New 1970 Progressive- filled !! Topic

I'll join up, if you'll have me.

8/20/2010 9:57 AM
Thanks for joining CharlieH-glad to have you.
8/20/2010 1:11 PM
I'll join also....
8/26/2010 6:10 PM
i am in
8/26/2010 8:08 PM
kallison1 & jeff4noles, thanks for joining. Brings us up to 11
8/26/2010 10:23 PM
Your going to put together a private forum for the league... correct?  He's also an idea... why dont you expand the rosters by 4 picks and use them for AAA Players, to be drafted by 1970 players only and at the conclusion of the draft, they could be used to help fatigued players... but could not be kept as keepers going to the next year, and the same thing in 1971 and so on. They also could be used in Trade purposes for future consideration.  This also will help in making the minum number of wins required by League rules... As commisioner, if you see people abusing the AAA Players, you could make the ruling of Dumping and they still wouldnt Draft before the #3 spot in the order of drafting.... This is an Idea I think you should consider... or make some kind of adminging to your league rules....
8/28/2010 10:27 AM
Posted by kallison1 on 8/28/2010 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Your going to put together a private forum for the league... correct?  He's also an idea... why dont you expand the rosters by 4 picks and use them for AAA Players, to be drafted by 1970 players only and at the conclusion of the draft, they could be used to help fatigued players... but could not be kept as keepers going to the next year, and the same thing in 1971 and so on. They also could be used in Trade purposes for future consideration.  This also will help in making the minum number of wins required by League rules... As commisioner, if you see people abusing the AAA Players, you could make the ruling of Dumping and they still wouldnt Draft before the #3 spot in the order of drafting.... This is an Idea I think you should consider... or make some kind of adminging to your league rules....
Yes, there will be a private forum. That is set up automatically after all teams are entered. In the interim, there will be a separate forum in the Theme League group which we will use for the draft. Once we get close to filling, I will ask for a vote on your proposal in the draft forum.
8/28/2010 11:01 AM
I would like to join.
9/1/2010 12:51 PM
Posted by socaldodgers on 9/1/2010 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I would like to join.
OK you are in. This league is taking a long time to fill- I may decide to go with 16 teams instead of 24. I will site mail everyone in a couple of days to see if that's ok before I do it.
9/1/2010 1:20 PM

Fine by me.  More talent to go around...and there's a lot of talent out there...

9/1/2010 3:45 PM
It is quiet in here.  Almost too quiet...
9/10/2010 8:13 PM
I'll bite and join.
9/11/2010 4:48 PM
We are glad to have the New Guy... We have been waiting awhile for this league to get going, but are excited about playing in this League... Now that the Commish has changed the League to 16 Teams, we are that much closer to starting the League... Yahoooo       
9/12/2010 6:00 PM (edited)
With a 16 team league the talent level will be good without approaching the level of an allstar league, so strategy, careful drafting and good management will be required-experience 1970's baseball !!
9/12/2010 8:36 PM
I'll take a team.
9/12/2010 11:56 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
New 1970 Progressive- filled !! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.