I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

[Edited 11:45 PM PST Monday June, 29 to put a recap at the bottom]

In D3 Phelan for roughly the last 5-10 seasons I have been having trouble getting picked off at the last minute by different coaches. I figured that it was just standard recruiting stuff (even in a relatively bare D3 like Phelan) where I had targetted good coaches and someone would come in and get them right at signings. I have done this for years to other people (I mean, not always, but when it was the best approach), and I've had numerous "I H8 U, REKRUIT STEELER" messages on my conference page and in my private message inbox. I don't think much about it-- I just move on.

The last three or four seasons have been insanely bad though, causing me to go to backup and backup of backup options. I thought "oh well, people realize it's a good strategy to just see what good recruits I pick out and then come get them, **** happens" until I looked at the coaches doing it. Last season I had 3 considering me with 3 openings and lost all three. I remember thinking that one or two of them was by a coach who had 0 victories in HD and how that was quite coincidental, but obviously that isn't enough to crucify anyone and I infrequently don the tinfoil hat. 

...But this season right before signings I had 4 of my recruits jumped on, specifically by two different teams who jumped on two each (Redlands and Shenendoah). Both are coached by coaches with zero HD victories by the names of bradycheats (joined two weeks ago) and phams1099 (joined 3 days ago). One of the coaches is even long distance (Redlands decided to try to grab two of my targets from 1500 miles away). 

This is not a coincidence, I think this has been going on for multiple seasons in Phelan for sure. 

phams1099 and bradycheats will definitely be the same owner and/or same IP (or a part of some kind of crazy conspiracy team of people!)

[edit below]
Season 83
Simpson
Coach lewis15: www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/
B
ryan Hale: www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx

T
exas Lutheran
Coach ken569: www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/
R
aymond Miller: www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx

S
eason 84
Redlands
Coach bradycheats: www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/
Kim Aramas: www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx
Jerry Teske (I held on to him): www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx

Shenandoah
Coach phams1099: www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/
D
ouglas Lockwood: www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx
J
ames Gray: www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx

I
'm confident that all four of these coaches are the same person, each had never played another sport on WIS and came in right before recruiting...
6/30/2015 2:47 AM (edited)
Who knows? Maybe the last few seasons the best 0 win prodigy coaches ever have just had a great idea to nab A+ D3 recruits with C level prestige from far away
6/28/2015 8:28 PM
Do you remember who the coachers (a word I just trademarked) were in previous seasons???
6/28/2015 8:36 PM
I don't unfortunately. I might be able to dig up my emails to recruits saying "sorry, charlie!" and see where they ended up...
6/28/2015 9:51 PM
Raymond Miller
Bryan Hale
William Parisien
Brian Butler

Seem to be the names of the guys I lost last time. IIRC at least one of them was to a 0 win coach. How can I find them? I tried looking on the freshman page and sorting by different stats and C+F'ing their name but I couldn't find them.

To be clear I'm sure most of these guys were just taken by other schools, oftentimes D2 schools, legitimately. But it's just been happening too much lately in WAY too empty of a world. 

6/28/2015 10:06 PM
Is there a DB of all D3 players somewhere?
6/28/2015 10:14 PM
I'm not seeing that Shenendoah team? Are you talking about Montavello, cause they are DII? And that Redlands team doesn't really look like they know what they're doing (which is indicative of a first time coach).
6/28/2015 10:20 PM
I see you are in tough battles everywhere. I think Redlands has a strange recruiting strategy. But if you check Shenandoah, they targetted in the same areas as Aejones and Redlands are battling in, which means they've won battles. So one is scouting, the other one is just recruiting. It seems OK, and MO are the states where it happens. It's Worth sending a ticket. It could be a coincidence though.
6/28/2015 10:30 PM
Those two teams as of the signing cycle had targeted absolutely no one except recruits that I was considering. If they've done anything else now it's likely for show. Makes sense that the only two recruits each team would come at, for a first time coach, were mine
6/28/2015 11:27 PM
I'm not really in tough battles, I had like 18k for 8 openings since I've been losing guys left and right the last few years. I just min effort into everyone, was 6 alone before signings and got jumped on (by at least two legitimate) by six ppl: two shenendoah (from USA south) and two Redlands, the teams in question
6/28/2015 11:29 PM
Unless you can show that its been suspect teams like these for the past 5 to 10 seasons as you claim, then there is no point in showing-up and throwing these two teams as if they have any real significance.
6/28/2015 11:43 PM
Here it is for last season, I present to you user lewis15, 5-22 last year in his only season at C- Simpson, joined May 15th, this is his only sport-- but he was able to steal top D3 recruit Bryan Hale from me at the last minute....

www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/

www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx
6/29/2015 10:15 PM
I'm listening.....
6/29/2015 11:02 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/29/2015 11:02:00 PM (view original):
I'm listening.....
hi Dr. Drew. Well, my problem is...well, its sort of awkward to talk about, but sometimes my girlfriend and I will have sex for, like hours, and it doesn't even feel good anymore, you know, but you keep going coz now you are committed and someone's gonna pop a nut, you know what I mean? 

But anyway, we we're just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks - Love the show by the way; you rock Adam!
6/30/2015 12:14 AM
* puts unpopped bag of popcorn in microwave *
6/30/2015 12:25 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.