Time Lapse Reg: Full... DRAFTING!! Topic

I hope that this league does not stall.  Give it a read, I think it can be a really fun concept for those of you that love Progressives and multi-Season Leagues.  I am not asking for a 12 year commitment.  It would be great to get the ball rolling and see how far we can take it.
6/23/2010 4:53 PM
I'm in Bilfert, great idea.  I just hadn't had a chance to figure out my home team/stadium.  After careful consideration, including throwing ninja stars at the Map, I'll take Cincinatti.  Giving me GREAT AMERICA ballpark to start out with.
6/24/2010 12:35 PM
Posted by teveritt on 6/24/2010 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm in Bilfert, great idea.  I just hadn't had a chance to figure out my home team/stadium.  After careful consideration, including throwing ninja stars at the Map, I'll take Cincinatti.  Giving me GREAT AMERICA ballpark to start out with.
Great teveritt glad you are in.  I think will be a great league.  I am going to take New York and Yankees Stadium III.
6/24/2010 3:46 PM
Whats the LIVE min?

BTW, I'm in with the Oakland A's (will take the M's if Fatboy bails)
6/24/2010 4:01 PM
Posted by willsauve on 6/24/2010 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Whats the LIVE min?

BTW, I'm in with the Oakland A's (will take the M's if Fatboy bails)
Thanks willsauve.  This is a Non-Live League.  Which Oakland Stadium would you like?  You are next in line if the M's fall.
6/24/2010 7:02 PM
keep 'em comin'
6/24/2010 10:17 PM
MN Twins  Humphrey Metrodome
6/25/2010 5:01 PM
Cleveland Indians,gonna be tough to compete
6/25/2010 6:32 PM
Thanks guys I am headed to thr Yankees game and will update later. jmc, this is a draft league. You don't only get Indians. Cleveland is your home City an Stadium and all available players in the decade are in the pool.
6/25/2010 7:21 PM
I've not played progressive or keeper leagues, but this sounds interesting.  I'll try Chicago Cubs & Wrigley Field.

I have a couple of questions:

1) So we draft Season 1 players from 2009-2000 and then draft Season 2 players from 1999-1990, etc?

2) For keepers, do we use the same sim season chosen for each successive season?

3) Do we draft a player and then pick a year or draft player & year at the same time?


6/25/2010 11:05 PM
Posted by Giter_Dunn on 6/25/2010 11:05:00 PM (view original):
I've not played progressive or keeper leagues, but this sounds interesting.  I'll try Chicago Cubs & Wrigley Field.

I have a couple of questions:

1) So we draft Season 1 players from 2009-2000 and then draft Season 2 players from 1999-1990, etc?

2) For keepers, do we use the same sim season chosen for each successive season?

3) Do we draft a player and then pick a year or draft player & year at the same time?


Thanks for joining Giter_Dunn.

You draft a player eligible in the chosen decade ie: 2009-2000 you choose Barry Bonds.  When you draft your squad you take any season that falls between 2009-2000. ie: 2003 Barry Bonds.  At the end of the season you keep as many players from your team that qualify for 1999-1990. ie: Barry Bonds.  You select 1998 Barry Bonds to be on your team.  

I hope that clears it up.
6/26/2010 3:40 AM
Posted by jmc44 on 6/25/2010 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Cleveland Indians,gonna be tough to compete
Thanks jmc44.  So Cleveland is your city.  Please select any Satdium they played in 2009-2000.  Again the draft pool is all players all teams, not just Indian Players.  You can name you team anything coupled with Cleveland ie: The Cleveland Steamers.
6/26/2010 3:43 AM
We are on a roll now, 3 adds yesterday.  Have a look at the Theme, should be a great league.
6/26/2010 12:58 PM
Posted by Bilfert on 6/26/2010 3:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Giter_Dunn on 6/25/2010 11:05:00 PM (view original):
I've not played progressive or keeper leagues, but this sounds interesting.  I'll try Chicago Cubs & Wrigley Field.

I have a couple of questions:

1) So we draft Season 1 players from 2009-2000 and then draft Season 2 players from 1999-1990, etc?

2) For keepers, do we use the same sim season chosen for each successive season?

3) Do we draft a player and then pick a year or draft player & year at the same time?


Thanks for joining Giter_Dunn.

You draft a player eligible in the chosen decade ie: 2009-2000 you choose Barry Bonds.  When you draft your squad you take any season that falls between 2009-2000. ie: 2003 Barry Bonds.  At the end of the season you keep as many players from your team that qualify for 1999-1990. ie: Barry Bonds.  You select 1998 Barry Bonds to be on your team.  

I hope that clears it up.
So, for further clarification - - - you draft Bonds who still has remaining years in Season/Draft Year #2, you must keep Bonds or you can cut him?
6/28/2010 9:58 AM
Correct.  You can keep him or cut him, either way his 1990's year will be available to be used.  There is no blacklist.
6/28/2010 10:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Time Lapse Reg: Full... DRAFTING!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.