Posted by homiealiens on 8/12/2010 7:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by drbernabo on 8/11/2010 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Questions: In subsequent drafts you do NOT get dibs on rookies for your franchise, right? And what happens, for example, if you pick the 1936 Yankees: what does that mean for DiMaggio and Gehrig given the 1925 and 1952 Yankees are already in the mix? Thanks.
Correct. You intial team is your core group of players. Going forward any available guy in your year is eligible to be drafted, but you don't get first dibs on players. Teams post their players in the owner forum and I compile a master list. You can take any guy who isn't on another team.
I just want to clarify this (to make sure that I understand it as well as everyone else)
The '25 Yankees already posted a keeper list which presumably includes Lou Gehrig. Thus the '36 Yankees would not have access to Gehrig since he's already on a list? Is that right?
Similarly, my team has Eddie Collins and Ty Cobb (both over the hill) so nobody else would be able to have them if they joined after I did.