WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

I was just reading another progressive league classified ad and read what I thought would be the case....WIS owner shawbigred is MIA in many WIS progressive leagues

in my time of playing WIS, I have never seen an owner with so many active teams (+40) disappear with no word

the last sitemail to shawbigred that I have opened is March 3rd...I wonder if anyone has one more recent than that

does anyone know what the situation may be with shawbigred?
3/15/2011 10:42 AM
He's in a progressive I'm running, too. I'll let you know if I hear from him.
3/15/2011 10:44 AM
March 3rd was last I heard from him also. I counted 75 active teams for him at one point.
3/15/2011 11:00 AM
Looks like he has 70  teams; it will be difficult to fill that many spots.
3/15/2011 12:41 PM
the last i talked with him was 2/14 -I know it sucks to think of all the teams that will be abandoned, but we also need to be understanding as well.   I hope and pray that RL just got in the way for a bit and that nothing serious has come happened to shaw.  I am having his teams in my league be run by other league owners, and will allow him to take them back if/when he returns without question.  


3/15/2011 12:56 PM
He is in a league of mine and had joined another progressive i run , but haven't heard from him since.
3/15/2011 5:27 PM
Posted by kasprowitz on 3/15/2011 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Looks like he has 70  teams; it will be difficult to fill that many spots.
70 teams. Seventy teams. S-e-v-e-n-t-y  T-e-a-m-s.

Godspeed you in your recovery, my good man. Maybe WiS will send a team of medical professionals to his home.Somebody at Fox Sports has been planning on a vacation home from shawbigred's passion for fake sports.
3/15/2011 7:47 PM
lets see... 6 pack 59.99 x 12 (72 teams) = $719.88 x 6 (every couple of months) = 4319.28 per year. which I think is the total income of 100 north korean employees. I made that up :)
3/22/2011 12:23 PM
shawbigred may be back soon-many leagues will be relieved
3/22/2011 6:10 PM
Posted by sjstapleton on 3/22/2011 6:10:00 PM (view original):
shawbigred may be back soon-many leagues will be relieved
And how do you know this?
3/22/2011 6:21 PM
one of the leagues I'm in had a mention of shaw making contact
3/22/2011 6:45 PM
What a joke. 70 teams & bailing is irresponsible. He joined a 2003 league I'm in & within a week, traded Greg Maddux, then traded Curt Schilling for Doug Davis straight up. Wasn't in the league 2 WEEKS before he left & his team is in shambles. If real life issues are the reason as suggested, he shouldn't have had that many teams which impact so many leagues. Him staying away would be the most prefered choice.
3/22/2011 9:15 PM
Posted by kasprowitz on 3/22/2011 9:15:00 PM (view original):
What a joke. 70 teams & bailing is irresponsible. He joined a 2003 league I'm in & within a week, traded Greg Maddux, then traded Curt Schilling for Doug Davis straight up. Wasn't in the league 2 WEEKS before he left & his team is in shambles. If real life issues are the reason as suggested, he shouldn't have had that many teams which impact so many leagues. Him staying away would be the most prefered choice.
I totally agree.In essence,he destroyed the league.I guess these trades were off season trades not subject to owners veto
3/23/2011 1:54 PM
Posted by kasprowitz on 3/22/2011 9:15:00 PM (view original):
What a joke. 70 teams & bailing is irresponsible. He joined a 2003 league I'm in & within a week, traded Greg Maddux, then traded Curt Schilling for Doug Davis straight up. Wasn't in the league 2 WEEKS before he left & his team is in shambles. If real life issues are the reason as suggested, he shouldn't have had that many teams which impact so many leagues. Him staying away would be the most prefered choice.
Close, but not entirely accurate, kaspro.

I believe you are speaking about the Real Life Progressive... and the trades you describe were made just before the All-Star break of the 2002 season. Shaw's team was not doing particularly well and rightly or wrongly, he opted to accept trade offers which included draft picks. My team acquired Curt Schilling and a 4th round pick in exchange for Paul Wilson and my 1st round pick in 2003.  Shaw then made a deal with a division rival to sending Greg Maddux and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Doug Davis and a 2nd round pick. (Just felt the need to clarify how the trades went down).

I don't believe that the Maddux/Davis deal was the best deal he could have found, but the deal was made and was open to veto by other owners. (I don't recall whether any vetos were cast -- there may have been)

Regardless, I do agree shaw has hurt the numerous leagues he has gone missing from; but do any of us know the reasons for the departure? I doubt it.

3/23/2011 6:55 PM
I hope the guy is alright, and as one (me) who spends too much (time and money) on this site, wish him the best
3/23/2011 7:18 PM
12345 Next ▸
WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.