I will come back with the Phils

Legacy Pete Alexander
Pitcher Chris Short
Hitter Pancho Herrerra
Wildcard Johnny Callison

I like the idea of 7 out of 25 also.
4/7/2020 12:31 PM
I would like to get in on this with the available Indians.
4/7/2020 12:44 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I like the idea of 7 out of 25 players will be from your franchise. I'm willing to make the change to 2 hitters, 2 pitchers, 1 wild care and 2 legacy if all agree.

I was on the fence for 2 legacy as well, but the worse teams could really benefit from those 2 players.
I am OK with this proposal.
4/7/2020 12:44 PM
Good question. The Legacy are the only ones to play continues with no IR or skipped years if they come back. If they have 10 years separated by years you get to play them in 10 straight years with no releasing. For Territorials we don't want to have clones so I'll have to look at the rules that were in place, but I'm going to say you only get them for the first 6 years (example) then they become a FA who could be kept by another team for the rest of his career and not go back to your team. It would get messy if they were to come back. They left for some reason so they should no long be part of your franchise unless you draft him back that next season.
4/7/2020 12:46 PM
I will take the Pirates as a second team.
4/7/2020 12:50 PM
Im good with the extras, its more of a “Franchise” than
4/7/2020 12:51 PM
Posted by rejay on 4/7/2020 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I would like to get in on this with the available Indians.
Welcome aboard

We are going to use: 2 Territorial Hitters and Pitchers with 1 Legacy Hitter and Pitcher.
Let me know when you have your selections.

With that we are at 12 teams so we will start taking 2nd teams, but we still have a couple of owners not heard from yet so you can wait.
If needed I will take the very last 2nd team (16).
4/7/2020 12:52 PM
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Territorial Hitter - Willie Mays
Territorial Pitcher - Juan Marichal
Wild Card Player - Orlando Cepeda
Legacy - Christy Mathewson
4/7/2020 12:53 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Good question. The Legacy are the only ones to play continues with no IR or skipped years if they come back. If they have 10 years separated by years you get to play them in 10 straight years with no releasing. For Territorials we don't want to have clones so I'll have to look at the rules that were in place, but I'm going to say you only get them for the first 6 years (example) then they become a FA who could be kept by another team for the rest of his career and not go back to your team. It would get messy if they were to come back. They left for some reason so they should no long be part of your franchise unless you draft him back that next season.
I had deleted my original question but I am fine with this answer, which makes good sense. Just wanted to be sue I understood the rule.

By the way, are Legacy players exclusive or could Rogers Hornsby for example be a legacy player with the Cardinals and Cubs or Tris Speaker with the Red Sox and Indians (better example !)
4/7/2020 12:55 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rejay on 4/7/2020 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I would like to get in on this with the available Indians.
Welcome aboard

We are going to use: 2 Territorial Hitters and Pitchers with 1 Legacy Hitter and Pitcher.
Let me know when you have your selections.

With that we are at 12 teams so we will start taking 2nd teams, but we still have a couple of owners not heard from yet so you can wait.
If needed I will take the very last 2nd team (16).
Shouldnt this say 2 hitters, 2 pitchers, and 1 wild card, plus 1 legacy pitcher and 1 legacy hitter?
4/7/2020 12:56 PM
Yes - I updated the front rules section. Total of 7 players from your franchise.
4/7/2020 1:01 PM
Phils-
2nd hitter- Tony Gonzalez
2nd pitcher- Art Mahaffey
Legacy Hitter - Billy Hamilton
4/7/2020 1:12 PM
I'll stick with the Cubs, Players will be:

1st Hitter: Ernie Banks
2nd Hitter: Ron Santo
1st Pitcher: Dick Ellsworth
2nd Pitcher:Glen Hobbie
Wildcard: Frank Thomas (will be changed next season to Billy Williams)
Legacy Hitter: Hack Wilson (1926-1931)
Legacy Pitcher: Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown (1904-1912)
4/7/2020 1:23 PM (edited)
Dodgers:
2nd Hitter-Willie Davis
2nd Pitcher-Johnny Podres
4/7/2020 1:25 PM
Posted by stroh23 on 4/7/2020 11:30:00 AM (view original):
I will stay with the Reds. Would have rather stayed in the 50's the earlier the better for me but I will take what I can get.

Hittrer : OF Vada Pinson
Pitcher: Jim O'Toole
Wildcard: Frank Robinson
Legacy Noodles Hahn
SS Leo Cardenas as my 2nd Hitter
Jim Maloney as my 2nd pitcher
OF Edd Roush as my legacy hitter

Also with 2 legacy players, we should have plenty of players for 16 teams which I would rather have.
4/7/2020 1:27 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.