LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

steve bannon was walking down the street the other day when he was picked up by the city welfare dept and taken to a homeless shelter.
12/13/2017 6:47 PM
het wait up ..let me put 2007 in.
12/13/2017 6:48 PM
sorry, I quickly get bored of political talk so I post the next list.
12/13/2017 7:26 PM
Gotta love rootin'-tootin' Roy Moore! Th' durn fool still ain't conceded defeat! Somethin' about God and gay marryin' and school prayer and savin' civilization and whatnot.
12/14/2017 3:11 AM
make america serve trump always - MASTA
hats are on sale.
12/14/2017 12:58 PM
i watched independence day - resurgence last night while we await for the results of the hawking investigation of the interstellar object.
there are 4 sets of readings to process...so far one done and no signal.
12/14/2017 2:04 PM (edited)
he isnt lying....he never looked at their face.
12/14/2017 4:31 PM
yeah, I'm sure he was looking elsewhere .....
12/14/2017 4:50 PM
it was a very poor year for rock in 2007.......my preference under the big umbrella is rock and roll...whatever that means............ the only 2 albums i consider great are springsteen and brandi carlile.........i put mccartney ahead of brandi because i like rock and roll more then introspective singer songwriter.....but in its type of genre the brandi carlile album is a+.....the mccartney album is extremely good..... almost great...not quite great.. a notch below .....the rest are just good to very good....a weak year.

MY 2007 LIST - RANKED

1. SPRINGSTEEN - MAGIC
2. MCCARTNEY - MEMORY IS FULL
3. CARLILE - THE STORY
4. WILCO - SKY BLUE SKY
5. JOHN FOGERTY - REVIVAL
6. PATTI SMITH - 12
7. BEN KWELLER - BEN KWELLER
8. ARTIC MONKEYS - FAVORITE WORST NIGHTMARE
9. APPLES IN STEREO - NEW MAGNETIC WONDER
10. SPOON - GAGAGAGA
12/15/2017 12:50 PM (edited)
So I listened to Dylan's "Modern Times" last night. Awesome. I almost always listen to CD's front to back, in their entirety, just as the artist sequenced it.
Did so here. The listen was fantastic. I followed it with T-Bones "The True False Identity"....... Both just superb. Anyway, I figured the Dylan needed to be moved up on my list........ BUT, IMO, 2006 was such a strong year that I can only jump the Dylan ahead of the Bottle Rockets to #4. Zoysia is #5 if I do that.
Great year for my tastes!! Before I get to far behind Wylie..... here's my 2007 list. Abbreviated somewhat out of respect for 2006!

1. Robert Plant/Allison Krauss --- "Raising Sand" (Produced by T-Bone Burnett, this one is a work of art! Masterfully done by all parties!)
2. Wilco -- "Sky Blue Sky" (Wilco hits a HR. Even has commercially viable psuedo hits!!)
3. Ryan Bingham --- "Mescalito" (Debut of the decade. Hard edged Americana all askew)
4. Peter Case --- "Let Us Now Praise Sleepy John" (Peter pays homage to blues giant Sleepy John Estes. The result is fantastic!)
5. John Common --- "Why Birds Fly" (Denver songwriter delivers rich, diverse, satisfying LP)
6. Rodney Crowell --- :Sex & Gasoline" (Rodney takes on the combustible. Lyrically brilliant. "C'mon now Girl, genuflect..." indeed.)
7. Brandi Carlile --- "The Story" (Better than the 1st!)
8. Bruce Springsteen --- "Magic" (His best since ??)

Honorable mention to Mark Knopfler, John Fogerty, and the Cowboy Junkies all fine additions to substantive catalogs!
12/14/2017 5:10 PM
i really liked the rising......i think magic harkens back to the river.
12/14/2017 5:36 PM
Before I get to my 2009 list, here are a couple I left off of earlier lists.

Wicked Twisted Road - Reckless Kelly 2005
Bulletproof - Reckless Kelly - 2008

And now, in no particular order, 2009:

Give Up the Ghost - Brandi Carlile (she just keeps getting better)
Lovely Creatures - Bob Schneider
The Excitement Plan - Todd Snider
Flower Petals - The Subdudes
Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
Lungs - Florence and the Machine
Save Me, San Francisco - Train
Working On a Dream - Bruce Springsteen
Get Lucky - Mark Knopfler
The List - Roseanne Cash
Bastard - Tyler the Creator (this is not really one of my top 10 but one of my sons loves Tyler the Creator. I put it on my list in his honor)
12/15/2017 12:15 PM
Man. I hadn't even started looking for 2008 CD's yet.......... except I already know of a couple dandies!
12/15/2017 12:18 PM
i second that....wylie give us a fighting chance to get our 2008 lists in.......im ready to rank 2008.....that takes me time...i found 2008 to be a strong year...a bunch of solid albums....big comeback for the B-52s among them.
12/15/2017 12:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...115|116|117|118|119...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.