Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

any interest in starting the next draft around the same time the playoffs start next week?
lets get a new thread for season 2 and confirmed owner list going so we know if we need to do any invites
i'm giving my confirm now
7/17/2020 8:46 AM (edited)
Personally I think we should wait until the new player seasons come out. Would add some intrigue to the draft.
7/17/2020 8:44 AM
new seasons would add to it, but we could be on season 3 by that time. I generally don't hold timelines for an unreliable deliverable.... especially when it comes to WIS releasing a new season. do we have any way of knowing when that is going to be? anyone want to message admin... go right ahead
7/17/2020 8:51 AM
I’ve actually got a good answer from admin about that. Their plan is to release the seasons a few days after the regular season is officially over. They’re going to pro-rate minutes like they’ve done in lockout years.

Personally, if we hold five of these things a year, I’m in. However I’m worried that eventually it’s just going to be me and you, Pex. I’m worried about owner burnout.

Again, I’m in no matter what, but I think we will have more success filling this league every time if we aim for 3 a year instead of 5 or 6.
7/17/2020 9:59 AM
I agree with eventually slowing it down to ~3-4 a year but devil’s advocate: adding a new variable (new seasons) on the 2nd iteration as opposed to letting everyone just adjust their strategy with the same field for a second run....kind of a toss up IMO, with the slight advantage going to the one that can start sooner (running it back). Just my opinion.
7/17/2020 10:08 AM
The NBA regular season ends August 14th. So if we draft immediately after the current Savage season ends we should be starting around then anyways. I’d personally like to wait a few days for the new players to be released.
7/17/2020 10:24 AM
I'd do five a year. Totally shameless & loving it & I'd withdraw from other leagues to focus on this one, but that's me
Posted by benhoidal on 7/17/2020 9:59:00 AM (view original):
I’ve actually got a good answer from admin about that. Their plan is to release the seasons a few days after the regular season is officially over. They’re going to pro-rate minutes like they’ve done in lockout years.

Personally, if we hold five of these things a year, I’m in. However I’m worried that eventually it’s just going to be me and you, Pex. I’m worried about owner burnout.

Again, I’m in no matter what, but I think we will have more success filling this league every time if we aim for 3 a year instead of 5 or 6.
That makes sense in the long run but as long as everyone is enthusiastic to jump right back in, I'm down for it. (I do agree we should wait for 19-20 seasons, though, which should be out relatively soon, as you say)
Posted by benhoidal on 7/17/2020 10:24:00 AM (view original):
The NBA regular season ends August 14th. So if we draft immediately after the current Savage season ends we should be starting around then anyways. I’d personally like to wait a few days for the new players to be released.
Fair enough!
7/17/2020 10:31 AM
Posted by pexetera on 7/17/2020 8:46:00 AM (view original):
any interest in starting the next draft around the same time the playoffs start next week?
lets get a new thread for season 2 and confirmed owner list going so we know if we need to do any invites
i'm giving my confirm now
yes. think that especially helps keep the interest of those outside the playoffs.
7/17/2020 12:07 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/17/2020 8:44:00 AM (view original):
Personally I think we should wait until the new player seasons come out. Would add some intrigue to the draft.
Do we have an ETA for new players? I would think the O/U is end of year. What was it last year?
7/17/2020 12:08 PM
Should we maybe put a poll out there to get more perspective?
7/17/2020 12:10 PM
My thought is that we have an appetite to get started. S3 would be a great time for new player updates. .
7/17/2020 12:14 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 7/17/2020 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Do we have an ETA for new players? I would think the O/U is end of year. What was it last year?
August 17 is the ETA according to admin. Current Savage playoffs will end approximately August 9th. The first draft took over two weeks, so even if we start the draft the day after the season ends, the player seasons should be out before we even finish drafting. Why not wait a week?
7/17/2020 12:23 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 7/17/2020 12:08:00 PM (view original):
It's usually within two weeks or so of when the season ends.
7/17/2020 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...107|108|109|110|111...125 Next ▸
Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.