New Progressive Lg-Cartwright Prog 1885-full Topic

Alexander Joy Cartwright, Jr. Progressive League

Two 8 team leagues, 4 divisions(4 playoff teams-no wild card)
Due to the amount of players available to be drafted 2 separate drafts will be held, one for NL and one for AL
Draft order will be determined by random.org after 16 owners have signed up
For future drafts, draft order will be determined by previous seasons records with World Series teams choosing last. There will also be a lottery for 3 worst records for #1 pick in 1st round.

We will start with 1885 season

There will be no interleague play.

Trades are allowed but only within your league. Trading of draft picks only one year ahead, again only within your league.

No WW, DH

AAA will be 6/4 below average

Owners can select a city and ballpark from the list below. First come,first serve. I will pick mine when we have 8 to 10 signed up.






Alexander Joy Cartwright, Jr.
(April 17, 1820 – July 12, 1892) is one of several people sometimes referred to as a "father of baseball". Cartwright is thought to be the first person to draw a diagram of a diamond shaped baseball field, and the rules of the modern game are based on the Knickerbocker Rules believed to be developed by Cartwright and a committee from his club, the Knickerbocker Base Ball Club.[1] Cartwright was declared the inventor of the modern game of baseball by the 83rd United States Congress on June 3, 1953.[2] However, recent inquiry to the congressional records have not provided evidence of an official declaration by Congress.

Though Cartwright lived the bulk of his life in Honolulu, Hawaii, as a successful businessman and one who was greatly involved in community organizations in Honolulu, he is mostly known for his involvement with baseball, and subsequent induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1938.


Available Franchises (ball parks in bold have already been selected

NL East  Boston (South End Grounds III)-ctorkelson
                 Brooklyn (Washington Park III)-edsortails
                 New York (Polo Grounds IV)-jt111583
                 Philadelphia (Baker Bowl)-fillies

NL West  Cincinnati (League Park II)-9ookoloo
                  St. Louis (Robison Field)-dspahlinger
                  Chicago (West Side Grounds)-chargers242
                  Pittsburgh (Exposition Park)-chrisekeedei

AL East  Philadelphia (Philadelphia Baseball Grounds)-Boddicker
                Baltimore (Oriole Park IV)-derek2hof
                Washington (American League Park I)-szczubelek
                Honolulu (What If Sports Park)-bagchucker

AL West  Cleveland (National League Park II)-gigrant
                 Detroit (Bennett Park)-topkat
                 Milwaukee (Lloyd Street Grounds)-coled
                 Chicago (South Side Park)-mark102857

It is a long way ahead but I plan on expansion to 20 teams in 1901. WE can discuss how we want to accomplish that after we get started in private forum.

Any questions post here or sitemail me

Thanks!


11/16/2011 6:47 PM (edited)
Interested owners:

1.szczubelek (Washington-AL East)
2.Boddicker(Philadelphia-AL East)
3.dspahlinger(St. Louis-NL West)
4.edsortails (Brooklyn-NL East)
5.fillies(Philadelphia-NL East)
6.gigrant(Cleveland-AL West)
7.coled(Milwaukee-AL West)
8.bagchucker(Honolulu-AL East)
9.chargers242(Chicago-NL West)
10.9ookoloo(Cincinnati-NL West)
11.chrisekeedei(Pittsburgh-NL West)
12.topkat(Detroit-AL West)
13.mark102857(Chicago-AL West)
14.jt111583(New York-NL East)
15.derek2hof(Baltimore-AL East)
16.ctorkelson(Boston-NL East)

11/16/2011 6:49 PM (edited)
x
9/26/2011 7:15 AM
I'm in... long time,Steve...hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Put me down for a club in the AL East in Philadelphia at the old Baseball Grounds.
9/26/2011 1:44 PM
Hey Bob! Long time indeed.
Thanks for starting this off!
9/26/2011 5:47 PM
Are you going to allow trades(including draft picks) between leagues ? I think the answer should be no, otherwise you will end up with the same player twice in the same league.

If the answer is no, put me down for St. Louis in the NL West. I love starting in 1885-this would be my 3rd time & I also have an 1890's team in a BYOP.
9/27/2011 9:21 AM
I do want in, but can't quite decide on my franchise....I think I've narrowed it down to 3 choices, but I'm still not sure which direction I want to take
9/27/2011 6:10 PM
Though Cartwright lived the bulk of his life in Honolulu, Hawaii, as a successful businessman and one who was greatly involved in community organizations in Honolulu, he is mostly known for his involvement with baseball, and subsequent induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1938.
i want evidence of his birth certificate - before i think about joining 
9/27/2011 7:36 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 9/27/2011 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Are you going to allow trades(including draft picks) between leagues ? I think the answer should be no, otherwise you will end up with the same player twice in the same league.

If the answer is no, put me down for St. Louis in the NL West. I love starting in 1885-this would be my 3rd time & I also have an 1890's team in a BYOP.
Yes no trading between leagues-only time like players could play against each other would be World Series

Thanks for playing!
9/27/2011 7:52 PM
Posted by urlglory on 9/27/2011 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Though Cartwright lived the bulk of his life in Honolulu, Hawaii, as a successful businessman and one who was greatly involved in community organizations in Honolulu, he is mostly known for his involvement with baseball, and subsequent induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1938.
i want evidence of his birth certificate - before i think about joining 
good stuff.
We will have to get Donald Trump on it right away
9/27/2011 7:53 PM
I guess I'll go with Brooklyn, although I'm not really excited about moving West down the line...I kind of want to stay in one location for the duration.....but none of the available franchises that do that are ones I feel like taking either....
9/27/2011 8:19 PM
Who's next???
10/1/2011 9:34 PM
I'll take Philly and the baker bowl band box
10/5/2011 7:36 PM
i'll take the cleveland franchise.  why not?
10/6/2011 12:22 AM
Thanks for playing fillies and gigrant!
Let's get some more in here!
10/6/2011 7:23 PM
12345 Next ▸
New Progressive Lg-Cartwright Prog 1885-full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.