Time Lapse Reg: Full... DRAFTING!! Topic

The Time Lapse Regressive


How do you turn Derrek Lee into Lou Gehrig in 7 Seasons? Randy Johnson into Walter Johnson in 8 seasons?
I have no patience for Progressives. I know that many of you love them and I have tried to love them too. It seems to take forever to infuse new Eras of players into the league. I also love to do research and hate picking one of the 3 remaining SS none of which have enough PA's to get me through the season. This REgressive should give us an opportunity to play with a full roster and ROCKET through the history of baseball in 12 seasons instead of 125.

This league will draft by decade starting in 2009-2000. Every player that has a SIM SEASON in this decade is eligible. Each Season will regress another decade. There will be UNLIMITED Keepers. This is a 24 Team League with No AAA, DH, Clones, IR or DL. There will be no salary cap. The Salary Minimum will be 80mil.

This is a Multi Season League and is looking for owners willing to stay for awhile. I would like to try and make it to the 20's if possible. Finishing history would be great.

Season 1: When you sign up you will select a current city and a stadium used in that decade by your team. Teams will be aligned as close to real life as possible. The draft will be a 25 Round Forum Draft that will be serpentine. Players are exclusive. We will draft every 30 minutes from 10am- 10pm EST. The proxy system will be used.

Season 2: The Forum Draft will be a straight Draft 1-25, 1-25 for as many rounds as it takes to complete the draft. Draft order will be determined by Previous Season Record in reverse order. First tie breaker will be Number of consecutive seasons played, second will be Head to Head, third will be AWAY record from Previous Season.

Season 3 and beyond: Draft order will be determined by Previous TWO Seasons Record in reverse order.

Tanking: As the pool for player is deep there should be no excuse for tanking in this league. To keep us all honest (in the pending Babe Ruth years) you must win 40 games by game 120 to qualify for a top 5 pick.

Stadium Changes: When your team is Retracted by MLB (reverse expansion from MLB History ie: New York Mets) as team owner you will choose to move your team to a NEW city. You will select a new stadium from the remaining Stadiums of that decade not taken by existing franchises that have rights to them. If we run out of stadiums in a decade, you will use the Stadium from the previous Season. Future Stadium selection (Draft) will be on an as needed basis, draft order is based on the same criteria as the Player Draft.
6/19/2010 12:28 AM (edited)
NATIONAL LEAGUE

East
1. AKlopp: Philadelphia/ Citizen's Bank Park
2. beirnej1: Washington/ Nationals Park
3. brucel: New York/Shea Stadium
4. styles12345: Atlanta/ Turner Field

Central
1. papalon: Pittsburgh/Three Rivers
2. Staindman: St. Louis/ Busch Stadium
3. teverritt: Cincinatti/ Great American Ballpark
4. Giter_Dunn: Chicago/ Wrigley

West:
1. dodgers242: Los Angels/Dodgers Stadium
2. Tucker T's: San Francisco/ 3Com Park
3. razorclams: San Diego/ Petco
4. yatagon: Arizona/Chase Field

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East
1. elduro25: Boston/Fenway
2. hoopsrus: Baltimore/ Camden Yards
3. Bilfert: New York/ Yankees Stadium III
4. shaggyno0: Toronto/ Rogers Centre

Central
1. specsman: Minnesota/HH Humphrey Dome
2. jmc44: Cleveland/ Jacobs Field
3. tridentric: Kansas City/Kauffman Stadium
4. jpccr: Chicago/US Cellular Field

West:
1. fatboydad54: Seattle/SafeCo
2. willsauve: Oakland/Network Associates Coliseum
3. ShackAttack: Anaheim/Angels Stadium
4. grayfoxx: Texas/ Arlington Stadium

Sitemail: Bilfert; dodgers242; elduro25; papalon; hoopsrus; fatboydad54; Tucker T's; Staindman; AKlopp; teveritt; willsauve; specsman, jmc44; Giter_Dunn; beirnej1; tridentric; jpccr; shaggyno9; razorclams; brucel; ShackAttack; styles12345; yatagon; grayfoxx
7/20/2010 1:51 AM (edited)
Additional Notes/Questions Answered:

1. Trading of Draft picks will be allowed. The Commissioner will veto or call a vote on egregious trade offers.

2. I considered DH for the first 4 seasons. I decided against it as it would give the AL teams an advantage in stashing players that roll over a decade as the need for a bench would be lowered.

3. If we get far back I will consider retraction making the league smaller if that is what it takes to continue to get all the way through. I prefer not too as I think the 10 seasons will make the pool deep enough to draft 24 teams.

4. There will be no available player list for drafts. The 10 year pool makes it far to Vast. I have run many successful Forum Drafts.

5. This is a Non-Live League
6/24/2010 7:07 PM (edited)
I will pick my City/Stadium 10th.
6/12/2010 5:12 PM
Please feel free to ask questions or let me know if you think I missed something.
6/12/2010 5:15 PM
This sounds fun. Quick verification:

In the initial draft, we can pick anyone that played in this decade (and use any of those 10 seasons we want to). Then we have the option of keeping any of those players, as long as they played a season in the 90s. Everyone who is new this decade will be dropped after Season 1.

True stories?
6/12/2010 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elduro25 on 6/12/2010This sounds fun. Quick verification:

In the initial draft, we can pick anyone that played in this decade (and use any of those 10 seasons we want to). Then we have the option of keeping any of those players, as long as they played a season in the 90s. Everyone who is new this decade will be dropped after Season 1.

True stories?

Great elduro, I think it is good idea. And yes all your stories are true. Please pick your City/Stadium.
6/12/2010 6:33 PM
I'll play @ Fenway

Also, unless I'm reading it wrong, I think you need a different 3rd draft tiebreaker. If they have the same record, and same home record, then the away record won't help either.
6/12/2010 8:42 PM
I'll go with Dodgers Stadium
6/12/2010 10:46 PM
In with Pittsburgh, Three Rivers Stadium.
6/13/2010 12:25 AM
Thanks guys I have you down. I have updated elduro, I am a genius, thanks for pointing that out

6/13/2010 1:19 AM
I am in, and we'll take Baltimore Camden Yards to start us the 1st few seasons.
6/14/2010 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hoopsrus on 6/14/2010I am in, and we'll take Baltimore Camden Yards to start us the 1st few seasons.
Great! thanks hoopsrus.
6/14/2010 3:36 PM
I like this idea and I am a guy who sticks around.

My problem is I live on the west coast and drive a truck with NO internet or cell phone reception.

I work from 3:00 am - 3:00 pm PST and would have to do almost all my drafting by proxy. I am usually not even line until after 9:00 pm EST

I have tried it before and it is very hard to make adjustments if someone else takes your picks before you. A lot of work making up proxy lists and finding someone who is available to make your picks for you.

Put me down for Mariners/Safeco but I may change my mind when I wake up tomorrow.

FBD
6/15/2010 12:04 AM
Well FBD, I am always glad to have you. I am pretty good about being on and being able to proxy, I am on the West Coast as well. I understand that the research is the hard part.

Let me know what you decide.
6/15/2010 12:07 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Time Lapse Reg: Full... DRAFTING!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.