This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
This is a real problem.

I took a D2 team in Rupp. It's not a good team which is no surprise. But the "problem" is that none of the players are "mine" and none will likely be around when I get the team turned around. Right now, I can't name a player on the team. I'm letting the SIM determine distribution before I really start gameplanning. Basically, I'm just waiting for recruiting.

Season 1 will not be interesting.

So, if the WifS gods are listening, users taking new teams need to be able to recruit a player or two for their first season. You need to get them "hooked". Part of the fun in Dynasty games is developing "your guys". In HBD, it takes about 3 seasons. I imagine you can do it less than 1 in HD since you could play "your guys" in the first season.

Without drastic changes, maybe just let any user taking a new team BEFORE recruiting session 2, actually recruit. I think it would make a world of difference. Even if the user suddenly realizes he recruited crap in his first season.

Make it happen, WifS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Says the guy, who has zero national tourney appearances and zero conference championships...
3/12/2017 7:01 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/12/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):
This is a real problem.

I took a D2 team in Rupp. It's not a good team which is no surprise. But the "problem" is that none of the players are "mine" and none will likely be around when I get the team turned around. Right now, I can't name a player on the team. I'm letting the SIM determine distribution before I really start gameplanning. Basically, I'm just waiting for recruiting.

So, if the WifS gods are listening, users taking new teams need to be able to recruit a player or two for their first season. You need to get them "hooked". Part of the fun in Dynasty games is developing "your guys". In HBD, it takes about 3 seasons. I imagine you can do it less than 1 in HD since you could play "your guys" in the first season.

Without drastic changes, maybe just let any user taking a new team BEFORE recruiting session 2, actually recruit. I think it would make a world of difference. Even if the user suddenly realizes he recruited crap in his first season.

Says the guy, who has zero national tourney appearances and zero conference championships...
What does that have to do with his post?
3/12/2017 7:08 PM
This is a real problem.

That has literally nothing to do with his point
3/12/2017 7:08 PM
CoachW is mentally challenged. It's best to ignore him. Responding to him only gets him to post nonsense again.
3/12/2017 7:09 PM
And, FWIW, he's not even accurate. I have 8 conference championships. From 2006. I haven't done crap in my three seasons since coming back.
3/12/2017 7:11 PM
This is a real problem.

Shut up Ward
3/12/2017 7:12 PM
This is a real problem.

I agree with everything you said. So I jumped back in to Knight world, figured I'd try my luck at D2 and the first season I didn't do anything. I didn't set game plans, distro etc. It was so unappealing that if I was a new user I don't think it could have kept my interest. I actually didn't even renew the team until the very last moment because I wasn't drawn in to the process of it all. Things start to feel like your own team once you get that recruiting between season 1 and 2. Though I am not thrilled with who I landed, its at least a starting point on rebuilding the team the way that I want to.

So to your original point, I am not shocked that this game loses users after season 1. Something should be tweaked, though it's an overhaul of the recruiting, so it's doubtful to ever occur.
3/12/2017 7:17 PM
Actually, in reading back what you wrote it is confusing. Look at my South Dakota team. I joined before recruiting second session and was able to recruit people, though not with the most selection. I cut players, gained AP through that method and tried to salvage.

The sim had signed people prior to me joining though. So once I was able to I cut them.
3/12/2017 7:25 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
And, FWIW, he's not even accurate. I have 8 conference championships. From 2006. I haven't done crap in my three seasons since coming back.
Can you source the account? All you do is ridicule me and claim sarcasm or I am misadvising people??? I don't believe you so called 8 conference championships when you say quote on quote. I hated the potential era so I quit and came back to division 1 welfare to not play division 1.
3/12/2017 7:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):
CoachW is mentally challenged. It's best to ignore him. Responding to him only gets him to post nonsense again.
You advising moderators to change something without knowledge off it or sources is a mental illness.
3/12/2017 7:21 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/12/2017 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Actually, in reading back what you wrote it is confusing. Look at my South Dakota team. I joined before recruiting second session and was able to recruit people, though not with the most selection. I cut players, gained AP through that method and tried to salvage.

The sim had signed people prior to me joining though. So once I was able to I cut them.
I qualified for D2 because of my experience in 2005 or 2006. I wasn't allowed to recruit in the second session. As I understand it, if I had been in D3 for a season, I could have jumped to D2 and recruited in RS2.

Essentially, I was treated like a new user due to the extended inactivity. I was a bit surprised I could even do D2.
3/12/2017 7:26 PM
That's weird, because if you notice with my account, I wasn't in Knight for a few seasons and then went back.

3 seasons of inactivity to be exact.

If people can't recruit then that explains people leaving after the initial season lol.
3/12/2017 7:31 PM (edited)
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/12/2017 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Can you source the account? All you do is ridicule me and claim sarcasm or I am misadvising people??? I don't believe you so called 8 conference championships when you say quote on quote. I hated the potential era so I quit and came back to division 1 welfare to not play division 1.
First, I don't ridicule you. I blocked you months ago because your posts are nonsense or, honestly, you really are mentally challenged. If that's correct, I apologize for even saying it. That's not right.

Second, all you have to do is click my username and HD. It shows you my # of seasons, record, conference championships and NT championships(0).

But, anyway, here:

Hoops Dynasty

Full Seasons: 29

Record
420-383 (0.523)
Conference Championships
National Championships
3/12/2017 7:30 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/12/2017 7:31:00 PM (view original):
That's weird, because if you notice with my account, I wasn't in Knight for a few seasons and then went back.

3 seasons of inactivity to be exact.

If people can't recruit then that explains people leaving after the initial season lol.
3 seasons is a lot less than 10-11 years. But that's not really the important part. New users do NOT get to recruit in the second session under any circumstances. That's the real point.
3/12/2017 7:32 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.