This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Errata

1] i quit ASU and when i get back on to see how ASU is doing, because airraiddevil took over, if i click on ASU / schedule / individual game then read the play-by-play, the play-by-play displays the ASU game plan -- in the sense that it displays the names of his plans and the times he uses them. for example: Offense New Wave Baby & Defense Base With Pass Happy Team @ 2:00 Min. i should not be able to see the names and times of some other guy's plans. BUG STILL THERE airraiddevil's second season and i can still read the names and times of his gameplans. when i log on as bagchucker or bagchucker3 i cannot. i was also at UCLA & WSU previously and i cannot read their gameplan names and times so not that big of a bug. Mar 2022 i took the Louisville job and now i can no longer read the ASU game plan.
3/27/2022 12:40 PM (edited)
booster gifts
  • you can boost an unlimited number of recruits, but you can only offer one boost per recruit. next cycle you will get a response in your inbox and a new little icon on the kid's playing card. there is no penalty for trying to boost a kid a second time but neither does it do you any good -- you get no feedback, you are just wasting time
  • the icon will have a red X in it if the kid refused the gift. what the icon looks like without a red X i do not know, since after a dozen seasons and maybe 60 boost attempts, not one kid so far has taken the bait
  • i do see kids turn from yellow to red to yellow again after boosting. seems like a glitch. kid turns red immediately, but next cycle back to yellow. no evidence a gift was accepted
  • we tried HC scouts to see if we could find dirtbags to boost. no luck so far. kid wanted escalades we thought, we gifted him a car, he said no anyway. kid was characterized as greedy and impatient, we gifted him, he said no anyway. there is some old anecdotal support in the forums for this approach
  • penalties have ranged from one player expelled and a couple suspended to none at all. suspended players do not improve during the four to six game suspension but if they were promised PT or starts neither do they threaten to quit the team. i am pretty sure every year you attempt a boost you will face an inquiry as long as at least one player you boosted signs with you
  • the one year we boosted most egregiously we got off scot-free. the one year we did not boost, because our reputation was down in the dumps and we feared we'd get fired, we did get investigated but we came up clean then too. it's kinda a crapshoot
  • boosting hurts your reputation. if you want to coach at an elite football school, a bad rep will screw you outta your dream job. we have been down in the D to F range and not got fired, so maybe reputation is not, despite all the irate phone calls from the AD, part of the firing logic. seen no evidence that a bad rep hurts recruiting (because kids know not to believe your boo shy). but that kinda thing is hard to nail down

year by year startin Hayes 154
  1. boosted two. neither kid accepted his gift. one signed. investigation: not guilty. reputation went from B- to B
  2. boosted one. did not accept. signed elsewhere. no investigation
  3. boosted one. did not accept. signed elsewhere. no investigation
  4. boosted two. did not accept. signed elsewhere. no investigation
  5. boosted 25 from AK & HI. sorted by rating (710-340): gave cars to the top five, $10k to the second five, on down the line. none accepted. boosted two or three we were really interested in. none accepted. signed one. investigation: guilty. 1 year probation, reputation drops from A+ to C-, signee suspended 3 games

and that concludes booster exploration. not one kid took a gift. those who said all along Don do it

were correct
2/24/2023 2:25 AM (edited)
12/8/2021 3:33 PM
12/8/2021 3:33 PM
12/8/2021 3:34 PM
12/8/2021 3:35 PM
12/8/2021 3:36 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.