5 Season Progressive,1969 to 2015 FULL Topic

Looking for 24 owners that must play all 5 seasons. $50 in credits to team with most combined regular season wins after 5 seasons. 

The first draft for this league is very important because the talent available for drafts 2 through 5 will be quite thin. that's because dropped players are blacklisted from future drafts. 

Five season progressive league. Players drafted from any season from 1969 to 2015. 

2015 will be the last season used for player stats. 

If you draft a player he's your exclusive. You can start using his seasons any time in his career, but they must be used consecutively.

Example:

Player One: Season One 1972, Season Two 1973 etc.
Player Two: Season One 1984, Season Two 1985 etc.

Random snake draft for 1st draft only, 1-24, 24-1 etc. Future drafts to fill out rosters for dropped, retired or injured players in reverse order of standings. 

Players that qualify,  can be put on IR until their next available season. No limit on IR.

Exclusive stadium 1969 to 2015. You must use your selected park for all 5 seasons. 

Yes to trades. No to AAA, DH and clones. 

Team names are up to you. 
==========================================================

hockeyhead; flbarons; carbonjones; feasor; rickysdad44; covinabandit; mikemundt; dn3524; happyhours; uncleal; willpower2; alice; tajohn; busterglen; oldschool62; poddy; tigerrott; tradrrr; fillies; mundocani;  jnavies; rooskie; asufan04, hoopsrus

Owners        
1. hockeyhead
2. flbarons
3. carbonjones
4. feasor
5. rickysdad44
6. 
covinabandit
7. mikemundt
8. dn3524
9.  happyhours
10. uncleal
11. willpower2
12. alice
13. tajohn
14. busterglen
15. oldschool62
16. poddy
17. tigerrott
18. tradrrr
19. fillies
20. mundocsni

21.
 
hoopsrus
22. jnavies
23. rooskie
24.
 asufan04 
1/30/2016 1:12 AM (edited)
Throw me in
12/12/2015 8:54 AM
Clarifications:

1.  If a player is on my team and I use him for 1984 & 1985, but then there are no 1986 stats, but his stats resume in 1987, etc., then for the 1986 season (3rd year of Progressive), he MUST be put on IR?  What I am trying to say is that I would not be able to use him for the 5 Progressives as: 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989...it would have to be 1984, 1985, 1986(IR), 1987, 1988?

2.  Can I drop a player at anytime after the season regardless if I have used him for five seasons?  So, if a player had a 10-year career from 1980-1989, I use him for 1984 & 1985.  Can I drop him then or must I use him for 1986-88 also?
12/12/2015 9:08 AM
Fascinating (and that is hard to do after all these years on the site....I'm in!!!
12/12/2015 12:12 PM
We'll play this
12/12/2015 4:22 PM
Posted by SimLamp on 12/12/2015 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Clarifications:

1.  If a player is on my team and I use him for 1984 & 1985, but then there are no 1986 stats, but his stats resume in 1987, etc., then for the 1986 season (3rd year of Progressive), he MUST be put on IR?  What I am trying to say is that I would not be able to use him for the 5 Progressives as: 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989...it would have to be 1984, 1985, 1986(IR), 1987, 1988?

2.  Can I drop a player at anytime after the season regardless if I have used him for five seasons?  So, if a player had a 10-year career from 1980-1989, I use him for 1984 & 1985.  Can I drop him then or must I use him for 1986-88 also?
1. You would only get to use your player 84, 95, 87. 88 with 86 on IR. You can draft a player as a one season replacement for the IR season.

2. Mo, once a player is dropped no matter how long he's used, then he's blacklisted from future drafts.
12/12/2015 5:14 PM
hockeyhead, thank you for your reply, but I think you misunderstood #2...

If you need me to clarify what I am asking, let me know.

Thank you.
12/12/2015 5:18 PM
Posted by SimLamp on 12/12/2015 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Clarifications:

1.  If a player is on my team and I use him for 1984 & 1985, but then there are no 1986 stats, but his stats resume in 1987, etc., then for the 1986 season (3rd year of Progressive), he MUST be put on IR?  What I am trying to say is that I would not be able to use him for the 5 Progressives as: 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989...it would have to be 1984, 1985, 1986(IR), 1987, 1988?

2.  Can I drop a player at anytime after the season regardless if I have used him for five seasons?  So, if a player had a 10-year career from 1980-1989, I use him for 1984 & 1985.  Can I drop him then or must I use him for 1986-88 also?
1. Yes to (it would have to be 1984, 1985, 1986(IR), 1987, 1988?)

2. Yes you can drop a player anytime no matter how long he plays on your team, then replace him in the next draft.

If a team drops a player, no matter how long he's on a roster, he's then blacklisted from future drafts.

You don't have to use the 5 consecutive seasons for any of your players.


12/12/2015 5:49 PM
Perfect. Thank you.
12/12/2015 6:18 PM
I will do this
12/12/2015 7:10 PM
I'm in.
12/12/2015 9:13 PM
I'll put in a team
12/13/2015 8:43 AM
Count me in.
12/15/2015 5:17 PM
HH....will there be a time limit for draft picks?
12/15/2015 6:54 PM
Another question....When we draft players, do we have to specify the 5 seasons during the draft?
12/15/2015 7:17 PM
1234 Next ▸
5 Season Progressive,1969 to 2015 FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.