BOOSTER SUPPORT LINK IS TOTAL BS WHY HAVE IT?????? Topic

As a newb I moved up, winning at III then II and started my first campaign in 1AA. Goal for me was 1A. The recruiting page offered booster gifts. Being a newb I assumed this was a perk of 1AA and made use of $1500 + a jersey to all recruits. Afrer recruiting BAM slapped for recruiting violation, suspensions, loss of 1 roster spot. I complained about this to Jholthaus who said it was in the forum notes about booster use. WHY HAVE IT IF YOU CANNOT USE IT KNOWING THE AI IS POLICING IT?? It gets better. I sucked it up, finished 11-5. Made playoffs. Had a great recruiting year. THEN GET HIT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER SUSPENSION FOR VIOLATIONS FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR - THIS TIME WITH A POST-SEASON BAN. That makes 2 years of penalties for 1 year of a recruiting faux pas not to mention the AI generated negative email vibes. I asked for my $$$ back for allowing this to happen. I'm a former Secret Service retiree. I DON'T BREAK RULES. I have 9 teams across 3 accounts. I WON'T BE BACK UNTIL THIS BS LOOPHOLE TRICKERY IS DISCONTINUED.
3/3/2024 6:40 PM
It seems you got caught because, as you put it, you impulsively "made use of $1500 + a jersey to all recruits." I'm sorry to see that. Boosters were never meant nor used as a broad-brush, throw-it-around-if-you-got-it type of thing. And you may not like it but Jholthus is right. Researching it even a little bit would have saved you this problem. For example, the AC scout report helps you know which guys it MIGHT work on.

It used to be a more regular feature of the game, a big reward/big risk thing. It may or may not still work if you use it judiciously and selectively, no more than one recruit in a given season, and not every season. I use it, rarely, and haven't been penalized, although to be honest I don't think I have benefitted, either. I cannot say for sure if it still works, but I'd bet my eye teeth someone is reading this and chuckling to himself. If that someone would care to PM me with a tip or two, I would be grateful.
3/3/2024 8:01 PM (edited)
Agree with DeBeque on the original, but getting hit with another penalty a whole offseason later is pathetic and I would ask for money back or to have the penalty revoked. Not to mention that booster gifts and who all knows what are actually legal in the real world now and newbies may just see it as part of that. Forums are a great source of knowledge but all newbies should not be expected to peruse them in great detail.
3/3/2024 8:50 PM
And I can say with near certainty - Booster Gifts WILL NOT be accepted under any circumstance at this point.

TwoBuckChuck wanted to do an experiment on effectiveness of Booster Gifts so I agreed to recruit for him with him gameplanning for Louisville in Hayes. For 5+ seasons, we offered a Booster Gift (sometimes more than 1) to every player considering Louisville. After the first time we got suspensions, we changed strategy to those that had wording that would make you think they may accept (or at least not turn you in). Not one recruit accepted it. The last hurrah was one session where we offered over 80 gifts to players considering Louisville, not considering Louisville, and players in lower divisions. Once again not a single gift was accepted. All in all we probably sent about 300-400 Gifts without 1 accepted.

After the experiment was completed I reported the findings to WiS stating that this should not be an option if it can ONLY produce a negative outcome and thare is no possible way to reap any benefit. There was obviously no action taken as a result.
3/3/2024 9:43 PM
I was ready to make some jokes about the ex-law enforcement professional/secret service agent not knowing the "law" and getting busted, but two seasons seems like overkill and the feature is clearly not working as intended and needs to either be fixed or disabled entirely.
3/4/2024 2:51 AM (edited)
Seems everyone agrees with the logic of - why keep it - it is of ZERO BENEFIT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON - and makes no sense to be a part of the game. I ASSUMED it was mimicking RL in all of the NFT BS ruining the NCAA today so figured it was WIS way of allowing for the laissez faire aspects of the increasing corruption of the NCAA. YES I SHOULD GET $$$ BACK. And as far as the booster risk being abundantly clear I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND THAT IN MY SEARCH. To top it off - as a paying member of GD and WIS - this is the types of AI emails I received. Just slapping me around the head FOR TWO CONSECTUVIE YEARS. JUST TOTAL BS USING TRICKERY LIKE THIS. IF ITS BROKE. FIX IT.

Just got a phone call from the WCAA - they've found 1 recruiting violation and placed us on 1 year probation. Of course you can appeal it, but the evidence is pretty rock solid. What were you thinking? Obviously you weren't. They're going to be watching us like hawks now.

I almost forgot the best part, not only are we on probation, but we also got hit with:

Carl Cameron suspended (4 days)
Lose 1 scholarship during probation period.
Banned from post-season play.

Vito Wiggins
President
Villanova University
3/5/2024 10:49 AM
SCRU U Vito.
3/5/2024 10:50 AM
Posted by johnalanharr on 3/3/2024 9:43:00 PM (view original):
And I can say with near certainty - Booster Gifts WILL NOT be accepted under any circumstance at this point.

TwoBuckChuck wanted to do an experiment on effectiveness of Booster Gifts so I agreed to recruit for him with him gameplanning for Louisville in Hayes. For 5+ seasons, we offered a Booster Gift (sometimes more than 1) to every player considering Louisville. After the first time we got suspensions, we changed strategy to those that had wording that would make you think they may accept (or at least not turn you in). Not one recruit accepted it. The last hurrah was one session where we offered over 80 gifts to players considering Louisville, not considering Louisville, and players in lower divisions. Once again not a single gift was accepted. All in all we probably sent about 300-400 Gifts without 1 accepted.

After the experiment was completed I reported the findings to WiS stating that this should not be an option if it can ONLY produce a negative outcome and thare is no possible way to reap any benefit. There was obviously no action taken as a result.

what he said

i think it's prolly jconte again, inserting some moralistic BS into the sim

while at the same time giving notre dame a extra +1 elite super advantage

what a bad word he was. i prefer the C word

you can substitute the bad word of your choice

signed, twobuckchuck's other half
3/5/2024 11:25 AM
I think you farm guys just mistook the grammer(that's wording not your mama's mama :). You probably used Rooster Gifts because you were too chicken to use the real thing :) (don't get your eggs in a boil. I "am" messing with you. :)
3/5/2024 11:38 AM
Er er Er er Errrrrrrrrr
3/5/2024 11:43 AM
Knew I could count on you Bag .
Just gave up an NC winner in d2 Wilkenson if you're interested.
3/5/2024 12:28 PM
3/5/2024 9:05 PM
They still have it because they don’t have anyone smart enough to write a new code to upgrade the game.
3/5/2024 11:54 PM
Its stupid, it does nothing positive for you, and it should be removed. Which is why its even more stupid to use it. You have to pretend to think there would be no negative consequences for using it. Its like the guy who keeps hitting you in the nuts while the ref isnt looking and then acting shocked when their victim finally hauls off and hits them.
3/7/2024 10:21 AM
BOOSTER SUPPORT LINK IS TOTAL BS WHY HAVE IT?????? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.