Progressive SOX League (Dead) Topic


~ The Progressive SOX League ~  

I am looking to get a progressive style league going that only uses players that I remember watching from my childhood days as well as players that play today. I want to have all of the players available to use yet still keep each team from becoming loaded with All-Stars up and down the lineup. I don't care for leagues that have Free Agency since that usually takes away some control you have over your players. If I lose a player I want it to be because I Cut him or Traded him, not because someone else told me who I lose. With this league I think I have set it up to accomplish all of what I've mentioned above. Please take a look and if I've spark some interest give it a shot but only join if you are serious about staying for multiple seasons. Thank You!

League Concept:
A multi-season league using players from 1950 to present day with all of them being available at the same time.
All players will start with their rookie season and progress from there. Hank Aaron, Rod Carew,  Roberto Clemente, Johnny Bench playing with Chase Utley, Sammy Sosa, Derek Jeter, and Jose Bautista.

Initial Draft:
Draft will be divided up into decades giving us 6 different groups, the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000-09. You will draft 4 players from each group, 4 from the 50's, 4 from the 60's, 4 from the 70's, and so on... which means we will have a seperate 4 round draft for each group. A different random order will be drawn for the 1st round in each group. Then serpentine for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Your 25th pick will come from 2010. If the players from 2011 are eligible by the time this league starts they will be included with 2010. Order for that pick will be another random draw. Rookie seasons are used to determine who is eligible to draft from each decade.

Cuts/Keepers:
Due at the Transaction Deadline, (Game-120). Unlimited.

Subsequent Drafts:
Won/Loss records will be taken at 4 different times during the season, Game 40, 81, 120, and 162. The cumulative record of all 4 will be taken and then divided by 4 to get the record we'll use to determine draft order. It will be Worst/First to Best/Last. All players not in the league and all players being Cut are eligible. We'll also have an Add/Drop phase after the draft. Players just drafted cannot be Dropped in the Add/Drop. All players start with their rookie season when added via the Draft or in the Add/Drop phase. The Add/Drop phase is mainly to help teams get in under the Cap.

Trades:
Draft picks can be traded 1 season ahead. Normal veto process applies in all trades. Must post and confirm in the private league forum. Players acquired in a trade continue with the season they are at.

Injured Reserve:
There is no IR. If your player doesn't have the next season in progression you just advance to the next one they have.

Stadiums:
Pick your exclusive stadium upon signup. All are eligible. 1st-come/1st-serve. I'll select mine after 12 owners have signed on.

AAA:
Yes, 12/6 for the first season, 6/2 for seasons 2 and 3, then 0/2 for trade balancing only starting with season 4.
For the first 3 seasons you will draft your own AAA players using these guidelines: any Hitter that played before 1950 with a Salary less than $1 Million and any Pitcher that played before 1950 with a Salary less than $2 Million can be drafted for AAA. If you need AB's or IP's the first 3 seasons this is where you need to fill those needs as best as possible.

24 Team Standard WIS Format
Salary Cap: $100M or $110. Will vote before we start drafting.
WW: No
Clones: No
Live Play: No
Injuries: No
DH: Yes
Team Names: Anything, must have "SOX" in the name. (I've heard Red and White are popular)
Alignment: Random each season.

Owners List: bheid408; homiealiens; jeff4noles; tcorb5; bottomlee; greener88; kallison1; parking31; liambrady; mark102857; scottyboy4; AKlopp; 

Stadiums taken: Safeco, Fenway, Sportsmans Park, Crosley Field, Jack Murphy Stadium, Griffith Stadium, Yankee Stadium II, Shibe Park

9/11/2011 9:18 AM (edited)
Sounds like a good idea.  I would be interested in this league if it gets off the ground.  My team will be the Utica Blue Sox, park TBD.  Cap might be the only issue I see with the DH, might be a good $120M league-just my thought but sign me up!
8/9/2011 7:02 PM
i will join
8/9/2011 7:52 PM
Thanks homiealiens and jeff4noles. I originally thought of going with a $110 Million Cap. If enough owners who join want a little more Cap room, I'm willing to bend to $110M.
8/9/2011 10:14 PM
Im in
8/10/2011 2:57 PM
I'll give this a go.....Question though, what about players from the 40s who played in the 50's & 60's '??? Do they start at 1950, or are unusable?
8/11/2011 3:42 PM
They won't be used. To determine who can be in the league we'll use rookie seasons from 1950 to 2010.
8/11/2011 4:31 PM
I will join.  Do I understand correctly that the league will be very rookie-heavy the first few seasons?  I would like SAFECO Field.
8/17/2011 9:07 PM
oh yeah, and fenway park please
8/17/2011 10:00 PM
Posted by greener88 on 8/17/2011 9:07:00 PM (view original):
I will join.  Do I understand correctly that the league will be very rookie-heavy the first few seasons?  I would like SAFECO Field.
You are correct. Thus the reason for the extra AAA players the first 3 seasons.

Thanks for joining!
8/17/2011 10:58 PM
OK, I'll Play also... I will be KEVIN'S BLACK SOX and Give me Sportsman's Park.... and a Cap of $110Million is my Vote...
8/18/2011 11:17 PM (edited)
Thanks kallison1!   

Slowly getting there. Jump in, don't be afraid, Pujols verses Mantle, Maddux verses Koufax! All the players you remember and know, now facing each other without the deadballers dominating them into submission.
8/19/2011 8:48 AM
crosley Field for me
8/22/2011 1:14 PM
sounds like a great concept.  Count me in for San Diego's Jack Murphy Stadium - team name TBD.
8/23/2011 1:23 PM
Thanks parking31!

1/3 of the way there.  Who's next?
8/23/2011 2:09 PM
123 Next ▸
Progressive SOX League (Dead) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.