You say you want a revolution... Topic

Posted by moy23 on 10/11/2010 9:56:00 AM (view original):
As far as taking care of our poor, our sick, and our elderly....

It's not like we are not trying.... or at least throwing money that way.

US 2009 Federal, State, and Local Gov't Spending:

$764,400,000,000 in Healthcare
$406,900,000,000 in Welfare (includes unemployment)
$738,600,000,000 in Gov't Pensions

Now to put this in perspective: Again the same 2009 #s

$90,000,000,000 in Education
$84,300,000,000 in Transportation
$186,900,000,000 in interest from the deficit

The problem isn't how much we're spending, it's how it's getting spent.

We could absolutely provide better coverage and better service, for less money, than we do now. The system is a mess.
10/11/2010 10:06 AM
Posted by antonsirius on 10/11/2010 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 10/11/2010 9:56:00 AM (view original):
As far as taking care of our poor, our sick, and our elderly....

It's not like we are not trying.... or at least throwing money that way.

US 2009 Federal, State, and Local Gov't Spending:

$764,400,000,000 in Healthcare
$406,900,000,000 in Welfare (includes unemployment)
$738,600,000,000 in Gov't Pensions

Now to put this in perspective: Again the same 2009 #s

$90,000,000,000 in Education
$84,300,000,000 in Transportation
$186,900,000,000 in interest from the deficit

The problem isn't how much we're spending, it's how it's getting spent.

We could absolutely provide better coverage and better service, for less money, than we do now. The system is a mess.
completely agree. Thats why I posted this. It also goes to show how grossly negligent gov't is at running gov't funded programs.

Its SICKENING that education gets 90 bil when others like welfare get 400 bil. This truly angers me.

Edit.... hell, even the iraq war gets ~$120 bil a year compared to education.

10/11/2010 10:35 AM (edited)
dude I get that you are sickened, but I think you should be way more sickened by the fact that $764 billion was spent on healthcare and yet you dont have universal healthcare.  I would also be sickened by the fact that your "free market" government went all social on your collective a$$e$ by handing out well over 700 billion to your banks and car companies.  I would also be sickened by the Trillion dollars that is being spent on the Iraq cough OIL cough war.  Americans have much to be ****** about, its about time that you all came together and said enough is enough.  Then maybe the rest of the world would have some respect for America.
10/11/2010 10:34 AM
Posted by greeny9 on 10/11/2010 10:34:00 AM (view original):
dude I get that you are sickened, but I think you should be way more sickened by the fact that $764 billion was spent on healthcare and yet you dont have universal healthcare.  I would also be sickened by the fact that your "free market" government went all social on your collective a$$e$ by handing out well over 700 billion to your banks and car companies.  I would also be sickened by the Trillion dollars that is being spent on the Iraq cough OIL cough war.  Americans have much to be ****** about, its about time that you all came together and said enough is enough.  Then maybe the rest of the world would have some respect for America.
The day the "bailout" bill was passed I called my wife and told her that I have never been so disgusted to be an American. That bill had so much pork spending it was absurd and did absolutely nothing to bail us out. Don't forget that bill was passed with Bush in office and with both Obama and McCain support. Shame on them all.

I actually empathise with the tea party movement for the enough is enough with spending. That said - I despise the party's key leadership and their hard right social agenda.
10/11/2010 10:43 AM
Posted by moy23 on 10/11/2010 10:43:00 AM (view original):
The day the "bailout" bill was passed I called my wife and told her that I have never been so disgusted to be an American. That bill had so much pork spending it was absurd and did absolutely nothing to bail us out. Don't forget that bill was passed with Bush in office and with both Obama and McCain support. Shame on them all.

I actually empathise with the tea party movement for the enough is enough with spending. That said - I despise the party's key leadership and their hard right social agenda.
I am assuming you mean the Bank Bailout, which cost very little.

The Obama stimulus was the disaster. $1 trillion and very little results!
10/11/2010 1:56 PM
OMG swamp, you must not read what I post at all, because I had already posted that BUSH had signed into law the TARP 700 billion dollar fiasco.  sure Obama supported along with virtually all the other shmucks in the government, but it was indeed BUSH who signed it into law... dont believe me?  there is a little thing called the interweb that will get you the definative answer to that and many other great answers in life.  Do a bit of research before you speak, we might actually hear less of your bull$hit because half the things you say are completely wrong, and the other half is spin... outright spin.
10/11/2010 2:08 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/11/2010 1:56:00 PM (view original):

banging head on wall.... the bailout bill was over $700 million. They are ALL bad bills - the bailout, the jobs stimulus, HCR, etc.

swamp - argue the points - stop defending the party.
10/11/2010 2:13 PM
You said it... very little results, you do know that the vast majority of that money just went to several big banks, GM and Chrysler dont you?  Your best friends the big business community of America let you down yet again Swamp.  They took the money and gave their CEOs big bonuses to thank them for their ability to swindle even more from big brother/uncle sam.

When are these a-holes simply going to say "We have enough money lets share with the little people"  Im guessing never?
10/11/2010 2:16 PM
Posted by moy23 on 10/11/2010 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/11/2010 1:56:00 PM (view original):

banging head on wall.... the bailout bill was over $700 million. They are ALL bad bills - the bailout, the jobs stimulus, HCR, etc.

swamp - argue the points - stop defending the party.
The Tarp ended up costing us less than $100 billion. It was focused and had a specific non-partisan goal.

I agree the moral principle behind tarp was very wrong, but from a logistics standpoint it was a success.
10/11/2010 3:40 PM
Ginny Thomas: drunk when she made that call to Anita Hill, or trying to drum up extra donations for her Liberty Center fund?
10/20/2010 2:34 PM
Anita Hill: Drunk when she arranged to have the call reported  to the FBI or just trying to get back on television?
10/21/2010 12:16 AM
It kills me that the media is trying to make this out as some weird stalker call.

She was clearly 100% sincere and wanted to give her a chance to clear her conscience.
10/21/2010 12:17 AM
I have no idea what swamp just said, but I'm going to guess he blamed Hill for Thomas' actions, because he's a good little moronic stooge.
10/21/2010 12:34 AM
He might as well as said that, we all know that's what he meant.
10/21/2010 12:46 AM
Thomas made a call to Hill. A very polite call.

Hill arranged to have the call reported to the FBI and created a media frenzy.

This is a Hill created incident. She wanted this to get big.
10/21/2010 1:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15|16 Next ▸
You say you want a revolution... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.