Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Tell me more about the specific mechanics of a play you've never seen.
3/25/2014 4:04 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:02:00 PM (view original):
How could he NOT see it coming.  Hit him right under the eye. 

If you could read, you'd know I'm not arguing that I have better reaction time than professional athletes.  ****, burnsyluck, you quoted me saying EXACTLY that 5 minutes ago.   But I did say I, like most people are quite adept at not taking projectiles square in the face.    Why do you insist on stating something that I clearly denied moments ago?   Because you're badluckjr?  He does that a lot.
So you're arguing that you don't have a better reaction time than Miggy, but that you'd be able to react quicker than Miggy on that play.  OK, biz.
I'm arguing that I, like most people, can avoid getting hit in the face by projectiles we see coming 90 feet away.    What part of this is dumbfounding you?
3/25/2014 4:05 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Tell me more about the specific mechanics of a play you've never seen.
Hard hit groundball takes a late bad bounce.    Are you saying that only happens once?
3/25/2014 4:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:05:00 PM (view original):

If you could read, you'd know I'm not arguing that I have better reaction time than professional athletes.  ****, burnsyluck, you quoted me saying EXACTLY that 5 minutes ago.   But I did say I, like most people are quite adept at not taking projectiles square in the face.    Why do you insist on stating something that I clearly denied moments ago?   Because you're badluckjr?  He does that a lot.
So you're arguing that you don't have a better reaction time than Miggy, but that you'd be able to react quicker than Miggy on that play.  OK, biz.
I'm arguing that I, like most people, can avoid getting hit in the face by projectiles we see coming 90 feet away.    What part of this is dumbfounding you?
That you think you would have avoided that ground ball.  It's dumbfounding.  You'd be better at it than Miggy, one of the greatest professional MLB players of our generation.
3/25/2014 4:07 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:07:00 PM (view original):

That you think you would have avoided that ground ball.  It's dumbfounding.  You'd be better at it than Miggy, one of the greatest professional MLB players of our generation.

Don't know that I would have avoided.    Seriously doubt that I, or pretty much anyone else, would have taken it in the face.   People just don't get hit in the face by batted balls all that often.   Do you have some data that indicates they do, BLJR?

3/25/2014 4:09 PM
People don't bust their faces open catching pop-ups either.  I doubt that I would have in the same scenario as Jeter did.  Do you have some data that indicates they do, moron?
3/25/2014 4:11 PM
Here's a question.  Have you or your hero ever been hit in the face with a groundball?
3/25/2014 4:12 PM
The point of me comparing Jeter, is that sometimes odd things happen on a baseball field, and it doesn't mean that they're less talented when it happens.  Miggy had no chance of avoiding that ball, and to state that he should have avoided it, than normal people would have, is silly.
3/25/2014 4:12 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:11:00 PM (view original):
People don't bust their faces open catching pop-ups either.  I doubt that I would have in the same scenario as Jeter did.  Do you have some data that indicates they do, moron?

OHHH!!!!  Another badluck tactic.  Talk about something completely unrelated.

Dickheadjr.

3/25/2014 4:13 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:12:00 PM (view original):
The point of me comparing Jeter, is that sometimes odd things happen on a baseball field, and it doesn't mean that they're less talented when it happens.  Miggy had no chance of avoiding that ball, and to state that he should have avoided it, than normal people would have, is silly.
So that's the worst bad hop in the history of baseball?   Is that your argument, bljr?
3/25/2014 4:13 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:07:00 PM (view original):

This.
This.
This.

Thisthisthisthis.
3/25/2014 4:14 PM
BURNSY!!!!!!   YOUR HERO IS HERE!!!!   YAY!!   NOW YOU CAN JERK EACH OTHER'S **** WHEN YOU AGREE!!!!!
3/25/2014 4:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Here's a question.  Have you or your hero ever been hit in the face with a groundball?
Chin, yes.  I don't know who my "hero" is, so I don't know.

I've also never had a situation where a ball hit that hard at me, while playing as close to the batter as Miggy was, hit the ground in such a way where it came directly at my eye.  So it's irrelevant.
3/25/2014 4:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:11:00 PM (view original):

OHHH!!!!  Another badluck tactic.  Talk about something completely unrelated.

Dickheadjr.

It's not unrelated.  Two baseball players busted their faces open on a baseball field.  That's never happened to me.  Someone like you would argue that they're better keeping their faces safe than those guys.
3/25/2014 4:16 PM
Can you tell me again about how you're better at reacting to bad hops than professional baseball players? It amuses me. :)
3/25/2014 4:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57|58...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.