Man, this midwest bracket is ridiculous. Everyone seems to be riding Izzo, can't say I necessarily blame them. What are you buying? What are you selling?
3/17/2014 1:34 PM
Louisville got a screwed seed, should of been higher.  Florida will NOT win the NC.  Maryland belong in there somewhere.  LMFAO, just kidding.
3/17/2014 1:50 PM
Louisville and Michigan St might be two of the best #4 seeds ever? I honestly have not watched one florida game all year. I always tend to underestimate them. Why don't you think Florida will win it all?
3/17/2014 1:59 PM
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Louisville and Michigan St might be two of the best #4 seeds ever? I honestly have not watched one florida game all year. I always tend to underestimate them. Why don't you think Florida will win it all?
i agree with the FL comment. they are an exceptionally coached team who works very hard. to me, this allows them to make up for the fact that they aren't the best team, and if one of the dozen or so more talented teams plays a really good game vs them, i'm not sure florida can do anything about it. i think they are like some duke teams of old - they are excellent in terms of consistently performing at the top of their range, which makes them a very good and very consistent team. but in the NT you get a lot of teams' top performances, so i think these exceptionally disciplined hard working teams actually have a disadvantage in the NT, compared to their regular season. 

i agree with michigan st and louisville too... both have a great shot at winning the whole thing
3/17/2014 2:08 PM
Pick teams with lots of seniors and teams that are getting on a streak. Also grow some balls and pick upsets.
3/17/2014 3:05 PM
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Even though Billy D. has his championships Florida like any of the PAC-12 teams has a tendacy to choke when it matters.  SEC is down this year and there NC schedule wasn't the greatest.  Kansa loses in second round with there big man out!!!!
3/17/2014 3:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Man, this midwest bracket is ridiculous. Everyone seems to be riding Izzo, can't say I necessarily blame them. What are you buying? What are you selling?
Midwest sucks.  only 2 of the top 12 seeds won their conference tournament, and those 2 had pathetic SOS.  Only 1 of their teams is top 10 in RPI.  Manhattan sucks--only played one team in the field all year (and lost that game at home to a crappy 9 seed team).  I'd be much more scared to be in the South
3/17/2014 5:30 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/17/2014 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Midwest sucks.  only 2 of the top 12 seeds won their conference tournament, and those 2 had pathetic SOS.  Only 1 of their teams is top 10 in RPI.  Manhattan sucks--only played one team in the field all year (and lost that game at home to a crappy 9 seed team).  I'd be much more scared to be in the South
You're not the only one that thinks this but I disagree. When I look at only the top 4-5 teams in each region the midwest stands out. Talking about Manhattan is irrelevant in my eyes when they are going to lose their first game by twenty. 
3/17/2014 5:57 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Pick teams with lots of seniors and teams that are getting on a streak. Also grow some balls and pick upsets.
This is awful advice.
May I ask what ur strategy is?
3/17/2014 6:11 PM
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 5:57:00 PM (view original):
You're not the only one that thinks this but I disagree. When I look at only the top 4-5 teams in each region the midwest stands out. Talking about Manhattan is irrelevant in my eyes when they are going to lose their first game by twenty. 
I think the south is by far the toughest
3/17/2014 6:18 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 5:57:00 PM (view original):
I think the south is by far the toughest
How so? From 1 through 16? I just don't see how it's anywhere close to as top heavy. 
3/17/2014 6:54 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 3:05:00 PM (view original):
This is awful advice.
Actually ******* it's not. Senior laden teams especially guards have a higher % of wins than underclassmen teams. Research before u post. Picking right upsets helps u win, if you're in it for money. Get a clue
3/17/2014 7:06 PM
come on guys, lets stay civil :) this could be an interesting thread...
3/17/2014 8:08 PM
i always thought it was an interesting question, what format should be in place for bracket pools to reward picking upsets? just 1 point per team who advances, i don't think it really is enough, i feel like there should be some additional incentive, ideally based on the % chance of progressing by seed or something. that probably gets too complex, anyone familiar with a simple system that gets you most of the way there?
3/17/2014 8:09 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.