OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 8/20/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2017 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Don't know if yall saw it, but in the original announcement post Seble said none of the WIS staff are leaving Fox and he will be building a new staff.
If this is accurate, one of seble's first orders of business needs to be removing active teams from all the existing "Site Staff" accounts.

It's either a new era or it isn't.
Quote post by seble on 8/19/2017 3:00:00 PM:
To hit on a couple of things:

- tzentmeyer and the rest of the WIS crew is staying on at FOX.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
8/20/2017 4:47 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2017 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Don't know if yall saw it, but in the original announcement post Seble said none of the WIS staff are leaving Fox and he will be building a new staff.
If this is accurate, one of seble's first orders of business needs to be removing active teams from all the existing "Site Staff" accounts.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
Yeah, I've seen that. The issue is at least three site staff accounts -- including one that got caught cheating at GD recently and responded on the forums by telling the main victim to "get over it" -- still have active teams.

The appearance is the Fox guys with active site staff teams are still site staff.
8/20/2017 7:33 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/20/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2017 4:47:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, I've seen that. The issue is at least three site staff accounts -- including one that got caught cheating at GD recently and responded on the forums by telling the main victim to "get over it" -- still have active teams.

The appearance is the Fox guys with active site staff teams are still site staff.
Another staff cheating scandal at GD??!? I thought they were done with that $hit when whats-his-nuts was discovered to have artificially coded Notre Dame into a powerhouse program.
8/20/2017 7:50 PM
Good thing I quit playing GD.
8/20/2017 8:24 PM
what actually happened in GD?
8/21/2017 8:23 AM
glad seble is back, but probably too late to keep me playing beyond my credits.
8/21/2017 9:50 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/20/2017 9:33:00 AM (view original):
LOL. Of all the things that needs addressing, you worry over the forums.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of seble, or Sportshub, this a win for the userbase. FOX didn't care about this site. It was too small for their attention. That will change.
Low lying fruit that can improve the site without disrupting any game. Before I would make any actual game improvement, I would address the state of the forums. Yes. If you wouldn't, then you aren't thinking of this from WIS (seble's) standpoint.
8/21/2017 9:55 AM
Still LOL-y.

Alienating any user is poor business sense. But, yes, the forums could be improved. Worrying about volume or who's posting is nonsense. WHAT they're posting matters. I'd start in this thread. You have plenty of negativity about the change and seble himself. From "users" with no teams. Start there. Who cares is spud posted under his alias? Block him. Block me. This isn't a safe space for snowflakes. It's a somewhat public forum.
8/21/2017 11:17 AM
Ooooh, so now some are suggesting censorship?!
8/21/2017 11:28 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/21/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Ooooh, so now some are suggesting censorship?!
Welcome to Trump's Amerika.
8/21/2017 11:32 AM
rogleo seems to think users actually using the site is a bad thing. My guess is SportsHub might feel differently.
8/21/2017 11:35 AM
positive action to communicate with users and to make even small improvements (e.g, considering list fix) would improve tone and usefullness of forums, energize users in positive directions.
8/21/2017 11:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by fd343ny on 8/21/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
what actually happened in GD?
The thread is here.

The most obvious issue was site staff posting to multiple conference chats to sabotage a geographic rival"s recruiting. There were other accusations (e.g. site staffer answering tickets about his own individual behavior) that FoxWIS never addressed.

Site staff jumps into the thread near the bottom of page 2.
8/21/2017 12:00 PM
Posted by mamxet on 8/21/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
positive action to communicate with users and to make even small improvements (e.g, considering list fix) would improve tone and usefullness of forums, energize users in positive directions.
One should keep in mind that they didn't buy HD. They bought the whole deal. HD is not the only game where improvements are requested. Although, honestly, HD is the hotbed for complaints.
8/21/2017 12:02 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.