democratic candidate for president Topic

While internet googling during the NFL draft, I just learned something. Only 4.5% of Americans identify themselves as lesbian, gay, bi or trans. Based on everyone's contentions here and it's popularity on TV and in movies, I thought it would be much higher.
(https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/record-4-5-percent-u-s-adults-identify-lgbt-gallup-n877486)
Also learned that the millennial rate is twice that. Are they simply freer about admitting it, or does my previous statement about there being a growing number hold water. I don't know, but I do know that anyone trying to deny it is now a greater % than ever is simply foolish.
4/26/2019 7:37 PM
no... younger people are more open....and more honest...come out of closet more and earlier.
probably a lot of conservative christians wont be honest under any circumstances.
i would say that there is a growing % that are not stigmatized and are open about it.
so 12 million people in usa are open about being gay.
4/26/2019 8:56 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/26/2019 4:32:00 PM (view original):
There is no proof that homosexuality is not a choice. People on both sides of the argument claim their belief has been proven (although neither has).
People posting that it is unquestionably not a choice are simply once again ignoring the truth / facts (or lack thereof).
They are entitled to their opinion, just as people are entitled to make that choice, and other people are entitled to the complete opposite. People's insistence on trying to pass their beliefs off as facts is simply more reason to continue to place no value in what they post.
First off, you are not homosexual, so you are basing your opinion off of nothing, and second, why would someone choose to be gay?
4/26/2019 11:53 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/26/2019 7:37:00 PM (view original):
While internet googling during the NFL draft, I just learned something. Only 4.5% of Americans identify themselves as lesbian, gay, bi or trans. Based on everyone's contentions here and it's popularity on TV and in movies, I thought it would be much higher.
(https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/record-4-5-percent-u-s-adults-identify-lgbt-gallup-n877486)
Also learned that the millennial rate is twice that. Are they simply freer about admitting it, or does my previous statement about there being a growing number hold water. I don't know, but I do know that anyone trying to deny it is now a greater % than ever is simply foolish.

Are they simply freer about admitting it

ding ding ding

4/26/2019 11:55 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/26/2019 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2019 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 4/26/2019 4:58:00 PM (view original):
i think it is proven.......small children do not choose and we all should know that people are observably gay at a young age...and later they say they have felt it from early childhood.
and by the sheer massive massive numbers it is beyond common sense to think normal thinking socially normal people would choose it.
dino, show me the proof and I will take back everything I said. I agree with you that is not a choice, but I couldn't prove it. I'm pretty sure one of my sons is gay (I could be wrong, but I doubt it) He has always been the way he is. My wife and I have thought he might be gay since an early age (he is 17 now). He is smart kid and if he had a choice in the matter, I doubt he would choose to be gay.
So this "trait" that is supposedly in millions and millions of people; is this some new trait, and where did it come from?
Please enlighten me, because millions and millions of people only seem to have it in the last several decades.
FWIW, I have male friends that I don't hesitate to say I love, and I could see living a happy life with them if I and one of them were unmarried, but I would still choose to NOT have sex with them. Anyone having sex with anyone else is always a choice.
Having that sexual preference isn't.

Just like you don't choose to be heterosexual, but not all heterosexuals choose to have sex.
4/26/2019 11:57 PM
And by the way, people have been gay for centuries, but don't come out because they would be persecuted and perhaps killed. Being gay isn't a choice. Coming out is. Having sex is. Being gay isn't.
4/27/2019 12:00 AM
adam and eve were gay.
4/27/2019 12:16 AM

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the attendance of the President of the United States at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum on Friday, April 26, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security around the Arena at the Lucas Oil Stadium. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance.”

Why? Aren’t the attendees “the good guys?”

4/27/2019 9:27 AM
'It takes a good guy with a gun to beat a bad guy with a gun'
4/27/2019 9:28 AM
So the "best" argument anyone has that homosexuality is not a choice is that people would never choose something that makes their life more difficult? Seriously? That's the best argument?
So people would never choose to pass on a good steady job to live in their car while pursuing an acting or singing career?
So people would never choose to marry an ugly and/or poor person they love because beautiful and/or wealthy would be easier?
So people would never choose to build their $1 million home on the side of a cliff in an earthquake zone?
People choose to do all sorts of things that make their life more difficult every day. Why? As the wise old saying goes, "Because they can.".
4/27/2019 9:41 AM
Posted by all3 on 4/27/2019 9:41:00 AM (view original):
So the "best" argument anyone has that homosexuality is not a choice is that people would never choose something that makes their life more difficult? Seriously? That's the best argument?
So people would never choose to pass on a good steady job to live in their car while pursuing an acting or singing career?
So people would never choose to marry an ugly and/or poor person they love because beautiful and/or wealthy would be easier?
So people would never choose to build their $1 million home on the side of a cliff in an earthquake zone?
People choose to do all sorts of things that make their life more difficult every day. Why? As the wise old saying goes, "Because they can.".
When did you choose to be attracted to women?
4/27/2019 9:59 AM
None of those things are fair comparisons.
4/27/2019 10:19 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/27/2019 9:59:00 AM (view original):
When did you choose to be attracted to women?
Great question!! For me, I think, it has to do with vision. Eyesight.

Perhaps, IF I was blind, I wouldn't have been "attracted" to women.
Isn't 2 X 4.5% pretty dang close to that 1 in 10 stat I mentioned from the 60's??

I wonder if the incidence of "gayism" is higher among blind folks?

What you think? my good friend all3?
4/27/2019 11:52 AM
I don't see that at all
4/27/2019 11:53 AM
okay...what is your argument that it is a choice?
4/27/2019 12:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...22 Next ▸
democratic candidate for president Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.