The Glory of Their Times - need 1 Topic

i m interested , in a progressive , with no clones and no twisting , but a dual prog is fine . also . lmk . thanks
11/18/2021 3:18 PM
On behalf of the other owners signed up, welcome aboard
11/18/2021 9:56 PM
I am in
11/25/2021 2:24 PM
Welcome aboard!
11/25/2021 6:22 PM
I would do it if we do a 12 team single year league.
11/26/2021 12:08 PM
Count me in...
11/29/2021 10:40 AM
I am interested, but I'd like to know what rules you are settling on, including the draft rules that combat tanking.
11/30/2021 10:28 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/7/2021 11:58:00 PM (view original):
yup

at some point jonstephen you are gonna have to lay out your rules



make some decisions so people can make theirs

I sent him a sitemail asking for some clarification and didn’t even get the courtesy of a response.
12/8/2021 10:47 AM
I'd like to join as well. I'm in a progressive ran by Zimbabweguy called "All The Way (ATW) League that also started in 1901 and its great. (Currently in 1928). It's a lot of fun playing through those years.
12/8/2021 8:06 PM
I've thought for a while, that a nice 1901 twist would be as follows (inspired my other progs). Start in 1901. Random snake style draft. 12 teams - 2 leagues. 40 win-minimum for the 1st. No rotation or position players below 80% fatigue. Players can play out of position, but only if it follows the CF-SS-2B-ect rule. Bones players for the first few years.

The Shaft twist = players who first appeared in an MLB year, but didn't meet the 50ab/25ip threshold, are eligible, in the 1st round only, to be drafted as "prospects". Teams can have 1 prospect at a time. Teams that select prospects would have to pick a supplemental pick at the end of the regular draft. 2 AA real-life prospects to help with trading and filling out rosters.
12/8/2021 8:18 PM
Sorry guys. Been crazy at work with holidays and family stuff. I’ll try to finalize the format tomorrow and folks can do what they want.

Sorry didn’t intend to ignore any site mails and don’t see one from you beach bum but do see one from tribe fan. I’m sorry I didn’t respond. I intended to and just failed.
12/8/2021 9:59 PM
Ok - Here is what the league will be for anyone who wants to join -

12 Teams -
2 year progressive starting w 1901/1902
No salary Cap
No clones
No DH
Owner may choose which season or partial season to play
Player must have a defensive position rating to start at that position
Bones players will be used to fill the needed ABs and IPs
Rule changes by majority vote
25 man rosters with IR
Initial draft will be snake 1-12 then 12-1
No trading of draft picks more than two years ahead
Eligible stadiums will be drafted as part of initial draft

Wins floor of 40 at 120 with a bottom 4 lottery - I wouldn't be opposed to another anti tanking method but not sure how to do it in a 12 team league so we can start here
12/17/2021 12:03 AM (edited)
Had more sitemail interest in 12 team league so made the change
12/12/2021 12:50 PM
I'll have to pull my name from this list.

12/12/2021 1:21 PM
I'll play
12/12/2021 2:29 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Glory of Their Times - need 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.