WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

Posted by jeff4noles on 3/23/2011 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kasprowitz on 3/22/2011 9:15:00 PM (view original):
What a joke. 70 teams & bailing is irresponsible. He joined a 2003 league I'm in & within a week, traded Greg Maddux, then traded Curt Schilling for Doug Davis straight up. Wasn't in the league 2 WEEKS before he left & his team is in shambles. If real life issues are the reason as suggested, he shouldn't have had that many teams which impact so many leagues. Him staying away would be the most prefered choice.
I totally agree.In essence,he destroyed the league.I guess these trades were off season trades not subject to owners veto
those trades look pretty straight forward to me.  Maddux and schilling are both at the end of their careers in '03 and it looks like he got some future in return. 

Shaw has admitted many times at not being the best manager when it comes to winning, but he was always a good owner.  Always got his teams in on time, always made his picks on time, always helped us commissioners out when we had an opening in our leagues.  I am confident that if he is gone, that there is a reason. 

I, for one, have put his teams under "temporary ownership".  They will be run and maintained until shaw returns, at which point I would gladly welcome him back into my leagues with or without explanation. 
3/23/2011 8:23 PM
Maddux for Davis is a good deal ?? Maddux is at the end of his career ? Look at the #'s :
  
                                 Maddux                                        Davis
2003 :            219 inn/ 1.18 whip                 110 inn / 1.59 whip
2004 :            213 inn/ 1.18 whip                 209 inn / 1.31 whip
2005 :            225 inn/ 1.22 whip                 223 inn / 1.30  whip
2006 :            210 inn/  1.22 whip                204 inn/  1.51 whip
2007 :            196/ inn/ 1.24 whip                192 inn/  1.59 whip
2008 :             194 inn/ 1.21 whip                146 inn/  1.53 whip
2009 :               N/A                                          203 inn/ 1.50 whip

And the parties traded 2nd rd picks. Any guess which pick will be the higher? If Maddux is in decline, his numbers clearly out weigh any that Davis has to offer.  We were 1 vote short of vetoing this trade & Shaw's explanation was he took the 1st offer made.
Ryno, you may choose to defend this guy for whatever he's done in the past & your suggestion you would welcome him in your league is noble but a league is ONLY as good as it members. We all choose to spend our resources for the enjoyment that WIS has to offer & to have a clown like this dump 70 teams in the already bloated classifieds is irresponsible. If you truly believe that the trade as stated was a good deal, an even more noble gesture would be to take it over the team as it is one of his many teams that are available..
3/23/2011 10:15 PM (edited)
hmmmm....and to think, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the situation might be with shawbigred 
3/23/2011 10:40 PM
from 04-07 - depending on the park, and the teams needs, the pitchers aren't too far apart, nothing a better 2nd rounder can't even out.  Davis is also still playing, while Maddux is retired.    I am not saying its the best deal, or that I would have made the deal, but  I think it is a "fair" deal, and don't question shaw's integrity because of it.   
3/23/2011 11:51 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 3/23/2011 11:51:00 PM (view original):
from 04-07 - depending on the park, and the teams needs, the pitchers aren't too far apart, nothing a better 2nd rounder can't even out.  Davis is also still playing, while Maddux is retired.    I am not saying its the best deal, or that I would have made the deal, but  I think it is a "fair" deal, and don't question shaw's integrity because of it.   
My final thoughts on this matter : Through gm 67, Shaw's traded 2nd rd pick will be #1; the 2nd rd he acquired will be pick # 21. So it's Maddux & the 1st pick in the 2nd rd for Davis & the #21 in the 2nd
3/24/2011 12:02 PM
Posted by kasprowitz on 3/24/2011 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chargingryno on 3/23/2011 11:51:00 PM (view original):
from 04-07 - depending on the park, and the teams needs, the pitchers aren't too far apart, nothing a better 2nd rounder can't even out.  Davis is also still playing, while Maddux is retired.    I am not saying its the best deal, or that I would have made the deal, but  I think it is a "fair" deal, and don't question shaw's integrity because of it.   
My final thoughts on this matter : Through gm 67, Shaw's traded 2nd rd pick will be #1; the 2nd rd he acquired will be pick # 21. So it's Maddux & the 1st pick in the 2nd rd for Davis & the #21 in the 2nd
Forgive me for nitpicking... but these deals were done back in January and the 2003 draft has already been completed. You are not referring to the correct draft year.

The 2nd round of the 2003 draft resulted as follows:
2nd round - February 16th
1. Philadelphia (43-77) XXXXX - Nate Robertson P
2. Houston (shawbigred) via SF - Wayne Franklin P
3. Cleveland (46-74) XXXXX -  Jerome Williams P
4. San Francisco (XXXXXX) via Hou-  Marco Scutaro SS

So, in effect, Shaw got Davis and Franklin, for Maddux and Scutaro. I think SanFran got the better of the deal, but let's not mislead folks into thinking the draft is yet to come and let's be correct about the where the draft positions actually fell.

And, though I think this is of less concern, the deal I made with him (Schilling for my 1st) resulted in him acquiring prospect David Dejesus
3/24/2011 5:20 PM (edited)
the fact remains that Shaw is a total turd.
3/25/2011 12:12 PM
 Please note that views and opinions expressed in this thread do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the thread creator
3/25/2011 12:55 PM
Shaw is a Total Butthead for just disappearing without saying his good byes. I have No respect for the guy at all... He's a Total Loser...
3/26/2011 10:17 PM
Have you stopped to think that maybe he didn't have a chance to "say his goodbyes"? For all we know, the guy is dead.
3/26/2011 11:28 PM
Posted by papalon on 3/26/2011 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Have you stopped to think that maybe he didn't have a chance to "say his goodbyes"? For all we know, the guy is dead.
No, It was reported that he made a pick in Slickstick81's draft just a few days ago... so believe what you want... He's a slimeball...
3/27/2011 1:17 PM (edited)
We indeed have a 1979 draft ongoing in one of Slick's leagues but slick is picking for shaw's team. He's MIA there also.
3/27/2011 7:41 PM
Posted by kallison1 on 3/27/2011 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by papalon on 3/26/2011 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Have you stopped to think that maybe he didn't have a chance to "say his goodbyes"? For all we know, the guy is dead.
No, It was reported that he made a pick in Slickstick81's draft just a few days ago... so believe what you want... He's a slimeball...
it was reported, but not confirmed.  

To my knowledge, shaw hasn't been on the site in some time.  

3/30/2011 3:33 PM
this all makes me wonder if shaw ever really existed, of if we just all made him up
3/30/2011 8:24 PM
Goodbye Shawbigred
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your username
chorus
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to pitch to
When the top of the order was up
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a forum rookie
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did
Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
Simleague baseball created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you died
Oh the forums still hounded you
All the papers had to say
Was that Shaw was found in the nude
[repeat chorus]
Goodbye Shawbigred
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
Goodbye Shawbigred
From the young man in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something more than sexual
More than just our Simleague Champion
[repeat chorus]
3/30/2011 8:48 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.