SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

i rem barranjoey
12/1/2018 4:18 AM

12/1/2018 4:27 AM
expanded plaques for pinofan - p1 and coled - p3.
12/1/2018 5:19 PM
Posted by dino27 on 12/1/2018 10:14:00 AM (view original):
ARomano - MIA

one of the pioneers...one of the first superstars who retired or left on top with his great prowess still intact.
he started up on 2 / 20 /2002 and left at the end of 2015......during his tenure he acquired 133 championships ( rank 6 ) in 201 finals...a lofty .661 % probably the highest %.
he went to the playoffs 516 times in 686 seasons.......he had a .568 winning % in the playoffs which appears to be a wis world record....he was the clutch mgr.
his user rating is 171,596 but would have been even higher if not for a few years of nagging injuries keeping him on the IR...as it is he is still ranked 19 in user rating.
interestingly he played in 59 exhibition seasons evidently learning player and ball park tendencies.
his last posting was on oct. 8, 2015 regarding a yogi berra league.....not a thread starter and relatively quiet in the forums was he.
in his final year of 2015 he had a championship in october/ november/ december..........his last championship team was called Paradise Lost....he was inclined to using sci fi references for his team titles.
He was without a doubt a wise man who did many wondrous things in wis. He is one of the most beloved owners in WIS history missed by many to this day.
Great stuff so far Dino, it is really good. You mention that Aromano playoff win% is a record. I never thought my regular season playoff win% was that amazing at .586. I am sure there are better regular season playoff win% out there. I do think that my TOC playoff% might be tops though. So a question is what is the best playoff win% in the regular season and TOC? I would love to see some numbers if anyone has some guesses.
12/2/2018 5:09 AM
thanks...far be it from me to talk numbers....your numbers are amazing.......i think when you get into the 500 or more seasons his percentages are at the top.
his regular season percentages are babe ruth......568 in 516 playoffs is incredible but the babe ruth number that sticks out to me is 133 champs in 201 tries.
ive looked at most of the top 20 in user rating and champs and his percentages are at the very top.
i was thinking about doing that a bit more studiously in the near future.
12/2/2018 9:47 AM
ive started to post an alphabetical list of members on page one.
12/2/2018 9:48 AM
Here is a link to WIS Title History, by owner. You can drop in any owner's username to see the distribution of titles they won, as well as looking at the history of titles won (either overall or by year)
12/4/2018 2:59 PM
mike...thank you...that was very generous of you.....
i am ranked 393 for championships....cool.
12/4/2018 3:18 PM
There are a few duplicates (some owners have been credited for titles with their entire username in lowercase, for some reason). I will try to remove these over time. There aren't many though so the rankings should be largely correct
12/4/2018 3:27 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 12/4/2018 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Here is a link to WIS Title History, by owner. You can drop in any owner's username to see the distribution of titles they won, as well as looking at the history of titles won (either overall or by year)
That's amazing. Thanks!!
12/4/2018 3:39 PM
ronthegenius played in the WIS Championship in 2004, 2005 (1st overall), 2009, 2010. You can find a post from him here.
12/4/2018 4:34 PM
thank you very much .
12/4/2018 8:42 PM
although he remains in the thread as an influential owner i have removed miket23 from the list......he did not exhibit the most basic character to be mentioned in the pantheon of the members so far entered into the hallowed halls of humble inductees.....
12/5/2018 12:45 PM (edited)
Name I'm surprised hasn't come up yet, dan6768. At the time of his retirement he easily had the most championships in SIM baseball. At one time, when you won a championship you got a t-shirt and (I think) a free team. Dan6768 won so many shirts that WIS started the reward points system.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think the first switch was to that you got 2 free teams, and then reward points came later. It's been a long time.
12/5/2018 2:03 PM (edited)
Jose can u c, Weena and Blue911 are among those I miss the most on the site. Ed(Weena) was absolutely hilarious. I would have paid double to be in any draft league with him. And it would be great to see SFord and Shaybee around here again...same for examinerebb, he ran some excellent leagues.

Dan6768 and A's_fan were very tough customers in any league...ditto for zackaryl.
12/5/2018 6:29 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.