New Prog. needs 1 owner-filled !! Topic

OK wifflking, you have access to the private forum
10/29/2010 8:02 AM
Now that 12 others are in I'll select the 1942 St. Louis Cardinals
10/29/2010 9:09 AM
I'll join and take the 1969 Baltimore Orioles 


Freezers can only come from this '69 Orioles team or can they be from the other players you can select to help this team?
10/29/2010 10:12 PM (edited)
Posted by kallison1 on 10/29/2010 10:12:00 PM (view original):
I'll join and take the 1969 Baltimore Orioles 


Freezers can only come from this '69 Orioles team or can they be from the other players you can select to help this team?

Once drafted, any player on your team can be a future keeper. You will have access to the private forum momentarily.

10/30/2010 8:23 AM
Changed to a 16 team league.
11/1/2010 9:37 AM
Since the initial draft is random, is it going to be snake style?
11/1/2010 11:26 AM
Posted by coled on 11/1/2010 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Since the initial draft is random, is it going to be snake style?
Yes, we'll make it snake-style. Rules were amended to reflect this.
11/1/2010 11:54 AM (edited)
Posted by Kings_Kid on 11/1/2010 4:30:00 PM (view original):
I'll take the 1909 Detroit Tigers

several questions:
1) Do we have to keep our team names, or can I name my team the "1909 Detroit somethings" ... just keeping the city ?  It's no problem if I have to keep the Tigers name, though ... I just like to personalize team names.
2) I assume there's no cap?
3) And can I assume that we have to use the stadium that our team played in?

Welcome. In answer to your questions:

1. This was not covered in the league rules, but I will permit a different nickname, using the city (or state-i.e.Minnesota, Florida etc.).
2. There is no cap
3. Yes, you must use the stadium your team played in.
11/1/2010 4:42 PM
have been in contact about taking a 2nd team with the commish. gave it sometime for a new owner to take the last spot and have been given the go ahead to take a 2nd team. 1912 Boston Red Sox
11/2/2010 10:09 PM
Thanks to shawbigred for taking a 2nd team. Unfortunately Kings_Kid has decided to withdraw from the league so we still have an opening. If not filled by the end of the day on  Thursday I will take a 2nd team as well.
11/3/2010 7:27 AM
I've informed dspahlinger that I'd take a 2nd team as well.  I'll figure out which one I want and post in a little bit, so we should be full!
11/3/2010 9:18 AM
OK, I'm going with the '12 Giants.  Have to go to work right now, so I'll post keepers later
11/3/2010 2:56 PM
phillyphan91 became a no show so we have another opening.
11/15/2010 12:38 PM
I would like to run the Philly team
11/15/2010 7:54 PM
Posted by rejay on 11/15/2010 7:54:00 PM (view original):
I would like to run the Philly team
site mail sent to rejay
11/16/2010 7:25 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
New Prog. needs 1 owner-filled !! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.