Can a div 2 team beat out a div 1 sim team? Topic

Or will it cost me an arm and a leg? I only have one open schollie.
9/26/2016 8:01 PM
My div 2 team is a C+ and then sim div 1 team is a D. Also I don't have much advantage in preferences, but a slight one.
9/26/2016 8:20 PM
There is no simple answer to your question. Much like HD2.0, sims seem to recruit some recruits harder than others. The advantages for D1 over D2 are massive. However, if the sim isn't serious you can beat it. They make rather perfunctory efforts on some of the recruits. If the sim is serious about the recruit you hardly stand a chance unless you go all in from the start. It appears that sims might back off and switch their focus to another recruit it they perceive they are losing a battle. Good luck.

Edited to add that I doubt that "slight" preference advantage is enough to overcome the built in advantages that D1 enjoys over D2.
9/26/2016 8:52 PM (edited)
I say go for it. Get some ping pong balls in the lottery and maybe the computer will draw your name.
9/26/2016 9:02 PM
Well .. according to the Penn St. vs Regis thread, an A- Div-2 team can beat a D+ Div-1 team .. and everyone went bat **** crazy.
9/27/2016 10:50 AM
One example doesn't prove much, does it, out of who knows how many people who have tried. And it only happens if the D1 team lets it happen.
9/27/2016 1:41 PM
Can a div 2 team beat out a div 1 sim team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.