Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Nothing is going to "work".   So I guess doing nothing is best.
5/13/2015 2:24 PM
DRONES ARE AN ACT OF GOD, LIKE LIGHTNING
5/13/2015 2:24 PM
Anyone who claims that American isolationism didn't contribute significantly to the plans/initial success of Hitler is delusional.

We were very vocal in our refusal to get involved, and likely would never have done so, until Japan's dumbass bombed Hawai'i.

Likewise, there can be no doubt that had we not pulled out of Iraq prematurely Isis would never have gotten so strong and bold.

Cue the Ostrich gif.

5/13/2015 2:39 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/11/2015 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/11/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 5/11/2015 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/11/2015 10:19:00 AM (view original):
So no one from Saudi Arabia is coming? Is there anything else going on?
Well Kuwait and Qatar will be represented.

Apparently we haven't yet alienated those two powerful allies...

Is that noteworthy enough for you?

The Saudi's have a delegation going.
Going where?

Are you trying to say that the Saudis are sending a delegation to the WH?

Whoopie!

Can a delegation sign off on meaningful agreements?

Spin it how you want, but the bottom line is Obama invited 6 LEADERS to meet with him about the crisis, and only 2 will show up, while the other 4 are sending delegates, in their place.
Biggest reason for the lack of support here, is that these little countries are basically saying "you want to deal with Iran? You want to lift sanctions and let them pursue nuclear weapons (errrr.. power). Then lets get an agreement that you will ally with us and defend our tiny country if Iran doesn't actually live up to their word."

Obama won't do that, so they aren't really interested in negotiating any sort of "peace deal" that includes granting Iran the freedom to acquire a nuke.

5/13/2015 2:48 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/13/2015 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 5/11/2015 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/11/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 5/11/2015 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/11/2015 10:19:00 AM (view original):
So no one from Saudi Arabia is coming? Is there anything else going on?
Well Kuwait and Qatar will be represented.

Apparently we haven't yet alienated those two powerful allies...

Is that noteworthy enough for you?

The Saudi's have a delegation going.
Going where?

Are you trying to say that the Saudis are sending a delegation to the WH?

Whoopie!

Can a delegation sign off on meaningful agreements?

Spin it how you want, but the bottom line is Obama invited 6 LEADERS to meet with him about the crisis, and only 2 will show up, while the other 4 are sending delegates, in their place.
Biggest reason for the lack of support here, is that these little countries are basically saying "you want to deal with Iran? You want to lift sanctions and let them pursue nuclear weapons (errrr.. power). Then lets get an agreement that you will ally with us and defend our tiny country if Iran doesn't actually live up to their word."

Obama won't do that, so they aren't really interested in negotiating any sort of "peace deal" that includes granting Iran the freedom to acquire a nuke.

One word.... TRUST. Or in Obamas case the lack thereof.
5/13/2015 2:51 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/13/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Anyone who claims that American isolationism didn't contribute significantly to the plans/initial success of Hitler is delusional.

We were very vocal in our refusal to get involved, and likely would never have done so, until Japan's dumbass bombed Hawai'i.

Likewise, there can be no doubt that had we not pulled out of Iraq prematurely Isis would never have gotten so strong and bold.

Cue the Ostrich gif.

tec's begging he question with his whole, "isolationism didn't work so well in the 1930's," bullshit. No one is suggesting isolationism now. Just that going to war in the mid-east isn't going to stop terrorists or cause extremists to stop hating us. Suggesting that the rise of ISIS could have been stopped had we just stayed in Iraq (forever?) is taking an extremely complicated and historically bloody situation and oversimplifying it to fit a partisan narrative.

5/13/2015 3:00 PM
DUBYA CREATED ISIS BY INVADING IRAQ

PURE + SIMPLE
5/13/2015 3:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2015 3:00:00 PM (view original):

Cue the Ostrich gif.

tec's begging he question with his whole, "isolationism didn't work so well in the 1930's," bullshit. No one is suggesting isolationism now. Just that going to war in the mid-east isn't going to stop terrorists or cause extremists to stop hating us. Suggesting that the rise of ISIS could have been stopped had we just stayed in Iraq (forever?) is taking an extremely complicated and historically bloody situation and oversimplifying it to fit a partisan narrative.

Should we just pull all of our troops out of the Middle East, every single one, and just have Obama sternly waggle his finger at ISIS, whatever is still left of Al Qaeda, and any other terrorist group that threatens America or American interests?

Is that your solution?

Do you think that will work?

5/13/2015 3:22 PM
Is that what you think I'm suggesting?
5/13/2015 3:30 PM
Well, you don't want a presence there.  So what do you want to protect our interests and our security?
5/13/2015 3:34 PM
Ok, I can back down on that. War is what I want to avoid. If you think having a bunch of dudes hanging out at a military base but not actively fighting anyone is a good idea, fine.
5/13/2015 3:52 PM
I WIN!!!
5/13/2015 4:00 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2015 3:00:00 PM (view original):

Cue the Ostrich gif.

Should we just pull all of our troops out of the Middle East, every single one, and just have Obama sternly waggle his finger at ISIS, whatever is still left of Al Qaeda, and any other terrorist group that threatens America or American interests?

Is that your solution?

Do you think that will work?

Yes.  And call them the JV team while he's at it.    That'll show 'em he means bidness.
5/13/2015 4:05 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I WIN!!!
5/13/2015 4:06 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I WIN!!!
Exhibit A for why no one ever backs down on anything they say around here, even if it's something stupid like, "it would be better if Edgar Martinez had walked less," or "allowing gays to marry negatively impacts straight marriages."
5/13/2015 4:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...333|334|335|336|337...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.