Need 1 for OTAT Prog. 1911 season-filled !! Topic

The OTAT is a progressive that started with the 1901 season and moves forward one season at a time. We are about to start the 1911 season.  Selected All Timers were added to the rookie class each season from 1901-1910. The All Timers started with their WIS rookie season as well. As All Timers added ahead of their real life season "retire", i.e. complete the number of actual seasons they played, they will be eligible to be drafted again when their real life initial WISseason arrives. For example, Ted Lyons first WIS eligible year was 1924. He was added to the league eligible database for the 1904 season. He will be eligible again for the 1924 season when that arrives. In the case where a player played more than 20 years, he will be considered to have retired the season before his real life rookie season (Lyons pitched one year past that point but was not a significant factor). This rule will first come into play for the 1921 season. 

The 1910 season was the last season in which all time stars were added. Beginning in 1911, only players whose WIS rookie season was 1911 will be added.

The team available is the 1911 Cincinnati Reds. Their current record is 80-71 with 4 days left in the season. Their roster for the 1911 season follows: This team has been taken. See below for the available team (Philadelphia Athletics).

C   Roy Campanella 1951, Bob Boone 1981
1B Keith Hernandez 1981
2B Eddie Collins 1911, Bobby Avila 1951
3B George Brett 1981, Dick Allen 1971
SS Luke Appling 1941, Tony Fernandez 1991
OF Dale Murphy 1981, Andre Dawson 1981, Kirby Puckett 1991
      Reggie Jackson 1971, Ken Griffey, Jr. 1991, Devon White 1991
P    Walter Johnson 1911, Steve Carlton 1971, Roger Clemens 1991
      Greg Maddux 1991, Lon Warneke 1941, Mark Langston 1991
      Jeff Reardon 1981, Dan Quisenberry 1981, Luis Tiant 1971.

The new owner will need to post keepers for the team promptly as the season will be over in 4 days. I will give any interested owners temporary access to the league's private forum. I reserve the right to review credentials of prospective owners before awarding the team.


IR P Curt Simmons
2/2/2012 10:06 AM (edited)
I'll take that team
1/29/2012 10:15 AM
By the way, there's only 24 players listed.  Is there someone missing?
1/29/2012 10:46 AM
Posted by coled on 1/29/2012 10:46:00 AM (view original):
By the way, there's only 24 players listed.  Is there someone missing?
Thanks for the catch, coled-Curt Simmons is IR, I added him.
1/29/2012 8:40 PM
This is a good team with potential to compete for a division title !!
1/30/2012 8:17 AM
I already said I would take it Dave.  But I'll take the free season anyway :-)
1/30/2012 9:00 AM
Posted by coled on 1/30/2012 9:00:00 AM (view original):
I already said I would take it Dave.  But I'll take the free season anyway :-)
Dang- I am an idiot who doesn't read -ok you get a free season for 1912
1/30/2012 3:03 PM
We have an additional opening as an owner did not post keepers nor respond to site mails.

The team is the Philadelphia Athletics. Although the team finished with the worst record in the league, it is poised for a turnaround. The pitching staff includes Ed Walsh with a great pitching staff. Ed Walsh with a great 1911 season heads the staff which includes Don Sutton and Sandy Koufax just entering their primes. The hitting includes great seasons by Harmon Killebrew and Ralph Kiner.

I have posted keepers for the team so that an available player list can be posted which will occur in the next couple of days. Modifications to the keeper list can be made until the draft starts which will probably be next Monday 2/6. The team will have a high draft pick in round 1 and will pick 1st in all subsequent rounds.

The keeper list which I have posted is shown below:

Philadelphia Athletics

Keepers (21):
C   Elston Howard 1961, Ted Simmons 1971
1B Harmon Killebrew 1961, Andres Galarraga 1991
2B Rod Carew 1971
3B Frank Baker 1911, Larry Gardner 1911, Robin Ventura 1991
SS Alvin Dark 1951
OF Frank Howard 1961, Jackie Jensen 1951, Ralph Kiner 1951
     Andy Pafko 1951, Jim Rice 1981
P   Ed Walsh 1911, Don Sutton 1971, Sandy Koufax 1961
     Mike Cuellar1971, Jim Kaat 1961, Curt Davis 1941, Randy Johnson 1991  

IR (1):
SS Bobby Grich 1971

Cut (3):
OF Hack Wilson 1931
P   Charlie Smith 1911, Frank Smith 1911

Need 4 Draft Picks

I will give interested owners access to our private forum where the available player list will be posted today or tomorrow.
2/2/2012 10:05 AM
I'll take the Athletics
2/3/2012 12:40 PM
From:
byeags25
To:
dspahlinger
Received:
2/3/2012 11:01:00 AM
Subject:
RE: OTAT 1911 Progressive
Message:
I was actually just reading about that one. So If I am understanding it correctly, the available players going forward will just be players in their rookie year (from 1911 on since no all timers are being added)? For the all timers, you just progress 1 season at a time (ie Koufax would be 61 this upcoming season, then 62, 63, 64 etc down the road until he retires)? I would have Don Sutton until the end of the 1928 season (his 1988 season) if I chose? I am trying to understand how the all time guys fit in since it is a little different than the standard year to year progs.

I think I have the time to take them on. I have some outstanding theme leagues and a theme tournament running out, which is why I made the move to progs anyway. This would give me 7 moving forward and I think that is a manageable number based on my schedule. The only hiccup will be in the beginning of May when I am going to Mexico for my wedding/honeymoon. I don't think the wife to be will be ok with me checking drafts and stats while we are down there, assuming we even have internet access. I am hoping the commissioners can work with me with regards to the draft or at least handle proxies for me during that week if needed.

All that being said, I will take the team. Just let me know if I am understanding how the all timers work. It seems like going forward is just year to year from 1911 on (at least for draft purposes) and I can manage the all time guys until they retire I think. It will just take a little adjusting on my end since I am so used to the year to year
2/3/2012 12:55 PM
Posted by brm_fan on 2/3/2012 12:40:00 PM (view original):
I'll take the Athletics
Thanks very much for your interest. byeags25 had replied to my site mail at 11:01 AM and agreed to take the team and I had accepted his offer since it was prior to your post.

Incidentally I had offered the team only to the 2 of you since you were new members in one of my leagues.
2/3/2012 1:04 PM (edited)
Need 1 for OTAT Prog. 1911 season-filled !! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.