Iowa State is going to make a run at this thing. I think they have as strong a shot as any to win it all. Their coach is outstanding and his NBA knowledge coupled with now the talent he needs to run his gameplans. Lookout in a tourney where one loss sends you home. SMU not making it in is highway robbery, I don't like Larry Brown but that team should have made it.

Seling both Kansas and Arizona. Both of those teams are overrated. Buying the Shockers, they are still not getting respect which is crazy.
3/17/2014 9:09 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 8:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Who are ur guys upset picks? I'm liking Stephen F Austin to make a run, American to beat Wisconsin, and Mercer to pull off a win over Duke due to having an all senior line up. I have some more but those are the bigger ones.
You're crazy. 
People called me crazy when I picked Florida Gulf Coast last year too.
Pics or it didn't happen. To pick one of those wouldn't be crazy, but to pick all three is. You might have called FGC but you're bound to get the cinderella if you pick 10 of them. 
3/17/2014 9:16 PM
Duke has allowed fewer 3's than anyone in the country, which is often the case.

They are a terrible matchup for Mercer, which makes 8 3's a game.
3/17/2014 9:26 PM
College basketball this year has been full of upsets. I have 8 double digits seeds winning in round 2, which I think is a good amount. I don't know how u think that is a ton of upsets, but now I'm curious to hear ur upsets.
3/17/2014 9:29 PM
Average for the full tournament is about 20 of the 63 games. Lately most of those have been coming before the Final Four. Washington Post I think it was did a graphic to this effect and also laid out the history of each seed in each round (not the teams, just the seed history).

I haven't decided what my upset picks are going to be yet. The Iowa/Tennessee winner over UMass is likely to be one, though.
3/17/2014 9:33 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Average for the full tournament is about 20 of the 63 games. Lately most of those have been coming before the Final Four. Washington Post I think it was did a graphic to this effect and also laid out the history of each seed in each round (not the teams, just the seed history).

I haven't decided what my upset picks are going to be yet. The Iowa/Tennessee winner over UMass is likely to be one, though.
On bleacher report it was 10 upsets average in the 1st round including 9 over 8.
3/17/2014 9:38 PM
The A-10 was a little to respected this season. I will surprised if any of those guys back it out of the first weekend.
3/17/2014 9:51 PM
What is the ugliest match up. I think Syracuse vs Ohio St. Both teams can't score. That game will be in the 30s.
3/17/2014 9:55 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/17/2014 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Man, this midwest bracket is ridiculous. Everyone seems to be riding Izzo, can't say I necessarily blame them. What are you buying? What are you selling?
Midwest sucks.  only 2 of the top 12 seeds won their conference tournament, and those 2 had pathetic SOS.  Only 1 of their teams is top 10 in RPI.  Manhattan sucks--only played one team in the field all year (and lost that game at home to a crappy 9 seed team).  I'd be much more scared to be in the South
I've been looking for a listing of teams' records against the field. Do you know of one or do you juts happen to for some reason know what Manhattan's schedule looks like?
I don't know of a list.  Manhattan is irrelevant, yes, but was looking for teams that have a chance to make a run--or even win a game.  

I'm shocked the WIS simulator has Iowa as basically one of the best teams capable of making a deep run
3/17/2014 10:12 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/17/2014 9:55:00 PM (view original):
What is the ugliest match up. I think Syracuse vs Ohio St. Both teams can't score. That game will be in the 30s.

Wisconsin and American. Two grind it out teams doing battle, that will be an old school Big Ten like slug fest.

3/17/2014 10:20 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 9:38:00 PM (view original):

On bleacher report it was 10 upsets average in the 1st round including 9 over 8.
Probably about right. 8/9 and 7/10 are hardly upsets though. 
3/17/2014 10:34 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/17/2014 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/17/2014 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Man, this midwest bracket is ridiculous. Everyone seems to be riding Izzo, can't say I necessarily blame them. What are you buying? What are you selling?
Midwest sucks.  only 2 of the top 12 seeds won their conference tournament, and those 2 had pathetic SOS.  Only 1 of their teams is top 10 in RPI.  Manhattan sucks--only played one team in the field all year (and lost that game at home to a crappy 9 seed team).  I'd be much more scared to be in the South
I've been looking for a listing of teams' records against the field. Do you know of one or do you juts happen to for some reason know what Manhattan's schedule looks like?
I don't know of a list.  Manhattan is irrelevant, yes, but was looking for teams that have a chance to make a run--or even win a game.  

I'm shocked the WIS simulator has Iowa as basically one of the best teams capable of making a deep run
WIS simulator?
3/17/2014 10:34 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/17/2014 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 3/17/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Louisville and Michigan St might be two of the best #4 seeds ever? I honestly have not watched one florida game all year. I always tend to underestimate them. Why don't you think Florida will win it all?
i agree with the FL comment. they are an exceptionally coached team who works very hard. to me, this allows them to make up for the fact that they aren't the best team, and if one of the dozen or so more talented teams plays a really good game vs them, i'm not sure florida can do anything about it. i think they are like some duke teams of old - they are excellent in terms of consistently performing at the top of their range, which makes them a very good and very consistent team. but in the NT you get a lot of teams' top performances, so i think these exceptionally disciplined hard working teams actually have a disadvantage in the NT, compared to their regular season. 

i agree with michigan st and louisville too... both have a great shot at winning the whole thing
I'd sure love to hear this list of a dozen or so more talented teams than Florida. 

The Duke example is a pretty bad one also.
3/18/2014 3:00 AM (edited)
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/17/2014 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Who are ur guys upset picks? I'm liking Stephen F Austin to make a run, American to beat Wisconsin, and Mercer to pull off a win over Duke due to having an all senior line up. I have some more but those are the bigger ones.
Well, one outta three ain't bad (if you're an MLB hitter, that is.)
3/18/2014 2:52 AM

I like that possible upset too.
3/18/2014 2:53 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.