Variable league size Topic

I'm going to be persistent about bumping this and really would love to hear from site staff whether this idea is even on the radar for potential changes to the NBA game.  Lots of committed owners lobby for this repeatedly, and variable league size could have a noticeable impact on theme league activity.  Even just one option for a size small enough to allow progressive leagues to start earlier, and allow ABA-only draft leagues, would be huge and much appreciated.

Thanks.
1/10/2012 3:52 PM
I agree with longtailbrad an optional 12 team theme league is win/win.  Our numbers may be few but our creativity and ideas abound.
Have you perused theme classified lately?  Great theme ideas wither and die because it takes too long to fill and WIS makes no $.
Launching smaller leagues would generate income and make the game better which in turn would create more interest.  More open
league players would try theme leagues.  The result WIS makes more money and the players create more intriguing leagues. WIN/WIN!    
1/11/2012 1:20 AM
Lets just keep bombarding them with this til they feel like they have to allow smaller NBA theme simleagues!
1/11/2012 8:58 AM
WOW, I was really shocked when I found these threads. I just signed up this week and joined two Basketball Leagues yesterday. I'm someone that would have 4 or 5 leagues going in each sport at all times, but from reading this, will probably spend my money elsewhere. I'm amazed that they set up a thread for "Suggestions", yet in over 6 weeks, you guys have not received one response. Even a "We will be looking into this" response would be nice to see. Like you guys said, they are throwing away a lot of Income. Too Bad  :(
1/29/2012 5:33 PM
If Seble responded within 6 weeks, the world would be ending. It's been MUCH longer.
1/29/2012 6:23 PM
I am in total aggrement. I started with WIS in 2004 on the football sim. Beside the fact that I think the basketball sim is far superior, I am amazed that this company has not exploded with customers. They have no competiion on the market. Growing up I used to play the old APBA football board game (can I get an amen?). Then I discovered WIS, I took a break from WIS a few times but always came back wondering why I left. Then I leave again because they never give you enough options like league size. Which is remarkable to me considering their exhibition leagues are of smaller size, so the software is certainly there. I do think 8 or 12 would be a bit small but easily 16 or greater would work. Hopefully they will listen before Call of Duty really sinks its teeth in me.
2/6/2012 9:55 PM
Then I realized that this forum was opened over a year ago and admin has not responded. Do they not read their own suggestions page?
2/6/2012 10:00 PM
Posted by onslaught on 2/6/2012 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Then I realized that this forum was opened over a year ago and admin has not responded. Do they not read their own suggestions page?
Welcome to the reality of the NBA SIM.  This was previously a pretty well maintained game, but for the last couple years, I think WIS has just waiting for all it's NBA SIM customers to get tired of their inaction so they can get rid of the game altogether.  If you can get any response at all, ever, you're doing better than the rest of us.
2/10/2012 1:36 PM
Bump.  Still a good idea that would increase theme league activity and be an easy money-maker for WIS.
6/26/2012 10:32 PM
Bump. Still a good idea that would increase theme league activity and be an easy money-maker for WIS.

I love the ear;y years (1951-1960) and it's impossible to pkay those.
2/8/2013 7:54 AM
I'm sure one of the 6 new software people WIS is hiring will address this issue . . . right after he!! freezes over.
2/11/2013 4:05 PM
Bump. 
6/24/2013 12:51 PM
and cue: yakkety sax
6/24/2013 1:57 PM
Bump.

(first posted on 12/8/10)
3/21/2014 4:54 PM
and cue: yakkety sax

(anyway there's like 3 other things more pressing that they'll never get to before this)
3/21/2014 10:08 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Variable league size Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.