Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 4/30/2019 4:51:00 PM (view original):
"As a Twist, you may zoom into the future of your franchise, to 2001, 20 years ahead of our starting time, and bring back 1 player, as long as he actually started with your team."

Just to clarify - does that player have to have been on your franchise's roster in 2001, or just active in 2001 and started with your franchise?

For example, could the Expos bring Randy Johnson back to 1981, since he started with them, even though he played for the D'Backs in 2001?
He must be on your 2001 team roster and has to have started with your franchise in his first qualifying season, so you will get him as a rookie when the time comes as well, then you can start him in any season, for example I’m using Vlad Guerrero from my 2001 roster, but starting with his 2nd season, 1998, and will progress from there until he retires, is cut, or you run back into his rookie season, at which time you must let him come up as a rookie.
4/30/2019 5:27 PM
Pirates - Player TBD
5/1/2019 7:48 AM
gotcha, good choice, Bonds will never leave for the Giants!
5/1/2019 11:53 AM (edited)
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/1/2019 2:45:00 PM (view original):
The 6 teams not chosen - ALL of the players on those rosters can be drafted ?
So, if nobody takes the Angels, I can draft Rod Carew?
Yep
5/1/2019 3:09 PM
If we get close and you allow, I'd take a second team in this league. Lots of great choices still available!
5/1/2019 3:47 PM
Not a biggie, but just curious about your Sox note on the first page - Derek Lowe would not be eligible, would he? He has a WIS eligible season for Seattle in '97, but only a combined for the Sox. I only ask because I was eyeing them earlier.
5/1/2019 4:24 PM
ooops, you are right Jtpsops, I was going thru teams pretty quick, prolly missed others too lol
5/1/2019 10:27 PM
Some teams really have little to no difference makers to bring back, So Ive decided to make a slight change.

As a twist, you may go to your 2001 roster, 20 years ahead of our start time, --OR-- go to 2011, 30 years ahead of our start time, and choose any player to Zoom back to 1981 and progress yearly as everyone else, as long as his first WiS eligible season is for your team, staying within our rules.
5/2/2019 11:56 AM (edited)
This new change should help those teams that had very little to bring back to help their teams out, or at least give them more options.
5/2/2019 11:58 AM
I'll swallow my pride and take the Cardinals - Albert Pujols starting with 2001 season.
5/2/2019 1:12 PM
Posted by Mr_Cubbie on 5/2/2019 1:12:00 PM (view original):
I'll swallow my pride and take the Cardinals - Albert Pujols starting with 2001 season.
Cardinals are already spoken for
5/2/2019 2:10 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/2/2019 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Mr_Cubbie on 5/2/2019 1:12:00 PM (view original):
I'll swallow my pride and take the Cardinals - Albert Pujols starting with 2001 season.
Cardinals are already spoken for
My mistake. I'd probably not enjoy having a Cardinals team anyway. Instead, I'll take the California Angels - Mike Trout starting with 2012 season.
5/2/2019 2:13 PM
How about I take the 1981 Padres with player to be named later.
5/2/2019 3:53 PM
Thx guys!
5/2/2019 4:11 PM
So, we have a Q;

"With only a small initial draft, and small draft in between each season, we should have a quick turn around every season!"

Is there going to be an 'initial draft"???


DBP
5/2/2019 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...15 Next ▸
Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.