New 16 team Progressive 1961 - FULL Topic

SSSP 

Start Date: 1961

Ok, since my unique idea progressives don't seem to go over very well I'm going to try getting this normal single season progressive going. Thanks for looking, and if you join please plan on staying for many seasons.

League Format: 16 teams, 4/4 w-interleague play to start.

Initial Draft: 21 rounds. Random order for 1st round then serpentine. 1 player per round the first 15 rounds, 2 players per round and your stadium the last 6 rounds. I will automatically take the 16th (last) draft spot. We'll do 1 round per day on-the-clock with 45 minute increments from 7AM to 6PM.

After the draft any remaining players in the draft pool can be added to your roster on a 1st come/1st serve basis after I announce we are starting the add phase. You can add 1 player per day. This will be your only chance to add players to AAA (6/4).

At the Transaction Deadline (120 Days) Keepers are due. Keepers are unlimited. Draft order for Subsequent Drafts will be determined by W/L record at the TD. Lowest-first/Highest-last with a weighted lottery for picks 1 thru 4. Ties will be broken by H2H matchups, then score. Rookies and any players being cut that have available seasons yet will make up the draft pool for each subsequent draft. Players that fail to get drafted or added to your AAA in the add phase will not be eligible again and are gone forever.

Trades can be made up to 3 seasons ahead. All trades will be allowed unless 3 or more owners object, forcing a league wide vote.

IR spots are unlimited for players without a WIS eligible season.

Stadiums are exclusive and can be changed anytime using a draft pick. Stadiums must have seasons from 1961 to 2011 for the first year. 1962 to 2011 for the second year and so on... For instance, if you start with Metropolitan Stadium (1961-1981) you'll have to change stadiums after the '81 season. If you start with Target Field (2010-????) you're good until ????

Salary Cap  - 120M
No DH
No WW
No Live Play
Yes AAA 6/4
Injuries off
Alignment done by last 3 digits of owner ratings at start of 1st season, then same each season thereafter.

When we reach the '68 season we will vote on expanding the league to 20 teams for the '69 season. Depending on whether expansion is approved or not we will vote again when we reach the '76 season to expand to 20 or 24 teams for the '77 season.

Any teams that don't make the playoffs that have higher win totals than teams that do make the playoffs will divide up the WIS money from administration after each 5 seasons. This will provide some compensation for not having Wild Cards due to a 16 team league.

Owners List: bheid408; jeff4noles; busterglen; bcoop11; bigjc; daveymac; chargingryno; walteralston; swan3488; N4ser; talismen25; chargers242; dannyjoe; ht44601; rbrch; outbacker

1.bheid408
2.jeff4noles
3.dannyjoe
4.busterglen
5.bcoop11
6.bigjc
7.daveymac
8.chargingryno
9.walteralston
10.swan3488
11.N4ser
12.talismen25
13.chargers242
14.ht44601
15.rbrch
16.outbacker

10/14/2011 8:27 PM (edited)
i will join
9/19/2011 1:15 PM
I'm in
$120 mil cap
9/21/2011 9:33 AM
I'm in, love '61. $120m is plenty.
9/21/2011 11:01 AM (edited)
make iot interesting make the cap $100 milllion.
9/21/2011 12:11 PM
I'm in bheid; 120 mil
9/21/2011 6:42 PM
$100m is fine, too.  The only other 16 team progressive I'm in started in '61 and is in season '74 with top salary of $98m.  I doubt it will matter, there's not that much talent for 16 teams!
9/22/2011 4:04 PM
I'm in 120 M
9/22/2011 5:29 PM
I'll do it, 120 mil, hate expansion :)
9/25/2011 5:56 PM
I'm in - no cap
9/28/2011 2:58 AM
I'll join - 120 or no cap
9/28/2011 3:29 PM
As a guy who basically runs the same league I can tell you no team will get over 120 million.   In 10 years we have had a couple approach 110 and probably one or two a year over 100 but no one came close to 120.
9/28/2011 7:24 PM
Thanks Trentonjoe! That is kinda what I was thinking too.
9/28/2011 9:28 PM

i would like to give this a try
10/2/2011 8:52 PM
As long as you are committed to multiple seasons swan3488 I will welcome you aboard!
10/2/2011 9:45 PM
123 Next ▸
New 16 team Progressive 1961 - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.