New Progressive Franchise Idea- Feedback? (PAUSED) Topic

I have thought about this type of concept myself.....very intriguing. I definitely agree that you either need to allow players to come back after a waiting period or come up with a way to artificially spread the talent out over time. I've got a lot of personal stuff going on right now so don't want to commit, but definitely put me in the "interested" camp.....
12/9/2020 12:08 PM
Looks Good
12/9/2020 5:53 PM
Yes Landry. I dont think anyone was as concerned about having a position covered (2B for Indians in your example) as they were about someone taking a team like the Padres and having Gwynn/Winfield/Randy Jones, etc. and after a few seasons if they age retire/move on...they would just dump the team because there were not enough guys to compete with other franchises who had more stars. Creating league instability. A couple of points of clarity.

- I think 20 seasons would be a huge success. 10 would be good but the actual owners in the league will stay on if they like the league and that is something that can be decided once we launch. Again, this is about having fund, having owners who have opinions and participate..not just someone who has 15 teams on auto pilot...this idea while perhaps not the first time it was suggested is definitely DIFFERENT than the tired same old progressives.
- All who play progressives know it is a time investment and take is seriously. That is also why I wanted to limit franchises to ensure we have plenty of players available but also not have it be just loaded like a $255 league.
- Also as stated, once we get into this we can chose to assign an alternative franchise to draw from also but that would be down the road. Not now.
12/10/2020 11:14 AM
Are we going to run with this and advertise it as an actual league?
12/14/2020 10:13 PM
Hey Fat. I wanted to get a couple more owners. LIke 8 of desired 12. Otherwise once you throw it out there, you may get some random dudes join...and you never want to start a progressive unless you get a committment.
12/16/2020 10:40 PM
Thanks for the interest. I actually had a couple more guys interested giving us 8 owners but because not full and bheid appears to be starting one that is similar to what I wanted....Im going to pause on this. Still would like to do it but want it to be unique.

Ill keep you posted if I relaunch.
12/28/2020 10:47 AM
◂ Prev 12
New Progressive Franchise Idea- Feedback? (PAUSED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.