Monopoly Progressive: Auction House (Hitters) Topic

This is where all auctions for all hitting units (IF, OF, C/DH/Stadium)  will be held. 

1.  PLEASE do not post anything here except bids on units.  Wading through all the bids to determine exactly where we stand should be difficult enough  for all of us without having to read posts on other topics.  Feel free to post any questions in either the Available Units or the (No) Free Parking thread (depending on what the question is) or sitemail me.   All bids on IF, OF, and C/DH/Stadium units must be made here- I'm not going to look for them anywhere else.  No bid will be accepted via proxy or sitemail.  All bids on SP and RP units in this thread are void; the first one by an owner will simply be ignored, each subsequent offense of this rule by the aforementioned owner will result in a 5M fine.

2.  All times listed are Eastern.  No bids will be accepted prior to the unit becoming available (check the Available Units thread for those times).  The timestamp on the post will be the determining factor.  For example, on Thursday, all Anaheim units become available at 9 A.M. Eastern.  A bid posted at 8:59 A.M. (as shown by WIS on the post) will be ignored and is considered invalid.  A bid posted at 9:00 A.M is valid.   On the flipside, I will not make an announcement on Monday at 9 A.M. declaring the bidding open on Anaheim's units.  Each team's units is officially open at the time listed on the Available Units thread.

3.  No post containing a bid (meaning all posts in this thread except this one) can be edited or deleted in any way.  There are NO exceptions to this rule.  The penalty for an edited or deleted post is 10M, taken immediately from your total.  If there's a spelling mistake or punctuation mistake, leave it.  DO NOT send me a sitemail or message trying to plead your case if you violate this rule.  If you feel your bid needs clarification for whatever reason, simply repost.  If you accidently bid on a SP or RP unit in this thread (see Rule 1), do not edit it or delete it- just leave it as it is.

4.  If two owners make the same highest bid (for whatever reason), the leading bid is from the owner who posts first.   Again, do not try to plead your case on this one. 

5.   All bids are required to be in the same format.  Each bid will be 3 lines- please double space (I won't be picky about the spacing thing, but I will over the 3 line format).  The first line will announce whether you are opening or raising a bid.  The second line will state which unit you are bidding on (team and position unit).  The third line will be the amount of the bid (opening bids must be at least 5M, raises are in increments of 1M).   For example:  

Raising bid

Montreal Expos Infield Unit

8 million

6.  If a unit's highest bid has not been raised for exactly 24 hours, the unit will be considered sold to the highest bidder.  For example, if a bid is marked Monday at 10:25 A.M., a raise must be in by Tuesday at 10:24 A.M. to be considered valid, as the bidding closes at exactly 10:25 A.M. if there is no raise.  The units that have been sold will be noted on the Available Units thread and each owner's available cash will be noted on the (No) Free Parking thread.   I can't promise immediate updates, but I will do it as quickly as I can.

7.  Any invalid/illegal bid (there is a difference- see the initial thread for the league as ct spells out what an illegal bid) will be listed in the (No) Free Parking thread;  they will not be listed here, as I must abide by my own rules.

8.   Have fun and good luck to all!
10/18/2010 2:59 PM (edited)
Opening Bid

Anaheim Angels Outfield Unit

13 million
10/18/2010 9:20 AM

Raising bid

19 million

10/18/2010 9:38 AM
Raising Bid

21 million
10/18/2010 9:50 AM
Opening Bid

Anaheim Angels Infield Unit

5 million
10/18/2010 12:02 PM
Raising Bid

7 million
10/18/2010 2:24 PM
Opening Bid

Anaheim Angels- Catching /DH / Stadium Unit

5 million
10/18/2010 3:42 PM
Raising Bid

8 million
10/18/2010 4:16 PM
Raising Bid

10 million
10/18/2010 4:56 PM
Opening Bid

Arizona Diamondbacks Outfield Unit

5 Million
10/18/2010 9:43 PM
Raising Bid

10 Million
10/18/2010 10:01 PM
Raising Bid

Anaheim Angels- Catching /DH / Stadium Unit

6 million
10/18/2010 10:37 PM
Raising Bid

11 million

10/18/2010 10:40 PM
Raising Bid

15 Million

10/18/2010 10:40 PM
Raising Bid

16 Million

10/18/2010 10:53 PM
1|2|3...25 Next ▸
Monopoly Progressive: Auction House (Hitters) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.