Rosters and Rankings for Smith World Topic

Tournament Odds for Season 81: onedrive.live.com/redir
7/28/2015 8:41 PM
Stats for Season 81: onedrive.live.com/redir
8/4/2015 9:50 AM
Recruiting Budgets for Season 82 (excluding carry over): onedrive.live.com/redir
8/7/2015 9:32 AM
Posted by bullman17 on 8/7/2015 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Recruiting Budgets for Season 82 (excluding carry over): onedrive.live.com/redir
I don't know about this...seems like you're doing a lot of peoples' work for them, right???
8/14/2015 1:28 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/14/2015 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I don't know about this...seems like you're doing a lot of peoples' work for them, right???
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to share it or not.  
8/14/2015 9:03 PM
Rosters and Predictions for season 82: onedrive.live.com/redir
8/14/2015 9:04 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 8/14/2015 9:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/14/2015 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to share it or not.  
my first thought was the same, the second was that anybody who follows this thread was going to do that math anyway, so it was really just a timesaver! i'm willing to bet that 95% of people in this world don't know this is even here.

I'm looking forward to trying to best these numbers again (last season the prediction was 12 reg season wins, and we got 19). I don't know what the calculations really mean, but it does make me feel like I did an okay coaching job when I top them. it gives a nice extra twist to this world.
8/15/2015 9:13 AM (edited)
Just FYI on the predictions.  It pretty consistently gets within +/- 2 wins for about half the teams.  A difference of seven would be one of the top performances.  I have also found that the biggest differences usually come in circumstances like yours where the team is supposed to win half of their games or less.  Good coaching seems to make the most difference under those conditions.
8/15/2015 10:38 AM
I would think the other condition would be with really young teams that get heavy development during the season.
8/16/2015 6:41 PM
Yes, that is true.  Predictions are based on the ratings at the beginning of the season and young teams will improve more.  Tournament odds are based on ratings at the end of the season, so if you are curious how much teams have improved you can compare the ratings.
8/17/2015 6:11 PM
thanks for doing this each season
8/19/2015 4:04 AM
Haven't checked the thread and a few years...this is AWESOME!  And post the recruiting budgets.  That's fun to see for people who don't like doing the math in their head.  
9/1/2015 2:21 PM
I am looking for some input regarding the recruiting budgets.  If you would prefer that I not publish this information, let me know.  If you like having that information easily accessible to everyone, let me know that, too.  Each time I have published this data I have been unsure about whether I should do it or not.  I don't want to take away anyone's advantage that they earned by putting in extra time researching.  On the other hand, I don't always have a ton of time to figure out whether I should battle for a player or not and having this cheat sheet on hand has saved me some time.
9/3/2015 12:23 PM
Posted by jleo on 9/1/2015 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Haven't checked the thread and a few years...this is AWESOME!  And post the recruiting budgets.  That's fun to see for people who don't like doing the math in their head.  
Thanks jleo.  I will put you down as someone who wants to keep the recruiting budgets :)
9/3/2015 12:24 PM
I love the recruiting budget info.

And I seem to be killing it compared to my projections lol.  I think we are still overrated, I scheduled very very very good, I really have played an easy schedule with only 2 current rpi top 25 wins.
9/4/2015 3:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Rosters and Rankings for Smith World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.