Hold the Ace SP Prospect in AAA, 3rd Pro Season? Topic

Stupid MikeTs and their poor grammar
9/17/2010 1:12 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/17/2010 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Stupid canucks and they're retarded thinking.

And deano is right about the whole fighting thing.  Some people are better off left alone and it seldom has anything to do with size.  A lot of big dudes can't fight because they never had to. 
Quoted for ironic posterity. 

9/17/2010 1:13 PM
Oh.  Now I see.  It should have been "there".   My bad.

USA!!!  USA!!!!  USA!!!!!
9/17/2010 1:25 PM
Posted by deanod on 9/17/2010 11:58:00 AM (view original):
It doesn't work that way.  AMERICAN, WHITE MALES ARE NOT COLLECTABLE TOKENS!
You have no sense of humor if you didn't laugh out loud at this...
9/17/2010 5:40 PM
can you say butt in here instead of ***
9/17/2010 7:51 PM
yes you can, go figure, after all an *** is a donkey, mule, etc, right, that thing the book says not to covet, right?
9/17/2010 7:52 PM
Posted by dlmose on 9/17/2010 7:52:00 PM (view original):
yes you can, go figure, after all an *** is a donkey, mule, etc, right, that thing the book says not to covet, right?
Turn off your profanity filter and you can see/say both
9/17/2010 7:53 PM
What? And offend my sensitive lil' ears?
9/17/2010 9:36 PM
But maybe back on the theme of this thread, do pitchers develop at the same speed and percentages as pos. players?
9/17/2010 9:38 PM
Posted by dlmose on 9/17/2010 9:38:00 PM (view original):
But maybe back on the theme of this thread, do pitchers develop at the same speed and percentages as pos. players?
Why would you do that when it has been off topic for 17 pages? 
Generally, pitchers develop slower and later into their life.  You will sometimes see a pitcher past 27 continue to progress.  You very rarely see this with hitters.
9/17/2010 9:48 PM
Posted by dlmose on 9/17/2010 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Eyes?

Fingers?
9/17/2010 10:12 PM
Posted by iain on 9/17/2010 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dlmose on 9/17/2010 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Eyes?

Fingers?
don't forget............knees and toes, knees and toes. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
9/19/2010 5:41 PM
Posted by plague on 9/14/2010 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iain on 9/14/2010 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by plague on 9/14/2010 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iain on 9/14/2010 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by plague on 9/14/2010 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iain on 9/14/2010 5:04:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe you are not only condoning the exploitation of new players, but actively taking part in it.

Offering a trade that is wildly unfair to a new HBD player in the hopes of taking advantage of their lack of knowledge is mean spirited.

Do you also take candy from babies and blame their parents for not stopping you?
I don't take candy from babies, I differentiate between adults and children and games and real life. I treat new owners how I expect to be treated when I am new to the game. I don't expect to be babied or pampered by you or any other owner, and I know when going into any game I  understand that I am  responsible for my own actions.
Not much for analogies, huh?

I'm stunned that an otherwise rational person can miss the boat quite so badly on a pretty clear ethical matter.
Its not a matter of ethics. I have been the newcomer in many games, I don't expect you or anyone else to baby me and I am not going to baby you either.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't think it's ethical to take advantage of someone when they don't know any better.

Given 2-3 seasons, sure.... screw 'em.  Ram it deep and hard.  The worse you can stick it to an experienced owner, the better.  All the more enjoyable when they've actually got more experience that I do.

I'd just hesitate in someone's first season, as it may sour them on an otherwise awesome game, and because I can't bring myself to really stick it to new owners, I prefer not to have them in my worlds.
I always feel I learn from my own mistakes and that in the long run that will make me better. I hate it when I am new to a game and people pamper me. I would rather get burned and learn from my mistakes than get babied. I feel I learn more that way. I will answer questions about the game and give my opinions, but come game time the gloves are off its up to you if you want to use my advice, someone else advice,  no advice, or don't even seek advice.
Here's the exchange.

Make of it what you will.
5/9/2015 2:17 PM
Posted by dlmose on 9/17/2010 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Nice try, anyway.
5/9/2015 2:36 PM
Posted by plague on 9/14/2010 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/14/2010 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Offering lopsided deals to n00bs is wrong.   Allowing such deals to go thru is wrong.   Two wrongs makes a right in plagueworld.

The bottom line is simple.  I play to win games.   You play to win a WS.   You can't win a WS without winning games but the objective of winning the WS is your goal.  If you don't think it's feasible, you'll hold back as many players as needed.  One can only assume you have no issue with playing for draft position because that will only help you achieve your goal of winning a WS in the future.   I can't play for draft position because I'm busy trying to win games.

I never intentionally lose games because its against my own personal beliefs, if I can't win within the rules of the game then I will quit or try harder to win within the rules of the game.. I play the best I can to win with keeping in mind the future of my team.

Your right on 1 thing. My opinion there is 1 winner and 31 losers.

Depends what your definition of holding back. At 5 years a player has fully developed, I have little reason to hold a player back at that point.

But you are wrong about this-"Offering lopsided deals to n00bs is wrong.   Allowing such deals to go thru is wrong.   Two wrongs makes a right in plagueworld."

There is no right or wrong in either case, its a matter of opinion, and you made a decision to brand it wrong which goes along with your persona of negatively branding anything you don't like. .
Or maybe this exchange?
5/9/2015 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18
Hold the Ace SP Prospect in AAA, 3rd Pro Season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.