Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Posted by damag on 4/24/2019 7:15:00 PM (view original):
I know no one cares about my ****, but I actually put some effort into drafting and building my minor league teams as well as I can, and it ****** me off that they go into the playoffs and get beat by cheap-*** owners who lazily populate their entire minor league systems with unwanted AAA free agents. Jerks.

¯\_("/)_/¯

Seriously, I take an intermediate approach. I don't like having to work all that hard on my minors but I don't like them being in disarray either. So I try to draft a bunch of high DUR position players, and I try to get credible defensive teams at all levels, and then I don't check in more than once a week or so to manage fatigue. My quirk is that I bother to sign the "best" tryout camp pitchers I can find; God only knows why.

But I don't rank draft prospects that won't make the majors based on how much they help my minor league teams; that's too hard. And I certainly don't populate my low minors with guys making $55K. Good way to set fire to $1-2M.
4/25/2019 12:11 AM
Lol I mostly only make sure they are full and wont run at 0's. I put all my possible ml players at aa or higher and make sure they play other wise I set fire to 1-2 mill if needed to fill. I do make sure I have a few catchers at each level and some what change guys positions to accurately reflect what they are capable of.
4/25/2019 10:48 AM
Just venting, but you put together a 60-win Rookie team and get beat by two SPs, 28 and 29 yo, who are making BL money and last played in AAA. I guess all that really matters is that my players get the reps.

4/25/2019 12:10 PM
Lol I honestly have no idea what my minor league teams records are. I'm sorry but I am probally one of those you hate.
4/25/2019 2:33 PM
Posted by damag on 4/24/2019 7:15:00 PM (view original):
I know no one cares about my ****, but I actually put some effort into drafting and building my minor league teams as well as I can, and it ****** me off that they go into the playoffs and get beat by cheap-*** owners who lazily populate their entire minor league systems with unwanted AAA free agents. Jerks.

Did I do this trick?

I learned long ago that once spring training is over there are a lot of 39 year old former ML'ers that just want someplace to play. Since I can't find a minor league SS or CF or C for my team, I gladly offer them a job and they rake in the High A San Diego Adventurer's's's'
4/25/2019 2:39 PM
Lost the NLCS 4 games to 2. I won both games he started actual rookies in. I lost the four he started his AAA pitchers in. Yay.

4/26/2019 7:15 PM
Posted by damag on 4/26/2019 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Lost the NLCS 4 games to 2. I won both games he started actual rookies in. I lost the four he started his AAA pitchers in. Yay.

Well you beat me in Low A ball.
4/27/2019 5:41 PM
I have to search for this every season, and every time I search I find different people saying different things...

How many major league days into a season do you need to wait before calling a guy up to save the year of service time?
4/30/2019 12:22 PM
20 minor league days. The minor leagues start 2 HBD days after the majors.
4/30/2019 1:31 PM
Thanks!
4/30/2019 7:20 PM
Is there any way to predict if your upcoming FA is going to be given type a or type b status?
5/2/2019 10:30 PM
Posted by watch_this on 5/2/2019 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Is there any way to predict if your upcoming FA is going to be given type a or type b status?
The better the overall ranking the more likely they are to be a type A.
5/3/2019 7:49 AM
It's time to call up Esteban Aguilera, but there is not an obvious spot in the lineup for him. Who should he replace? My gut is that he's my new everyday right fielder, but I am hesitant to lose Fergie Aplin and his power from the middle of the order.
5/3/2019 12:26 PM (edited)
Is there a way (other than copy/paste) to export Box Scores to Excel and/or Google Sheets for analysis?
5/3/2019 6:35 PM
Haven't posted on here in a while. Game 7 NLCS. Player Profile: Richard Crane - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports is supposed to start Game 7. His stamina is 75 (100). My understanding is that you typically want to have a player be at 100% stamina for at least one game to truly be at 100%. Player Profile: Ernest Schmidt - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports is my #2 and his stamina is 79 (100). My first inclination was to start Crane on a reduced PC (like 75-80 target, 90 max) and put Schmidt as a SUA. Now, I'm thinking I should use them as tandem starters with target pitch counts of 75-80 and max of 90.

1. Which strategy do you like best?
2. If you go the tandem starter route, do you have any tips for tandem starters as I do not have much experience with it?

Franchise Profile: Baby Warriors - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports - here is my team so you can see my bullpen options which aren't the best.
5/3/2019 8:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.