Need 1 for 1977 Progressive-filled !! Topic

2 owners needed for a progressive which started in 1970 and will be entering it's 8th season (1977). Both teams are located in the NL East. The league is a single season progressive, no WW or AAA, DH in AL only.

The season ends on February 6. we are currently posting keepers, so the new owners will need to review the rosters and post keepers as soon as possible.

Rosters for the 2 available teams are shown below. Interested owners will be given temporary access to the league's private forum which contains full league rules and other information.
1/29/2012 8:28 AM
The first available team is The Cincy Machine (name can be changed by the new owner but should include Cincinnati). The team has had the same owner for all 7 seasons, won the initial (1970) World Series and looks like it will finish 2nd in the division for the 3rd season in a row. The current record is 66-67. The team's roster for 1977 follows:

C   Steve Swisher, Ed Hermann, Jose Morales
1B Cecil Cooper, Richie Hebner, Bob Bailey
2B Felix Millan
3B Jerry Terrell
SS Robin Yount
OF George Foster, Ken Griffey Sr., Ralph Garr
      Jose Cardenal, Lou Piniella
P    Dave Goltz, Nolan Ryan, Wayne Garland
      Pat Zachry, Jon Matlack, Tom Underwood
      Doug Bird, Bruce Sutter, Kent Tekulve, Dave Tomlin

IR 2B Tim Johnson (probably should be cut)

Note 2B and 3B are weak spots on this team. The team should remain competitive and a couple of good draft picks could make it a contender.
1/29/2012 8:45 AM
The second available team is the New York Groove (name can be changed by the new owner but should include New York). The team has had the same owner for all 7 seasons, won the division title in 1975 but has fallen on hard times. The current record is 51-82. The team will probably draft either 2nd or 3rd for the 1977 draft The team's roster for 1977 follows:

C   Jerry Grote, Dale Murphy
1B Jim Spencer, Dick Allen
2B Denny Doyle
3B Larry Parrish, Roy Howell
SS Larry Bowa
OF Dusty Baker, Reggie Jackson, Don Baylor, Lee Lacy
DH Oscar Gamble
P   J.R. Richard, Ken Holtzman, Jim Kaat
     Dock Ellis, John Denny, Larry Dierker
     Don Gullett, Dick Bosman, Mike Caldwell, Bill Lee

IR OF Gorman Thomas

Retired C Bill Freehan

Note-the team needs a regular Catcher and an additional OF for 1977.

The team will need rebuilding but will have high draft picks.

This team has been taken
1/29/2012 3:14 PM (edited)
I'll take the NY team if they are available. I sitemailed you a question I had. I can have my keepers posted tomorrow
1/29/2012 3:06 PM
Posted by byeags25 on 1/29/2012 3:06:00 PM (view original):
I'll take the NY team if they are available. I sitemailed you a question I had. I can have my keepers posted tomorrow
Site mailed the answer to your question and gave you access to the private forum. The NY team is yours.

1/29/2012 3:15 PM
I don't see the private forum in my list of available forums
1/29/2012 3:24 PM
I'd be interested in taking over the Cincinnati team.
1/29/2012 6:50 PM
Posted by brm_fan on 1/29/2012 6:50:00 PM (view original):
I'd be interested in taking over the Cincinnati team.
OK brm_fan,I'll give you access to the private forum. Please post keepers as soon as you can-I will be preparing the available player lists as soon as all keepers are in. Thanks for joining and good luck !
1/29/2012 8:32 PM
Posted by byeags25 on 1/29/2012 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I don't see the private forum in my list of available forums
Ypu should see it now.
1/29/2012 8:32 PM
I have it.  Keepers will be in momentarily
1/29/2012 9:32 PM
Need 1 for 1977 Progressive-filled !! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.