To make the game more strategic and fix a bit of the random that truly impacts recruiting and give an edge to luck instead of strat, why not make four preferences be definite.

Early = first two cycles of the first session.
End of the 1st : two last cycles of the first.
Whenever would be changed to early second session : three first cycles of the 2nd.
Late : Last day of the 2nd session.
3/30/2017 8:11 AM
How does this make the game better for 2/3 of the users?
3/30/2017 8:46 AM
I agree with Mike on this one. I think the signing preferences are good at the moment. Could other things be changed and adapted in the future heck yeah. Like the Job application process could be fixed because that is an issue at the moment for sure.
3/30/2017 8:51 AM
I too agree with Mike on this. Pretty good at this time. I think that firm / definite preferences will lead more to Poaching the the randomness does. Guys who look to poach, can always expect the unexpected now, and it forces them to pay more attention to the "big picture" instead of poaching select targets.
3/30/2017 9:05 AM
Bigger fish to fry than this.

Need more highly rated players as late signers. That's the change that's needed. The rest is fine.
3/30/2017 9:23 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/30/2017 9:23:00 AM (view original):

Need more highly rated players as late signers. That's the change that's needed. The rest is fine.
Agree with this.
3/30/2017 9:40 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/30/2017 8:11:00 AM (view original):
To make the game more strategic and fix a bit of the random that truly impacts recruiting and give an edge to luck instead of strat, why not make four preferences be definite.

Early = first two cycles of the first session.
End of the 1st : two last cycles of the first.
Whenever would be changed to early second session : three first cycles of the 2nd.
Late : Last day of the 2nd session.
No.
3/30/2017 10:49 AM
Ok. Still luck has an impact. If your player, a whenever signs right away, it helps retool your efforts. Anyways. Agreed, other stuff to fo before
3/30/2017 11:27 AM

Totally agree. I jumped back into the game at a D2 school in Iba and was able to begin recruiting starting with the second session. Not only were the pickings very slim but I was way too far behind everyone else as far as AP's were concerned and basically had little to no chance to sign most of the players who hadn't yet signed. No complaints, as it won't take long to get back up to speed anyway, but having even a few more decent players to comb through would be helpful.

Of course, my situation is probably not one that would occur that often anyway, especially due to the timing of when I rejoined but even looking at what was still available starting with the second session wasn't anything to write home about.

Just wondering something else as well, as I was looking through each world to try to find a team I liked, i noticed that there were a LOT of Sim coached teams. I know BillyG used to keep track of the populations in each world. Is he still around or has anyone compiled those numbers lately? Reason I ask is because it looks pretty sparse everywhere as far as human coaches go, or did I just not look in the right spots?
3/30/2017 11:36 AM
IBA D2 is 86.
3/30/2017 11:48 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/30/2017 11:36:00 AM (view original):

Totally agree. I jumped back into the game at a D2 school in Iba and was able to begin recruiting starting with the second session. Not only were the pickings very slim but I was way too far behind everyone else as far as AP's were concerned and basically had little to no chance to sign most of the players who hadn't yet signed. No complaints, as it won't take long to get back up to speed anyway, but having even a few more decent players to comb through would be helpful.

Of course, my situation is probably not one that would occur that often anyway, especially due to the timing of when I rejoined but even looking at what was still available starting with the second session wasn't anything to write home about.

Just wondering something else as well, as I was looking through each world to try to find a team I liked, i noticed that there were a LOT of Sim coached teams. I know BillyG used to keep track of the populations in each world. Is he still around or has anyone compiled those numbers lately? Reason I ask is because it looks pretty sparse everywhere as far as human coaches go, or did I just not look in the right spots?
You REJOINED a world that you left and was able to recruit 2nd session? I was not able to even though I reserved CAL (pac10) in wooden before the 1st session even started.

if so then we need an explanation from wis, I even sent them a ticket asking why not allow coaches rejoining worlds recruit 2nd session
3/30/2017 11:49 AM
If you take over a team in the job period, you get to recruit in 2nd session. If you're brand new to the world then you don't get to. Everyone on here with some sense agrees that it'd be better for new coaches to join during the job period. It'd reduce the dead time and you'd get to try out recruiting and build your team right away.

Discussed at length here

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=500466
3/30/2017 1:28 PM
Well, not everyone. There seems to be one holdout.
3/30/2017 1:30 PM
D3 IBA is 70 lol
3/30/2017 1:30 PM
Some people thing that "Everyone on here with some sense agrees that it'd be better for new coaches to join during the job period." However, some others who have thought it through more clearly aren't necessarily in agreement. Just to be clear.
3/30/2017 1:32 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.