Posted by bjschumacher on 10/19/2015 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 10/19/2015 6:21:00 PM (view original):
I've always understood the "Leaning...." emails to be gospel.
Only if it's the response to your scholarship offer.
Right - responses to the offer and follow ups if there is a status change. All other emails can safely be ignored.
10/19/2015 6:35 PM
This was in response to the scholarship offer. The cycle I offered playing time and a start, and that's it, I got 3 emails - one about the PT, one about the start, and one about the scholarship.

Hypnotoad, you may be onto something with your assumption that the effort doesn't count the same. Tonight, CS sent me a very cryptic email. Even though Iowa was leading ND before the human coach was removed, and for the next day after he was removed, and even though ND was out of money when the human coach was removed, and even though SIMAI "did not do any recruiting" or "put any effort into players," "in the end, Notre Dame put more effort into the player and signed him. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further details at this time." Why not?? Was the scholarship message that said I was leading sent to me in error? How is that possible? Can it happen again? Does this kind of thing happen all the time, but we would have no way of knowing about it because we never have a situation like this, where we have been assured that neither side has put forth more effort, but the recruit changes the way he is leaning? I believe esf confirmed earlier In the thread that he was trailing when he was removed from the team, otherwise I'd suggest that it's possible that BOTH teams got messages that they were leading.

I can't make heads or tails of this, and the fact that CS won't provide any details tells me it's either something like hypnotoad proposed, or CS knows they royally screwed this up, and God forbid they ever admit that, so they'd rather lose a customer than admit they completely botched the handling of this whole situation.
10/19/2015 11:16 PM
When I asked CS to confirm for me that my losing the recruit to ND had nothing to do with ND switching to SIMAI, they refused to confirm this. Trying to comfort me by saying that SIMAI made no recruiting effort, while simultaneously knowing that the reason the recruit signed with Notre Dame had everything to do with Notre Dame going SIM in the middle of signing cycles. They have known that my entire beef here has been that they botched this and completely changed the natural occurrence of recruiting by allowing the school to become SIMAI during the signing cycles. Rather than admit that this was wrong and shouldn't have happened, they've hid behind semantics, and have essentially lied to me from the start.
10/19/2015 11:49 PM
Interesting. Granted, my theory is reverse-engineered, but it seems a logical enough approach. In fact, the weighting could even be more nuanced where the weights increase as the recruiting period continues. If that's the case (where for the first 2 days effort is 1:1, then the next 2 days it's 1:2, then 1:3 etc) that could also explain why sims seems to be easier to shake earlier than later.
Regardless, if the program switched from 'human' to 'simai' mid-recruiting and simai effort is judged differently that would explain it.

10/20/2015 6:57 AM
unfortunately hawkfan, I am leaning towards either CS doesn't understand their own programming or they are trying to play a bad game of CYA. We know that SIM schools send out recruiting effort every cycle based on the number of recruits considering them (really basic formula like total effort for the cycle/# of recruits considering = effort per recruit; this is why sims get harder to knock off the later recruiting gets - as they lose other recruits, they focus more effort on the ones still considering them and they stop recruiting guys who aren't considering them anymore) and we know that SIM schools do not have a $(effort) cap like humans do and they don't incur distance penalties like humans do.

So what is more likely?
a) the programmers went into the program and turned off the normal SIM school recruiting action for ND, and only ND, after the coach had been removed
b) the SIM ran the programming like it does for every other SIM team and since ND was being considered by that recruit, the SIM allocated effort to him every cycle until he finally turned and signed in the same cycle

10/21/2015 10:36 AM
Posted by ddingo on 10/15/2015 11:51:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to summarize this thread.  There's a coach who got his clock cleaned because he fails to grasp basic game theory.

Ridiculous.
not for nothing, but .....ah F it, ur right i dont get it
10/22/2015 10:03 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 10/22/2015 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddingo on 10/15/2015 11:51:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to summarize this thread.  There's a coach who got his clock cleaned because he fails to grasp basic game theory.

Ridiculous.
not for nothing, but .....ah F it, ur right i dont get it
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499715
2/10/2017 2:09 PM
I can't comment on the other thread.

Did wis lock it to investigate?

Or am I high again?
2/10/2017 2:24 PM
Other thread does appear to be locked.
2/10/2017 2:26 PM
i reopened my support ticket from this thread in the hopes of contributing to bkdries thread. nice to know i wasnt crazy after all
2/10/2017 2:29 PM
Page 2 of this thread recites tiger's prior defense that he was basically mentoring akite. Worthwhile reading for anyone interested as we wait for events to unfold.
2/10/2017 2:34 PM
Wow...just wow...I love how people piled onto esf in this post. He might be owed an apology or two.
2/10/2017 3:09 PM
Since the other thread is locked, I'll post here. I'm at UNC in Leahy. Michigan ambushed a stud DB recruit that was 80 miles from me, 500 miles from Michigan on the cycle before signings and flipped him from green for me to Michigan leading in one cycle. I wrote it off to an elite having some extra money around and making a late play for an elite recruit, but it would sure as heck be a lot easier if he could use a second account significantly closer to NC to do some free scouting for him.
2/10/2017 4:30 PM
I too will post here since the other thread is locked. If tigerpark is guilty as charged there is a simple solution. tigerpark should have all of his W's taken away and any CC's and any NC's. He should also lose his Michigan job immediately. Just as Notre Dame could had its coach be sim for a season so can Michigan. Time for WIS to step up if this case is indeed a fact and cause others to consider that there are ramifications to cheating.
2/10/2017 7:30 PM
How ridiculous man. I mean I'm not a largely successful coach at this game but I definitely don't believe you need to cheat to have success. Smh.
2/10/2017 10:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.