Need one! 1970 RPL - St. Louis Topic

Posted by rbrch on 6/29/2014 5:05:00 PM (view original):
I would like in. Love this Idea!
awesome! glad to have you rbrch.  

The draft will be run in a private thread, the available players list is already available if you want to start prepping
6/29/2014 7:16 PM
Posted by kallison1 on 6/29/2014 10:35:00 AM (view original):
So during the 1st Draft, Is that when we all Claim our city and Team Name? Will that be in a seperate draft like in round 26? Any Draft Round? Or will it be in Reverse Order of the start of the Draft?  When???

Is there also a League Minum Win Floor all teams need to meet, to prevent any team from Tanking?

NO Draft Lottery for the Bad or Unlucky Teams???  

Just questions to Ask before we start the League.
Stadium is selected during the draft and can be selected with any pick.   

Minimum Win Floor is 40 games at end of season- failure to meet requirement will drop you to 6th pick.  

 the top 5 picks will be determined by percentage points above their expected win % between the 5 teams with the worst record. 

Expected win % explained -  The site gives you a rough "Expected win percentage" in the advanced settings of a league page.  The top 5 picks will be ordered based on the differential between their actual win % and expected win %.  A team that has an expected win % of .450 and wins at .400 will be -50.  A team that wins at a .350 win % with an expected win % at .300 will be a +50 and get the higher pick.  
6/29/2014 7:27 PM
OK, Right On... I can't wait for this Draft to Start... Using Rookie Years makes this a Totally Loaded Draft...
Awesome, This will Be Fun for Sure...
 

The 40 Game Win Floor is Great... Love It...

6/29/2014 7:49 PM
Hey ryno, my son phldpg and I will join he's in a couple of other progressives with me as well
6/30/2014 9:33 AM
Posted by flbarons on 6/30/2014 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Hey ryno, my son phldpg and I will join he's in a couple of other progressives with me as well
fantastic flbarons! Great to have you and your son.  
6/30/2014 11:43 AM
I am curious to know why you chose to also draft the retired players from 1968.
6/30/2014 1:05 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 6/30/2014 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I am curious to know why you chose to also draft the retired players from 1968.
I ran this idea before without the 68 players and we ended up being a little short on ip an pa for the first few years - and to make up for it we had to add extra aaa. This time i figured instead of using more aaa we could just add a few extra players.

Plus it didn't feel right leaving Mickey mantle out of a league like this :)
6/30/2014 1:43 PM
I agree about Mantle, but there are some other guys that *should* be in a league like this - how about retired guys from 66, 67 and 68?
6/30/2014 1:54 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 6/30/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):
I agree about Mantle, but there are some other guys that *should* be in a league like this - how about retired guys from 66, 67 and 68?
While I think it would be fun to add more superstars to the league, I think adding 2 more years of players would change the complexity of the league to much.  Adding 1968 players gives us 50+ extra players to choose from, while adding 1966-1968 would give almost 300 extra players to choose from, which I think is more than we need.  
6/30/2014 2:20 PM
Count me in
6/30/2014 7:19 PM
In
6/30/2014 10:18 PM
Posted by kallison1 on 6/29/2014 7:49:00 PM (view original):
OK, Right On... I can't wait for this Draft to Start... Using Rookie Years makes this a Totally Loaded Draft...
Awesome, This will Be Fun for Sure...
 

The 40 Game Win Floor is Great... Love It...

Is the 40 Game Win Floor through 120 game Mark or is it at the

End of the Regular Season???
6/30/2014 10:35 PM
EOS
6/30/2014 11:16 PM
Posted by elduro25 on 6/30/2014 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Count me in
welcome and glad to have you!
6/30/2014 11:20 PM
Posted by georgedeer on 6/30/2014 10:18:00 PM (view original):
In
great to have you georgedeer!
6/30/2014 11:21 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Need one! 1970 RPL - St. Louis Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.