3000 hit progressive/twist league needs 1 Topic

THE 3000 Tribute Progressive Twist league is entering its  4th season and the following players/teams are available

1906 Ty Cobb/twist rest of the tigers

1964 Yaz/ / twist the rest of the Redsox

1985 Ripken / twist the rest of the Orioles


Salary cap is 100 mil
there is a DH
No ww, no trades/ yes to minor leaguers.

Each season  you progress to the next year.

9/12/2010 8:16 PM (edited)
You may want to include Tony Gwynn and Ty Cobb, since they are also available off the original list--I forget the years though.

Also, after 3 seasons of the league it's clear the rules need a tweak to help competitive balance. I propose:
  • make AAA above average or way above average
  • allow trades, except for your 3000 hit guy, who could not be traded

I invite other owners to share their thoughts.

EDIT: OK, we're moving this discussion to the league forum. Join the league and you can participate, too...

8/29/2010 2:27 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
We'll take Aaron...
8/29/2010 4:58 PM
Welcome aboard
8/29/2010 8:23 PM
Ill take a '55 Mays please
8/30/2010 3:09 PM
 after 3 seasons of the league it's clear the rules need a tweak to help competitive balance


what seems to be wrong with the competetive balance??
8/31/2010 10:07 AM
Nothing that can't be easily fixed. And that's just my opinion. Some owners think everything is fine.

Join the league and you can participate in the discussion in our private forum.
8/31/2010 11:03 AM
Gotta get "in" the private forum first...
8/31/2010 2:18 PM
Posted by cleonjones on 8/30/2010 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Ill take a '55 Mays please
Welcome Cleon
8/31/2010 7:44 PM
Posted by dilligafdbp on 8/31/2010 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Gotta get "in" the private forum first...
Since the league isn't full and since I'm not the first commish, I currently cannot add you, dn can you get the following owners added to our forum, njbigwig,cleonjones,
and dilligafdbp.  Thanks
8/31/2010 8:01 PM
I'd like Tony Gwynn. Let me know where to sign up for this private forum. Thanks. 
9/1/2010 5:13 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 8/31/2010 10:07:00 AM (view original):
 after 3 seasons of the league it's clear the rules need a tweak to help competitive balance


what seems to be wrong with the competetive balance??
Nothing is wrong.  As I stated in the other forum, I don't think the goal of a progressive like this should be to ensure every team is competitive every year.  That's why it's progressive...like real life, some teams have down years and some have more down years than others. 
9/1/2010 5:58 PM
Posted by coachgreat1 on 9/1/2010 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I'd like Tony Gwynn. Let me know where to sign up for this private forum. Thanks. 
welcome aboard
9/1/2010 10:53 PM
12 Next ▸
3000 hit progressive/twist league needs 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.