Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

1st seed, 1st seed, 1st seed, 1st seed, 3rd seed
and I'm a little upset at the 3rd seed because they were one game out of 1st but just lost two straight. Omaha was the bloodiest beach after all.

I think Ben's the one to watch though because he's likely to win 2 leagues and we'll probably meet in the finals in one. If it's between us it could come down to a finals matchup which would be fun. My best chance is if one of his teams falls out of the playoffs. There's still a long way to go though, we're not even half way. Everything would have to stay just the way it is, which it won't. Kinoa and dBKC both have a good chance at winning 2 leagues as well. Could come down to whoever has the best playoffs. It would be quite something if somebody actually did win 2 of these leagues. What are the chances?
6/29/2020 6:29 PM (edited)
Posted by pexetera on 6/29/2020 6:29:00 PM (view original):
1st seed, 1st seed, 1st seed, 1st seed, 3rd seed
and I'm a little upset at the 3rd seed because they were one game out of 1st but just lost two straight. Omaha was the bloodiest beach after all.

I think Ben's the one to watch though because he's likely to win 2 leagues and we'll probably meet in the finals in one. If it's between us it could come down to a finals matchup which would be fun. My best chance is if one of his teams falls out of the playoffs. There's still a long way to go though, we're not even half way. Everything would have to stay just the way it is, which it won't. Kinoa and dBKC both have a good chance at winning 2 leagues as well. Could come down to whoever has the best playoffs. It would be quite something if somebody actually did win 2 of these leagues. What are the chances?
I was a little confused by the use of seed, but now I'm figuring you meant seeds as in your division placement, not the conference/playoff seeding. Had me going "huh?" for a second, lol.
6/29/2020 6:37 PM
Yea, division placement because those are the ones that get 4 bonus points for a first round bye.
but conference seeding is 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 5th
6/29/2020 6:40 PM
Oh cool, I thought I was completely f***ed when you said that. Now I know I’m just kinda f***ed.

Division rankings: 1,2,2,1,2
6/29/2020 6:54 PM
250 points is not going to win this... now I'm thinking it'll be closer to

6/29/2020 7:30 PM (edited)
2(3) 3(4) 1(2) 3(7) 3(5)...i had all 5 in a game or two ago...just trying to stay within striking distance of the top teams...right now i feel like im gonna need a deep run from teams 1-3 to have a chance

pex you have been amazing with the constant updates...thank you
6/29/2020 8:42 PM
nah, as soon as I lose the lead I'll get a sour attitude and stop
6/29/2020 9:09 PM (edited)
Posted by pexetera on 6/29/2020 8:59:00 PM (view original):
nah, as soon as I lose the lead I'll get a sour attitude and stop
you sounds like me in my fantasy football league...i always do a weekly power rankings but any time my team struggles ill be "too busy" to do it that week...its a league with longtime friends so everyone sees right through that bullsh!t and calls me out haha
6/29/2020 9:08 PM
we're at 100 pages and still only a 4 forum rating. WTF does it take to get a 5?
6/30/2020 12:28 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/30/2020 12:28:00 AM (view original):
we're at 100 pages and still only a 4 forum rating. WTF does it take to get a 5?
I think a lot of posts need to be thumbed.
6/30/2020 12:30 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/29/2020 2:44:00 AM (view original):
The hilarious thing is that we were emphasizing up tempo and shooting years before the NBA followed the trend. It's as if Daryl Morey was on WIS one day and was like, "hey, what if we just scored 125 points every game and attempted 1000 threes in a season?"

The truth is, amerk, that the rules have changed the stats. 99-90 games aren't possible anymore. Shooters are better. No one thought shooters could be this good; since they are, you can score 35 more points per game. As much as I want to romanticize the 90's Knicks (and they were great for their era), they would pretty much be the 19-20 Spurs in today's rules. This is one where you can't zag when the rest of the league zigs, or you get left in the dust.
I gotta come back and give mad props to bds for making this connection. It really did happen that way. All layups, threes, and free throws...
6/30/2020 1:20 AM
Owner Pts Last
benhoidal 121 4
pexetera 120 3
dBKC 115 2
kinoa1 114 3
mptrey 109 2
dh555 107 2
copernicus 107 2
jcred5 101 1
tarheel1991 99 2
20ks 93 2
jpevans31 92 3
ysw128 92 2
ashamael 91 4
gerryred 88 4
goetz93 88 3
robusk 88 2
dskantor 86 3
24kpyrite 86 2
jhsukow 84 2
samuelyork93 79 3
pharrop 75 2
bds9992 71 4
longtallbrad 59 2
amerk1180 55 1
6/30/2020 7:45 AM
pushing through the pain
6/30/2020 8:23 AM
You poor thing
6/30/2020 8:30 AM
Voiceover: I deserve good things. I'm entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with. I'm entitled to my opinion of how the SIM works.
Fade into an interview with two men seated next to a mirror in the green room.
Stuart: Today we have a guest, and his name is Michael "J" . I'll protect your anonymity. Michael is a basketball player for a professional basketball team. Well, that's very good Michael, you should be very proud of that.
MJ: Well, thank you Stuart. I am.
Stuart: Well, good for you. Good for you. Uh, Michael, I know there must be a lot of pressure for you to do very well, and I can imagine that the night before the draft you must lie awake thinking, "I'm not good enough" ..."Lebron is better than me"... "I'm not going to get drafted first overall"... "I have no business playing this game"
MJ: Well, not really.
Stuart: Michael, denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
MJ: Well, I do sometimes get a little nervous before important drafts like Savage.
Stuart: I thought so. And that's..."OK". You're not alone. Believe me I know what it's like, lying there awake, all those tapes rolling, "I'm a fraud" "Tomorrow I'm going to be exposed for what I am, a big imposter" "I just want to curl up and lay in bed all day and eat Fig Newtons"
MJ: Well, something like that.
Stuart: Right. Well, Michael. Those negative thoughts are your critical inner voice saying those things to you, and I want to replace those negative thoughts with something positive. A daily affirmation.
MJ: Affirmation?
Stuart: Yea, now look in the mirror. Come on, don't look at me, only you can help you. That's it.
Now say..."Hello Michael"
MJ: Hello Michael.
Stuart: I don't have to be drafted first.
MJ: I don't have to be drafted first.
Stuart: I don't have to play 4 positions, or have a 60% efg%.
MJ: I don't have to play 4 positions, or have a 60% efg%.
Stuart: Because, all I have to do is be the best Michael I can be.
MJ: All I have to do is be the best Michael I can be.
Stuart: Because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog gone it, people like me.
MJ: Because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog gone it, people like me.
Fading out. Narrator: Stuart Scott is a caring nurturer... a member of several 12 step programs, but not a licensed therapist.
7/4/2020 10:23 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...98|99|100|101|102...125 Next ▸
Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.