I would join if it were weighted in some way.
I'm not trying to screw up your plans, if anything, like abfball, I love me some icon simmage. I run five Icon teams, more than anybody (2 each in both the original and the 70s league, and one in the 40s league). But I manage the Pirates in the original icon mainly to help keep the league going when no one would take them over after they had been abandoned. I do my best each year, but that team doesn't have 1/3 the options my Yankees have in each draft, so I end up with a losing record pretty much every year.
I'm only trying to help here, so don't take my comments the wrong way. I'd love to see this get off the ground, and I just started a league with a bunch of guys I work with (not an icon) and I know I could convince some of them to join this league. I'd just hate to do all the research and get them in, only to see the league fold after 2 or 3 seasons. We weighted the draft based on 10-year winning % in both Icons, and that seemed to work fairly well. Just my two cents.