The Debate... Topic

You guys are willfully ignoring things now.    Everyone knows - even the most moonbattified MSNBC reporter - that Obama refused to call it what it was, and kept blaming the stupid video for at least 2 weeks.    You're maxing out on your 'Wear triple Trojans' protection of the administration now.      Leave it alone and move to something easier to lie about, like Romney's dog - you were at your best then.  
10/17/2012 9:27 AM
10/17/2012 9:41 AM
Act of Terror=:       Telling an occupy wall street moron to get a job.    Being black and conservative.    Carrying a bible.    Drinking a 20oz. drink in NYC.    Building a pipeline.   Saying Roe v Wade is a bad law.    Holding a rally that doesn't leave trash all over the place.     A cross on the side of a highway.      The list is endless.
10/17/2012 9:49 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/17/2012 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Still, why is a moderator doing anything but moderating? Would jimbo et al be sitting here quietly if she'd interjected to tell Obama he was wrong? No. She overstepped her bounds, regardless of which candidate it was in support of.
I'd love to see a debate where the moderator stepped in whenever the candidates lied or distorted facts.  Problem is, just about everything out of both their mouths is at least someone flawed.  Listening to them go back and forth with half-truths and distortions does not help the American public at all.
10/17/2012 9:49 AM
That's my point. EVERY candidate lies or distorts a fact at some point in a debate. I have never seen a moderator interject with a "fact check" in any debate I've watched. And as I said - if she'd fact-checked Obama instead of Romney, the Left would be rioting in the streets over the unfair treatment of their man.
10/17/2012 10:02 AM
maybe she was there
10/17/2012 10:15 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/17/2012 10:02:00 AM (view original):
That's my point. EVERY candidate lies or distorts a fact at some point in a debate. I have never seen a moderator interject with a "fact check" in any debate I've watched. And as I said - if she'd fact-checked Obama instead of Romney, the Left would be rioting in the streets over the unfair treatment of their man.
She factchecked both, jizzface.
10/17/2012 10:19 AM
Sorry. I must of missed the point where she cut in and said "actually Mr President, you're wrong"
10/17/2012 10:22 AM
i mean maybe she was there, at the press conference, the day after the Libya thing, watching and reporting what the president said, direct from his mouth to her ears

that might make her interject with a fact check

you know, since she was there, seen it with her own eyes, heard it with her own ears, remembered it with her own memory, etc
10/17/2012 10:57 AM
Yeah, Romney should be able to outright lie with no recourse against him! 

That's freedom of speech! Why don't you believe in freedom of speech moderator? Why do you hate america moderator? 
10/17/2012 11:06 AM
THE MORMON LIED HIS SECOND CHANCE DIED
10/17/2012 11:58 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/17/2012 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Sorry. I must of missed the point where she cut in and said "actually Mr President, you're wrong"
Don't you have some threads in MLB and NFL to be wrong in?  It is a worthy goal to be a triple threat of dumbassedry though, good job.
10/17/2012 12:17 PM
Once again jimbo shows his partisanship, knowing full well he'd be ******** about unfairness if the shoe was on the other foot.

You don't think Obama "misremembered" anything last night? The bottom line is she overstepped her bounds as a moderator. If you think I'm wrong, present me with evidence of other moderators in presidential debates cutting in to tell a candidate he's lying/wrong. I've never seen it.
10/17/2012 12:44 PM
I'll admit that I loved seeing her smack Romney down, it was good theater.  Of course, Romney came off as pushy and arrogant, always trying to get the last answer in on other topics after the moderator moved on, so he deserved everything she dished out to him.  I don't like Romney/Ryan, I'm not a big fan of Obama but as usual in the quadrennial presidental election extravaganza, we are stuck with two guys who are basically the same, no matter how they try to separate themselves from each other.  So lesser of two evils rules.
10/17/2012 12:50 PM
Posted by slowmoe on 10/17/2012 9:49:00 AM (view original):
Act of Terror=:       Telling an occupy wall street moron to get a job.    Being black and conservative.    Carrying a bible.    Drinking a 20oz. drink in NYC.    Building a pipeline.   Saying Roe v Wade is a bad law.    Holding a rally that doesn't leave trash all over the place.     A cross on the side of a highway.      The list is endless.

Slow's post is an Act of Stupidity.

This whole impromptu rewriting of history is an Act of Desperation.

10/17/2012 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...19 Next ▸
The Debate... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.