FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Swamp City Dragons Canada World 64
Burnaby Hillbillies Canada World 91
would like to return
2/11/2020 6:23 AM
Peace River Shadowcats Italy World 61 would like to return.
If there is room I would love to also include Walkersville Lions FC Hungary World 85.
If only one then the Shadowcats.
2/15/2020 1:13 PM
World 59 Capital Punishment would like to be entered. I used to win these tournaments but haven't been in one in a few years.
2/16/2020 12:33 PM
O.k. I haven't played in one of these yet. I would assume you will create a schedule and the Home team makes the challenges.Post the results back here. I don't see a copy to clipboard on any of my exhibition box scores, so are owners also posting goal scorers ? How else would you get all those stats.....
2/16/2020 12:54 PM
Posted by 2U23L on 2/16/2020 12:54:00 PM (view original):
O.k. I haven't played in one of these yet. I would assume you will create a schedule and the Home team makes the challenges.Post the results back here. I don't see a copy to clipboard on any of my exhibition box scores, so are owners also posting goal scorers ? How else would you get all those stats.....
Yes and no.

I'll be posting tomorrow or Tuesday morning all of the Group Stage brackets, rules, etc.

The only thing you guys need to do is send/receive challenges and manage your rosters. I go in several times a day and grab the results, goal scorers, etc. and then post them here. You can ask owners who have played in previous tournaments. I keep on top of the results and am constantly updating the standings, goal tracker, etc. It keeps me busy but, with a dozen world participating, it's the only smooth way to make it work. Everyone trying to send me box scores or posting them here would get messy. So, you all make sure the games get played and I'll do all the rest.
2/16/2020 1:13 PM (edited)
Fun Facts while I'm building the tournament. The 28 teams entered have a combined

31,233 FC Dynasty wins

279 FC Dynasty national titles

Bring your A game. You can play injured players in exhibition games. If you have a stud that is injured, play him.
2/17/2020 1:35 PM
Another Fun Fact, one of the 28 teams entered has only 102 wins. Which is less than half a percent of all wins entered. This team is also favored to lead all statistics irrelevant to tournament play, such as fouls, yellow cards, red cards, and suspensions.
2/17/2020 6:33 PM
The group tables are up and, as far as I can tell, everything is a go. If you see any mistakes in the standings once results start coming in, please point them out.

The Group Stage officially starts on Wednesday but feel free to start scheduling now. The time frame for the Group Stage is through the 29th (Leap Day.) You'll play a home and away against each opponent, so you'll be sending and receiving a challenge with each team in your group. Try to check in with your team a few times a week to see if additional challenges have been sent to you (or maybe you need to re-send additional challenges.) As I alluded to in the opening post, don't be surprised if you get several challenges in the same slot, especially at the beginning of the tournament. Since only one game per slot can be accepted, either you or your group mate will need to send a new request.

Make sure you are challenging the correct team. There are a lot of teams with like names. You can always copy/paste the user ID from the participating teams list. There might be several teams with similar names but every ID is unique.

OK, everyone. It's time to lace up your cleats. Good luck and show no mercy. Goal differential is a tiebreaker.
2/17/2020 9:29 PM
Looks great! Thanks for all the hard work!
2/17/2020 11:11 PM
My challenges have been sent and my lineups adjusted....no one under 70 overall in now...screw the young players..lol
2/17/2020 11:33 PM
The tournament is officially underway as of this morning and, out of the 84 Group Stage games to be played, 36 have already been scheduled. Group E has all but one match-up remaining. That is mildly awesome. Remember, games must be scheduled by the 29th but, as long as it's scheduled by the deadline, the actual game can be played in early March, if necessary. So, there are a full 11 days of scheduling left.

Group E gets the competition going tomorrow morning at 6am when Capital Punishment hosts Hespeler Impact. Four additional games in the afternoon finish off the opening day's action, including Aurea Cruce Aquilonis beginning its title defense. As of right now, there are multiple games scheduled every day through the 29th.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be updating the standings and the L'Orteil D'or goal tracker probably twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Enjoy the tournament, everyone.
2/19/2020 8:58 AM
Group F - The Medieval group. Very clever. Pitting all the Dragons against the Knights. How close was the Swampdragons to being in Group F instead of the Shadowcats ?
2/19/2020 9:37 AM
Posted by 2U23L on 2/19/2020 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Group F - The Medieval group. Very clever. Pitting all the Dragons against the Knights. How close was the Swampdragons to being in Group F instead of the Shadowcats ?
Yeah. That wasn't intentional, although I laughed afterwards when I noticed it. Swamp City and North Polar actually met in the knockout rounds last year. Both Dutch teams are in Group B so I guess that's the Orange Group (or the Red Light District Group.)

When I create the brackets, after the top 7 teams get assigned to different groups, I have to move the clubs around so that they don't play fellow world members, one of their own alt IDs, a team they were in the group stage with in the last tournament, etc., like what the March Madness tournament does to avoid having all the ACC teams from meeting in the same region.
2/19/2020 2:49 PM
The last one was a lot of competition this one seems epic. Alot more teams i wonder how many season 1 guys in this Tournament?
2/19/2020 6:39 PM
There are three original teams (FC Dynasty clubs that have been playing since Season 1 of the game) entered in the tournament.

Detroit Bodysnatchers
Wolves
Metropolitan Streaming Eagles

There were a couple of others that started before season 10...
2/20/2020 8:57 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.