeague Hockey based on your feedback. Highlights include:
- Added the highly requested 1966-67 Stan Mikita to the game.
- Enhanced the Player Shadowing defensive option by adding a list showing which teams have players set to shadow.
- Changed 07-08 Shawn Thornton's position from LW to RW. Changed 07-08 Jeremy Reich's position from LW to C. (thanks dragonlocks).
- Added correct arenas for all St. Louis Blues seasons (thanks mnnorthstars).
Please note: Release notes can become stale. Please rely on the product's Rules, FAQ and Player Guide for official details and information.