Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

Colonels confuses the difference between sticking to your guns out of principle and finding every conceivable reason to be an aggressive contrarian who just reiterates the same points over and over while only responding to counterarguments by saying that the person making the point is trying to start something and/or that their points don't matter. We've all seen people bring up much more relevant complaints only to see colonels pretty much respond by posting something akin to sit down and shut up. But now that he feels somewhat slighted by an aspect of the game the sky is suddenly falling. And please stop with the whole thing where you act like someone with some special point of view to share that no one else can provide. You just come across as a aggressive contrarian with extreme tunnel vision. And by the way it comes across as pretty pretentious and childish when you reference that you don't care what people think of you by telling them to read a thread about how little you care.
12/27/2013 7:48 PM
If you actually read the Do You Care thread, you might understand what the premise is...
12/27/2013 7:53 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/27/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
If you actually read the Do You Care thread, you might understand what the premise is...
Entire contents of the "Do You Care" thread below...

12/23/2013 8:21 PM

colonels19

Block this user 
Add this user to favorites
Do you care about being the all-time winningest coach at a school?

Yes

32%
You voted on: 12/23/2013 8:58 PM
No

43%

Somewhat

24%

Votes: 37 
(Last vote received: 12/26/2013 6:35 PM)

12/23/2013 8:22 PM

colonels19

Block this user 
I just took back the first job I ever cared about, 41 seasons after I left, where I am still the all-time winningest coach...Armstrong Atlantic State in the Peach Belt in Tark...11 open ships, so I'm about to go Monet on this canvas...*** U, I've missed you!
12/24/2013 12:51 PM

kmasonbx1

Block this user 
Not so much about being the all-time winningest coach but the most succesful. So if no coach has ever won a championship at that school getting a title would accomplish that .If a coach has won a couple of titles, I would want to get more regardless if I end up with more wins.
12/27/2013 7:55 PM
I just took over 3 programs. One with 7, one with 8, one with 9 openings. You do not here me complaining. I turned Millsaps into a powerhouse in Knight. When I took them over originally there were 8 openings and had I known better way back when, there would have been 10. Stop thinking your way is the only way and telling a bunch of good, sensible coaches, who know this game and system far better than you, that they can't possibly be right. 
12/27/2013 7:59 PM
Wasn't the Do You Care thread just an opportunity for you to publicly badmouth a coach who took over a team you left?  That's the premise I got out of that thread.
12/27/2013 8:00 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/27/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):
You all are so out of touch and you're trying to tell me "how it is" and should be.  Take over a 10+ spot and get back to me...you'll realize it's trash.
Obviously it is trash.  Anytime you take over a team with 10+ open scholarships it is due to a lengthy Sim AI tenure, and it's going to be trash.  As someone said earlier, this is a situation that will occur exactly once in your tenure there.

Temper your expectations, then lose the temper.

12/27/2013 8:05 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 12/27/2013 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Wasn't the Do You Care thread just an opportunity for you to publicly badmouth a coach who took over a team you left?  That's the premise I got out of that thread.
Exhibit A...everyone spouting about **** that they have no clue about...
12/27/2013 8:12 PM
Posted by bpolesel on 12/27/2013 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/27/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):
You all are so out of touch and you're trying to tell me "how it is" and should be.  Take over a 10+ spot and get back to me...you'll realize it's trash.
Obviously it is trash.  Anytime you take over a team with 10+ open scholarships it is due to a lengthy Sim AI tenure, and it's going to be trash.  As someone said earlier, this is a situation that will occur exactly once in your tenure there.

Temper your expectations, then lose the temper.

Give me a fair shake/share and I'll gladly shut up.
12/27/2013 8:12 PM
Its painfully obvious he is just spouting/trolling when he can't and won't respond to those who challenge him with facts and enduring the same situation he has without complaint and with eventual success.
12/27/2013 8:16 PM
You too started at a disadvantage, good job climbing out of the grave after being forced to start with one foot in it...I'm serious.
12/27/2013 8:22 PM
Thanks thinair!
12/27/2013 8:33 PM
Posted by mjwilson on 12/27/2013 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Thanks thinair!
You only wish you made the $7 he did by helping me out.
12/27/2013 8:51 PM
once upon a time, there was a coach who took over a program with 10 openings.  It had never happened before in the history of HD.  It was a unique and unexpected experience.  It was different from all that had ever happened, unlike what any other coach had ever experienced. 
12/27/2013 9:15 PM
Fittingly enough, you're doing what you did in your first post here...don't lose your spots, leopard...
12/27/2013 9:16 PM
you do understand the sarcasm, eh?

but yes, 2005 - the dev chat is really interesting.  here's a link

http://www.whatifsports.com/devchat/devchat.asp?chatid=20

and if you look at the end of that dev chat someone even asked about the plight of a school with 10 openings

don't these changes significantly disadvantage a coach who took over a team that already had 10 sophmores on it?(combalt - Hall of Famer - 4:41 PM)

They'll have in essence two recruiting periods to prepare of the maximum budget. I'm sure it was the same for some schools when the NCAA introduced the 5/8 rule.

the dev chat refers to forum discussion - one would have to search way back to read that.....

12/27/2013 9:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.