2016 Presidential Race Topic

PROBLEM SOLVED IN 6 MONTHS
8/17/2015 7:34 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/17/2015 7:34:00 AM (view original):
PROBLEM SOLVED IN 6 MONTHS
no doubt - but if the stuff on the books is NOT being enforced as of right now then it doesn't matter what else you put in the books. gotta start enforcing first
8/17/2015 8:15 AM
THE PENALTIES TO CORPORATIONS(PEOPLE) AREN'T NEAR SEVERE ENOUGH.
8/17/2015 8:18 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/17/2015 8:18:00 AM (view original):
THE PENALTIES TO CORPORATIONS(PEOPLE) AREN'T NEAR SEVERE ENOUGH.
no doubt. still, doesn't matter if its death by firing squad if its not going to be enforced, right?
8/17/2015 8:21 AM
AND NOT ONE CANDIDATE HAS ADDRESSED IT, REPUG, DEM, OR THE DONALD. ALL THEY FOCUS ON ARE BROWN PEOPLE, WALLS, MEXICO(MOST ILLEGAL JOB HOLDERS ARE FROM  COUNTRIES OTHER THAN MEXICO.
8/17/2015 8:28 AM
I like how Trump framed immigration as a 'jobs' issue. Smart. Raise the price of what I call 'in-shoring' or bringing in immigrants legally to do american work. Thats huge here in chicago. suspending visas until americans find jobs. increasing costs of business execs to enter the country (because they are the people that apply pressure to mexican gov't policy). first time I've seen immigration framed this way - most of the time its illegals first, and jobs a very distant second.
8/17/2015 8:28 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/17/2015 8:28:00 AM (view original):
AND NOT ONE CANDIDATE HAS ADDRESSED IT, REPUG, DEM, OR THE DONALD. ALL THEY FOCUS ON ARE BROWN PEOPLE, WALLS, MEXICO(MOST ILLEGAL JOB HOLDERS ARE FROM  COUNTRIES OTHER THAN MEXICO.
Most ILLEGALS of all countries are entering the US via the Mexican Border. That's why the focus is at the border and Mexico as well as the US needs to do a better job of policing it.
8/17/2015 8:31 AM
Trump plans to deport American citizens.
8/17/2015 3:33 PM
So long!
8/17/2015 8:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/17/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Buh bye. Adios.

See you again when you reapply to become a US citizen the right way.
8/17/2015 8:25 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/17/2015 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/17/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Buh bye. Adios.

See you again when you reapply to become a US citizen the right way.
Yeah, that's not how it works. American citizens can't be deported.
8/17/2015 8:35 PM
Circle this date on the calendar.  BL and I agree.

Unless there's some sort of process for taking citizenship away from a naturalized citizen in the US (I'm not aware of one), then this ain't happening.
8/17/2015 8:47 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/17/2015 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Circle this date on the calendar.  BL and I agree.

Unless there's some sort of process for taking citizenship away from a naturalized citizen in the US (I'm not aware of one), then this ain't happening.
It's not happening - to change the law he'd need 2/3 support from both the Senate and House iirc.

Edit - from an article I just read:

"This can only be accomplished two ways: Trump would either have to retroactively revoke birthright citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants, or he would have to ignore the fact that they are American citizens in order to deport them anyway.

Ending birthright citizenship in the first place, to say nothing of revoking it for people who currently hold it, would require a constitutional amendment, which would never pass. Whatever you think about the policy, it’s here to stay. That leaves the second option — deport whole families anyway, regardless of the citizenship status of individual members — as the likely immigration policy of a hypothetical Trump presidency.

As much of a bureaucratic and legal nightmare as such a policy would be — to say nothing of its massive cost and wanton disregard for the constitutional rights of American citizens — we have to take it seriously. Rather, the rest of the Republican field does. Like it or not, Donald Trump has become the GOP’s standard-bearer on immigration policy. And if that sounds ridiculous, consider this: asked about Trump’s plan today, Scott Walker embraced it, describing his plan as being “very similar” to that of Trump."

You know - Obama did set new precedent regarding pushing the law with executive orders. Hmmmm.
8/17/2015 9:43 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 8/17/2015 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, only 78 more to catch Bush, 151 to catch Clinton, and 168 to get Reagan. Push push push!
fyi - 'quantity of executive orders' actually has very little relevance to 'pushing the legal limits of executive orders'.
8/17/2015 9:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...57|58|59|60|61...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.