NoBody Said It Would Be Easy Progressive League Topic

If you are looking for a fun, but challenging Progressive League, well this could be it! We are looking for owners who like the challenge of building a franchise, love intense competition, but most importantly want to have fun! I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, but here are the basics...

  • ?Draft 25 players from any time in history - Draft 25 players from any time in history. The player's first year used will be his first eligible WIS season. Your team retains the exclusive rights to that player as long as his career last. Players can be released at the end of any season. Players released will be black listed for 5 seasons, at the end of which can be drafted by any team. Players can be traded at any time. Veto rules will be in place. After the first season, any player that has a non eligible season will be considered IR for that season. Rights to that player are retained by the team, and that player would replace one of the teams AAA roster spaces. AAA players on a teams roster are considered part of the team, and can be used during the season, replacing a player on the 25 man roster.

  • Draft 5 AAA players - Draft 5 AAA players who can supplement your roster. There will be a Black List for the initial draft of AAA players, after which they can be replaced by any available player, but with the following caveat...only 1 AAA player per season from a teams initial draft may be replaced during the first 5 season. The Black List will be posted at the end of the 25th round of the draft. The rules for AAA players are the same as the regular roster.

  • The initial draft will be a snake draft - The initial draft will begin by a random selected draft owner, using a randomizer. The the draft will be a snake draft going from 1 to 24 and 24 back to 1 to attempt to keep the teams fair and balanced. After the initial season, the draft orders of each round will be random to remove the advantage of tanking.

  • No DH

  • No WW

  • Any Stadium – You can select any stadium, but stadiums are exclusive to the owner who first selects a stadium. You can select the stadium when you commit to joining the league which can aid you in player selection. Stadiums must be kept for 5 seasons, after which they can be dropped, and replaced by a stadium in use. This can be done prior to the beginning of a season, during the season draft.

9/11/2021 12:56 PM
Owner Stadium

1) Garycr14 - TBD
2) Jetson21 - Hilltop
3) 2bivision - Polo Grounds
4) Magic19 - Wrigley Field
5) Royhobbs09 - Shibe
6) fatguyrd - Dodger Stadium
7) Strubrosll - TBD
8) Rapasmusky - Kauffman Stadium
9) masterdebate - Yankee Stadium
10) Sigblend - Atlanta Fulton County Stadium
11) Tedcogswell - Safeco
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
10/3/2021 3:38 AM (edited)
Hilltop
9/11/2021 3:43 PM
Welcome Jetson21!
9/11/2021 4:19 PM
Definitely in. Polo Grounds V (or whatever the final configuration was). I really like selecting from any era. I don't think I've ever been in a league where I can pick players from the 1800s. Billy Hamilton is (was) my kind of player.
9/11/2021 6:53 PM (edited)
I'm in! I pick Wrigley Field, just because I just saw the Giants beat the Cubs there.
9/11/2021 7:31 PM
Posted by 2bvision on 9/11/2021 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Definitely in. Polo Grounds V (or whatever the final configuration was). I really like selecting from any era. I don't think I've ever been in a league where I can pick players from the 1800s. Billy Hamilton is (was) my kind of player.
Happy you have joined in!
9/11/2021 7:49 PM
Posted by Magic2019 on 9/11/2021 7:31:00 PM (view original):
I'm in! I pick Wrigley Field, just because I just saw the Giants beat the Cubs there.
Coolio! Did you take a trip to Chicago recently?
9/11/2021 7:50 PM
For some reason my browser is not letting me edit the above description....but there is an additional rule.

There is a "Black List" of pitching seasons between 1885 and 1889. Any pitchers that pitched before 1890 will use 1890 as their starting season.
9/13/2021 12:31 AM
I'm in - sounds like fun - ill go Shibe
9/13/2021 1:47 AM
Salary Cap?
9/13/2021 1:51 PM
if you select Babe Ruth can you start him out as a pitcher, then move him to OF at the proper time?


Dodger Stadium
9/13/2021 8:54 PM (edited)
I'll Play....Stadium TBD
9/13/2021 6:48 PM
I'm in. Kauffman Stadium
9/14/2021 9:44 AM
Posted by royhobbs09 on 9/13/2021 1:47:00 AM (view original):
I'm in - sounds like fun - ill go Shibe
Welcome royhobbs09! Happy to see you from the random progressives!
9/15/2021 6:28 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
NoBody Said It Would Be Easy Progressive League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.